Overall Satisfaction with Citrix NetScaler Access Gateway
- allows seamless use of 2-factor authentication for heightened security within the VPN, and lowers risk of an external hack because of it.
- it allows for differing levels of security. access can be set specifically through the VPN so 2 users can use the same site and get different results depending on their active directory security policy.
- It can grant the ability to launch a single application or an entire VPN envelope
- transfer between WiFi or other network interruptions can end or suspend the session meaning a logout and login must be redone
- if one closes their laptop while the session is running, when they reopen the laptop later in the day, it will try to reconnect that previous session which has been terminated on the server side, making end users generally need to restart.
- because of the number of moving parts that connect to Citrix, often the problem can be falsely attributed to it.
- we moved from Cisco to Citrix VPN, and no longer had to worry about certificate issues
- profile issues from Cisco were no longer a problem with Citrix.
- the amount of time PER VPN call dropped significantly in the internal helpdesk, however, the volume of calls stayed the same.
It is a solid workhorse of a VPN client, and because of what it can connect to, it has the ability to do great things. but with sharp tools, remember to watch your fingers, as, without a solid security plan, the Citrix NetScaler Access Gateway can be dangerous to the company. [this goes for all VPN clients].