ClearSlide is not worth it!https://www.trustradius.com/sales-content-managementClearSlideUnspecified7.9861012017-08-22T15:00:02.153Z
August 22, 2017
ClearSlide is not worth it!
Score 1 out of 101
Overall Satisfaction with ClearSlide
We were using Clearslide primarily for sales and marketing initiatives to present custom presentation for new prospective clients for in-person and online presentations.
- Clearslide helps sales execs and managers track presentation opens sent through email prospecting pretty well.
- Clearslide helps you manage presentations with multimedia creative assets, but struggles a bit with video streaming and managing video assets.
- Clearslide converts PowerPoint presentations to online viewing formats with some limited formatting issues.
- Clearslide's auto-renew billing practices are brutal, and they do not inform customers before they charge your credit card. They should give customers alert in time so that they can reasonably cancel before the auto-renew period, especially if you cannot use their service.
- Clearslide doesn't always work well when you need it. If you are giving a presentation in a corporate environment with restricted internet access, you could be at a complete loss to deliver your presentation. Syncing issues abound, so it doesn't always make for a professional presentation option.
- Clearslide's customer success/customer support is non-existant in that they won't help you with issues - especially with billing and technical problems.
- Clearslide has had $0 return on investment for our company. We could not use their software for what it was designed in the first trial year we attempted to use their service, and none the less, they auto-renewed us for a second year of non-service despite our appeals to their executives and "customer success" managers to do the right thing.
- Clearslide literally cost us 100% of the subscription value because we were unable to use their service to land a single account in over 2 years.
I have tried their online call conferencing but found that service too was inferior to other call conferencing software and services out there.
Clearslide is well-suited for pitching to small businesses or giving simple online versions of PowerPoint presentations. Clearslide doesn't perform well if your sales team needs to present proposals to large corporations with restricted internet access, or for those sales teams who want to present multi-format creative solutions like video. And quite frankly, their draconian stealthy auto-renew billing policies that charge credit accounts without notice and their refusal to reverse charges for companies who have not used or cannot use their service makes their solution, even more, cost prohibitive.