Overall Satisfaction with Cloudways
We have used [Cloudways] to host our social media monitoring platform in PHP. It is probably used by whole organization as our company is small.
What business problems does it address?
We needed a separate server since the social platform is very power consuming. That kind of power cannot be fulfilled by shared servers. And thus we need cloud servers. Cloudways was a good abstraction - it reduced the set up complexity of a cloud server. Everything was on a click.
- Easy to set up
- Inside user dashboard is amazing.
- Live chat support is too handy.
- Costly - Adds up additional cost over same servers that u can buy directly from Linode, AWS, Google etc.
- Live chat support agents can access your code. Thus server access is not limited to the original user/owner.
- Less control over certain features such as turning off PHP FPM
- We were able to reduce load on our main server.
- By migrating social sentiment platform to cloudways, we were able to scale and run it effeciently.
- It saved lot of time as well in terms of server management.
VPS and dedicated hosting are costly, Therefore cloud hosting provides a cheaper way to own a powerful server, and IP is dedicated as well. Cloudways was the decision because:
1) Easy to set up without any linux commands we can set up the server
2) Live chat for technical help. (Excellent agents, they helped out of the scope issues too)
Do you think Cloudways delivers good value for the price?
Are you happy with Cloudways's feature set?
Did Cloudways live up to sales and marketing promises?
Did implementation of Cloudways go as expected?
Would you buy Cloudways again?
When you dont know how to set up a cloud server technically, (The LAMP stack or the PHP settings etc) Cloudways comes handy. You can easily modify the server settings with one click.
Less Appropriate - If you want to save costs, go for direct cloud providers. Setting up technical stuff is a one time job.