Great device manager!
December 07, 2019
Great device manager!
Score 9 out of 10
Overall Satisfaction with Cisco Identity Services Engine (ISE)
We use ISE to provide access to networking devices and systems. We currently are using TACACS with AD authentication to authenticate to devices. We like having the ability to centrally control all our devices and log activities. When a new employee is added to their team's ACLs, they then are granted access to the devices they need.
- Centrally manages all devices in one place. It's never fun to have to manage multiple systems.
- Very solid platform. We haven't had any issues with things not working properly.
- Has built in profiles for many devices and systems. It really makes it quick to build out.
- Lot and lots of settings. if they could simplify the process or have a template that would make things easier.
- No batch edit. Would be nice to change settings of multiple devices at a time.
- Cisco ISE is fairly expensive, but I feel that the time it saves our team is well worth it.
- We have been able to roll this our to all of our teams, and they can each manage their own device and it is really convenient to have each team mange their own devices
- Once it is deployed and configured, it seems like there isn't much upkeep, so we don't have to hire someone to manage it we do it by committee.
Cisco ISE stacks up well against other systems because it does what it says and is stable. For us, ISE is great for managing access to our network devices and systems. Cisco ISE might not do as much as other products, but you will pay more for those options. If you are looking to manage your devices with no extra fluff, Cisco ISE is great.
You can always get someone to talk to right away, and I love that they have chat. For the most part, even their first contact reps are very knowledgable. With this being a Cisco product, there are a ton of online documentation and forums where you can get expert help.
Do you think Cisco Identity Services Engine (ISE) delivers good value for the price?
Are you happy with Cisco Identity Services Engine (ISE)'s feature set?
Did Cisco Identity Services Engine (ISE) live up to sales and marketing promises?
Did implementation of Cisco Identity Services Engine (ISE) go as expected?
Would you buy Cisco Identity Services Engine (ISE) again?
We have hundreds of devices, and it's great that we can manage them from one system. We have different vendors and Cisco ISE handles them all. We are a corporate environment where every team uses different systems and has different needs. Cisco ISE and very robust and can handle pretty much all situations and devices. We use this where TACACS is dipping into our AD system and it works great. Cisco ISE would be less Ideal if you are not using a TACACS or Radius and just have users. You could add all the users into ISE, but that seems like a lot of work.