Cisco Webex DX80 Review
September 06, 2020
Cisco Webex DX80 Review
Score 8 out of 10
Overall Satisfaction with Cisco Webex DX80
It is primarily used for Cisco Webex Video conferencing and is used by mid-level to senior executives. Executives/Mid-level managers across Sales, Support, and Consulting use it today. The main problem it addresses is the ability to have high-quality video during conferences especially during COVID when the workforce has become largely distributed and we no longer work out of office even for our own internal meetings, let alone customer meetings.
- Replacing physical phone for Webex conferences
- High quality video conference initiation in push of a single button
- Ability to collaborate through white-boarding for an ongoing meeting
- Single platform device for end to end meeting needs
- Support for Polycom inter-compatibility
- Should be able to choose between multiple form factors on screen size
- Should open up for non-Webex meetings as well
- Bluetooth version needs to be upgraded to support multiple headsets
- Positive impact for all customer meetings that use it
- Positive impact as even internal meetings now are held through it
- Positive impact from not having to use multiple solutions for effective collaboration and leverage our Cisco investments
We are traditionally a Cisco consulting shop and while we played with Zoom Phone we found that we cannot sustain the diversity of the endpoint devices especially for executives, VPs, and some senior managers and we didn't want to compromise on voice/video qualities and preferred an end to end consistent compatible video conferencing system outside of the PC or multi-vendor devices.
We have never had any issues so far except that there is some flakiness in the internet bandwidth now that everyone works from home, etc. We have a very good IT team that is on top of any challenges executives face while using the system. They also take care proactively of any updates they need to do to keep everything up and working.
Do you think Cisco Webex DX80 delivers good value for the price?
Are you happy with Cisco Webex DX80's feature set?
Did Cisco Webex DX80 live up to sales and marketing promises?
I wasn't involved with the selection/purchase process
Did implementation of Cisco Webex DX80 go as expected?
Would you buy Cisco Webex DX80 again?
Cisco Webex DX80 is an easy to use, one-touch click device for executives to get into meetings. It is a platform in itself with the ability to do whiteboarding, content sharing while we are on the call and not just a pretty camera and high-resolution monitor. The fact that increasingly we all need Webex for all meetings including our own during COVID and the new normal makes this a compelling need also for mid-level managers.