Zoom Phone Reviews

September 11, 2020

Hold a Business Meeting From the Palm of Your Hand With Zoom Phone

Zoom Phone is being used in tandem with its desktop-friendly application—Zoom. While it is being used across the organization, it primarily depends on the person and the technological capabilities of employees' at-home set up. Zoom Phone, much like Zoom itself, addresses the problem of socially distant communication with it's own line of telecommunication benefits.
  • Stylish design
  • High quality audio
  • Zoom's questionable security
  • Difficulty multitasking
  • Screen sharing issues
While you'd expect a mobile app to have more restrictions on usage than the desktop version, Zoom Phone is pretty much the opposite. Since everyone seems to have a smartphone these days as compared to a laptop with proper camera and microphone capabilities, Zoom Phone comes in handy for business meetings/phone calls wherein which you'd like total participation. Though vertical "selfie" shots may not appear the most professional, nor is the screen sharing feature all that easy to use on mobile, overall, Zoom Phone successfully hits the marks where Skype and other such mobile applications fail in a business environment.
Though Zoom's security protocol is questionable which leads to a slightly lower score than I had intended, overall customer support for Zoom Phone and Zoom as a whole is fairly intuitive and streamlined. While the application is straight-forward enough to not necessarily warrant a lot of support, the few times have been quick and painless.
Jonathan Tanis | TrustRadius Reviewer
April 02, 2020

We switched to Zoom and haven't looked back!

We currently use Zoom Phones for all 40 of our employees across all departments. We chose Zoom Phones after leaving RingCentral because of the reliability we've noticed with Zoom Meetings, the cost savings compared to RingCentral, and the integration with Salesforce that has worked well. I prefer to go with reliable cloud-based solutions that are full of features and flexibility and look for ease of setup, provisioning and administration as a small business.
  • Ease of Use
  • Ease of Management
  • Reliability (except for that first week of COVID panic!)
  • Phone routing features and flexibility
  • IT Integrations and Automations
  • Voicemail handling for queues and groups can't have their own shared voicemail box.
  • They recently starting limiting how many greetings you can have per user, so you have to do some annoying workarounds by setting up additional users to accomplish it when you have a number of ACD.
  • Does not yet support texting.
  • I wish they had built in text to speech to quickly build new greetings or phone tree options when needed.
  • You can't just assign a phone number to a call queue or group. You have to use a specific user. Fortunately, the cost is reasonable per user so its not a big problem, but annoying none-the-less.
  • The Salesforce integration could be better, I hope they improve it. For example, voicemails and call logs don't show up in the native lightning case feed, but as tasks.
  • When callers call, I wish it would pop up how they called and what tree they went through. So we could see what number they called into and perhaps what menu options they used.
  • I'd love to be able to ask them questions to gather info for reps answering phones when appropriate.
I think Zoom Phone falls a bit short as Call Center software, but overall, its the most reliable and best value of all the phone systems I've tried so far and I've tested, used and researched many. It really is easy to manage, and users have no trouble using it immediately with our G Suite SSO, so provisioning and rollout to new hires go so well. The only time we had trouble with our phones was during a rough week during March 2020 during the COVID panic.
We've had to reach out from time to time for various questions, and they respond quickly.
Read Jonathan Tanis's full review
April 23, 2020

Fantastic VOIP System for Remote Work

Zoom is used as our video conferencing system. We have several different offices throughout the world so this helps us easily connect and discuss the latest happenings and whatnot at the company. Even more so now that we are all working remotely, Zoom is very handy for getting in touch with colleagues and managers to quickly discuss and iron out situations. Reduces the amount that we're on our telephones and messaging each other through Slack.
  • Transcribes voicemails. Great for those verbose folks that leave long voicemails.
  • Loud and clear volume quality! Great in a busy office with lots of people talking.
  • Easy to keep track of who has called me. Has Caller ID which is helpful.
  • I've had some slowdown on calls.
  • Would like caller ID when someone is calling rather than just in my call history.
  • Ability to use the numpad to dial numbers. Have to click the numbers instead of typing them in.
Great for working from home and you don't have a physical desk phone to use. I imagine a lot of people don't have a landline anymore and may be hesitant to use their personal phone to make business calls. Being in Sales, I'd rather not be using my personal number so Zoom is great for giving me the benefits of having an office phone but not being restricted to my desk and having a physical phone taking up space. Easy to pick up and go wherever I need, whether I need to make a private call or need some time away from the colleagues to focus on my calls.
I haven't had any sort of issues with Zoom as of yet to have to call Support. That right there makes me think it's a good product. Simple and easy to use. Nothing confusing or glitchy that would make me have to get in touch with them. Straightforward so I'm not trying to figure out a specific workflow.
April 23, 2020

the greatest soft phone on the market!

We implemented Zoom Phone after implementing the Zoom App for video conferencing for 8 months. It is so much better to have a soft phone now and it is great to be able to have a license that allows phone calls and conferencing. It is very nice and easy to use. We can also use the phone app so that means we can use Zoom Phone from our Macs and when we are out of the office, calls get to our cell phones.
  • No need for a cell phone.
  • Record messages into texts on the app.
  • Excellent connectivity.
  • Find a way to synchronise the app on the phone and the app on the computer.
  • Integrating with Salesforce is not user friendly.
  • Porting takes too long from the carrier to Zoom.
It only has been very well suited for us for the work we do. Recruiting: we make so many calls to candidates that sometimes using Zoom for conferencing in conjunction with Zoom Phone is great - we can keep track of all the calls, messages on the same app. This is so great. Now we also integrate with Salesforce so it is even better. No need to pay for cell phone, or Zoom Phone also works on a personal cell phone but it helps keep professional calls separate from private phone calls.
Support have been great during the time for implementing Zoom Phones to our team of 50 people. There were times where they kept supporting us through links but more and more we had actual people getting back to us via emails so we are very happy overall. The product is so great, too.

Hosted PBX (2)
9.5
Multi-level Interactive Voice Response (IVR) (3)
User templates (1)
Call reports (2)
9.5
Directory of employee names (2)
Answering rules (2)
9.2
Video screen sharing (4)
Instant messaging (3)
Mobile app for iOS (3)
Mobile app for Android (2)

About Zoom Phone

Zoom Phone is an IP PBX, or VoIP, product offered by online meetings and UCaaS vendor Zoom. With Zoom Phone, users can bundle their voice, video, voicemail, messaging, meetings, and conferencing through one application. It can carry out calls over cellular voice, cellular data, or WiFi connections and is supported on Windows, MacOS, iOS, and Android devices.