Overall Satisfaction with Cisco Meraki MX Firewalls
Implementing Meraki across our various branches has helped with business continuity. The reporting enables us to plan correctly, and it is the ease of deployment is what really stands out. We have been able to save so much on rollouts, and the management console makes it a breeze to manage.
- Deployment costs reduced.
- Licensing cost have increased.
- Management time reduced.
I put Meraki into the small to medium enterprise segment, touching into the larger corporates. Aruba addresses the medium to larger segments.
Using Cisco Meraki MX Firewalls
10 - The Technical Staff whom are mostly CMNA certified use the MX devices on a daily basis as part of the security services that we provide to a growing number of customers. The devices coupled with the Advanced Security License allows us to be proactive in our service delivery and manage multiple customers from a single pane of glass. Utilising the Advanced Threat Protection from Cisco Meraki a lot of the work is done for us, as they root our Malware and other threats every second.
10 - Cisco Meraki certification path starts with the Cisco Meraki Network Operator (CMNO) which aimed at the Customer end user, then progresses to the Cisco Meraki Network Administrator (CMNA) aimed at Meraki Partners who scope, sell and manage the products and finally the Cisco Meraki Masters which is an invitational only certification program. The Meraki Masters is an exclusive in-depth lab training and demo certification program held at Meraki HQ. Masters receive the CMNP certification and access to ongoing engagement opportunities and special access to other special events and programs.
- Centralised Management for our NOC/SOC
- Cloud management makes deployment a breeze.
- Advanced Security allows for proactive Security management and integration
- Combined with the MS and MR products proves to be beneficial giving up to date Layer 7 information about the network.
- The MR Bluetooth beaconing allows for gathering key metrics around visitors, passerby's, and loyalty customers.
- Security, security , security, as they continue to strengthen their security offerings we are able to leverage their strengths and protect our customers better each day. This has led to some additional revenue streams and reduced the average support costs.
- The Meraki API allows for a lot of future development within our customer base and with potential new customers.
Overall the Meraki products are a little more expensive than some of the competitors out there, but the value that they to our business exceeds the costs multiple times over. As the products continue to developed they are ticking off more and more boxes that we find important in delivering our managed services to our customers.