Linode Reviews

January 28, 2021
Erle Pereira, MBA (EntMgt) | TrustRadius Reviewer
We operate as a team of freelance professionals. Our specialisation is in Open Source and Linux technologies. Our range of projects can vary, from the mundane to the esoteric. These edge case projects leverage heavily on open source. Often they require a lot of flexibility from the underlying infrastructure platform. The nature of its offering allows us to adapt and evolve these solutions cost effectively. Excellent support, with an organisation that understands the nuances of Linux based solutions. This means we have to jump through fewer hoops. Linode is one of the primary hosting platforms for our online presence and infrastructure.
  • Excellent support, fast, detailed and service oriented.
  • Great flexibility in the platform for Linux based solutions, of whatever kind.
  • Ping times are fast, great global presence.
  • Regular platform updates and services, have allowed us to experiment with the latest tech.
  • Their online terminal shell to access the host via a web interface can act up (based on locale settings). We often use ssh direct instead.
  • Resource monitoring options are bare bones. Good for what it does, but need to use external, or self hosted solutions for detailed metrics as the infrastructure grows.
  • A trade off for the flexibility on offer, means less "easy" platform based security locks. Example, our clients sometimes ask about port blocks. Here, customized blocks are your responsibility which some cloud users take time adjusting too. It's not really a con though, many actually prefer it, including us.
There is no overhead of needing to learn an abstract interface to use their offering. If you know how to handle Linux boxes, you can use Linode. The value of this is often overlooked by many. Startups, those looking to push the envelope and roll up their sleeves to gain a competitive edge will benefit.

To put it simply, if you want to have complete control over your Linux servers on a fast reliable network, Linode is a must look at. No matter how simple your application is, your operations and admin teams will appreciate the flexibility of being able to control things at the base layers. Subsequently, your organisation will benefit.
The service has been reliable, and bordering on proactive instead of reactive. In a few cases support was needed, it was timely and effective. Stress free, which is what I am really after.
Read Erle Pereira, MBA (EntMgt)'s full review
Mochammad Zachri | TrustRadius Reviewer
My managed businesses using Linode in VPS services only, we are using mostly on Shared Plan 2GB because that's what we need.
We use it to deploy our retail platform, API, websites, WordPress pages, and databases services (each usage has 1 Linode).
Previously we use it for email server too, and Linode helping it too with the tutorial but it looks like there's no one in the company that can monitor what happen to email server.
As long I use Linode service, I am satisfied with the services.
  • Server uptime.
  • Fast response CS.
  • Large bandwidth quota.
  • Reasonable price.
  • CDN service location.
  • Object storage service.
  • More VPS option plan or customize the plan.
Linode is good when you need an appropriate VPS service with reasonable price. Linode has several location too, so you can choose based where's your target market is. In my own experience, Linode has >98% Server Uptime in my 4 year experience using it.
And if you need a responsive CS help, Linode is good for you. Every time I got a problem (even a technical one), Linode team always help me until the problem got finished.
I don't have any comment to Linode Supports except "EXCELLENT SERVICE SUPPORT." Their service is always ready whenever we need even the problem source is from our side. They help us with so many references and methods. And it's really human that help us (not a bot with unreliable help).
I know Linode have a bot too, but their human support is more amazing than the bot . 6/5 stars!
Read Mochammad Zachri's full review
Jeffery Painter | TrustRadius Reviewer
I rely on Linode for all of my cloud service needs, from running my own infrastructure (web, email and databases) to supporting the deployment of custom applications for my customers. Linode has always had first in class customer support, and provides the latest and greatest features necessary to keep my business operations up and running. It just works, and I rarely have to even think about it.
  • Easy dashboards for server management.
  • Dirt simple DNS management.
  • Easy to understand billing.
  • I don't have any recommendations for improvement.
I tend to use VPS (virtual private servers) because I like the ability to customize and install what I want on my servers. Linode offers very affordable VPS solutions. I know they also have prebuilt services that may be easier for people to use, but if you are a power user like myself, Linode is the best around.
Any time I have had an issue, I have been able to email Linode support and I typically get a response within minutes. They have some of the best, and most knowledgeable customer support I have ever seen in the business.
Read Jeffery Painter's full review
Chamal Ayesh Wickramanayaka | TrustRadius Reviewer
We are a software development firm. We have couple of web based products, we use Linode as our infrastructure. We use Linode in almost all the department from development to quality assurance. Linode gives us the server platform with very reasonable price compare to other providers. And also their support service far beyond the expectation. Honestly we are getting AWS like support without any additional cost. Superb service I have ever got. We use Linode Linux-based servers and object storage.
  • Superb swift very supportive support service.
  • A solid infrastructure never fails.
  • Very economical.
  • Lot of features and services.
  • One stop solutions for all your cloud solutions.
  • Real time analytics for service we use.
  • IoT platform.
  • Cloud function.
  • MQTT brokers.
  • Chat server.
  • Video conferencing platform (like Zoom).
  • Video streaming platform (like Vimeo).
It is appropriate in any scenarios, because they have a lot of package to pick according to your requirements.
I am always depending on human support, that is what I like about Linode.
Read Chamal Ayesh Wickramanayaka's full review
January 27, 2021
Mark Goodman | TrustRadius Reviewer
We use Linode to host our websites, provide backup, and supply a website development area. Linode gives us a way to access the Internet in a cost-effective manner. They have a process that provides flexibility in both development and production situations.
  • Keeping offerings up to date
  • Competitive pricing
  • Communicates well
  • Notify when sites are down
  • Suggestions for improvement
Our hosting with Linode has worked out well. We have been able to move the websites to different servers, which gives us the appropriate amount of redundancy. The dashboards are helpful; however, it is important to name your sites in a manner such that you understand which ones are which. We were using default naming and got confused and went in and renamed them.

Sometimes metrics are a bit hard to understand. They show quite a bit of information as to how well your site is running. But if the site is down, you need to figure it out by looking at the lack of activity. It would be nice to be notified that a site is down and not have to discover it on your own, then access Linode, and then fix it.
I appreciated it when Linode reached out and asked about how I was using the service and what changes could be made. But it would be nice if Linode would look at how we are using the service and suggest the appropriate package.

They nicely inform us of updates and changes that they are making. It gives us an opportunity to check and see that is running well. They have been available when we needed them.
Read Mark Goodman's full review
Kaushik Somaiya | TrustRadius Reviewer
Linode is cost effective cloud hosting solution for us. I use it to host my clients' WordPress sites and my sites as well.
  • Good support.
  • Totally safe to use. No data compromization.
  • Cheap pricing.
  • Easy and quick to set up and run a Linode.
  • Live chat support of course.
  • Ease of setting up mailing, etc. with SMTP.
  • Better dashboard, more confident dashboard like DigitalOcean.
Perfect for small business owners like me, dedicated IP, availability in different locations, and the servers are really faster.
They reply almost instantly within half hour. But I wish they could ramp up their team by adding live chat support executives.
Read Kaushik Somaiya's full review
Budd Royce Lam | TrustRadius Reviewer
Linode has been our primary offsite Linux server provider since the days when Linux kernel 2.4 has been around. We use it as an offsite public facing web and application server.
  • Great support.
  • Great value.
  • Fantastic uptime.
  • Wish the management UI was simpler.
  • Wish they had a datacenter in Toronto.
  • Can’t think of anything else.
I would definitely recommend going with Linode for anyone looking to run their own dedicated LAMP server or public facing game server.
I’ve never had a problem with their support. They’ve always been quite helpful and respond to tickets fairly quickly.
Read Budd Royce Lam's full review
Erik Arneson | TrustRadius Reviewer
I've used Linode for virtual private servers for over a decade. They have been consistent, reliable, affordable, and more effective than I could hope. Currently, my Linode VPSs serve as both the frontend webservers and backend database servers for every website I host. Recently I also deployed Linode object storage to manage backups and large object delivery, and it was a very low-effort move from my previous AWS S3 implementation.
  • Their virtual private servers are fast and easy to deploy and manage.
  • DNS integration is a really welcome bonus.
  • Object storage is easy to implement and deploy.
  • Better API access to object storage public URLs.
As a fairly small business owner, Linode is my cloud service provider of choice for any deployment that requires long-running virtual private servers. They are an excellent alternative to the big-name monolithic cloud service providers like GCP and AWS, and frankly, Linode is friendly and personable. It feels like they are always ready to support even their smallest customers.
One great thing about Linode is that I haven't had to use support very often. When I have needed to use Linode support, it's been for pretty obscure IT issues. They have always stepped up when they are capable, or have been honest when it's a problem that's beyond all of us. I appreciate that, and I know I can count on them to provide honest help.
Read Erik Arneson's full review
Jim Winstead | TrustRadius Reviewer
We have been using Linode virtual servers since day one to host our website. We use the Backup Service to keep those virtual machines backed up, and the monitoring services to make sure things are running smoothly. Our needs are relatively modest, but we're confident that there is plenty of room to grow with Linode as our needs expand.
  • Easy to spin up new servers and services.
  • Quick response from customer service when issues arise.
  • Clear, timely communication when underlying systems are being upgraded or fixed.
  • Monitoring would be more useful if it had more reporting capabilities (like if disk space is running low).
  • Upgrades to the plans seemed like they used to be a more regular occurrence.
It's hard to see many scenarios where someone would need to use a virtual server where Linode wouldn't provide fantastic service. Whether it's a small server to run a personal website and personal projects, or a deploying a cluster of servers to support a larger project or organization.
Linode has always responded quickly to any issues I have had, which have been very few and far between, but also has always been great about communicating well in advance when systems have had issues or upgrades have needed to be scheduled to address security issues.
Read Jim Winstead's full review
Jonathan Warren | TrustRadius Reviewer
Used for internal services (messaging and information-sharing platforms) as well as any projects requiring cloud technology support, such as remote device management.
  • Clear setup options, easy to configure machines to match requirements
  • Fast spin-up of servers
  • Clear billing
  • Challenging to migrate down to smaller servers when needed
  • Could have more automated wizards, such as to apply best-practice security settings to new servers
  • Would be great to be able to directly download a virtual machine or have other easy manual backup/restore options
Straightforward, flexible service enabling both rapid prototyping opportunities and robust services for daily use. More barebones perhaps than services such as AWS and GCP, which, in my mind, are more focused on enabling applications and platforms to scale to large user bases. That said, I have underutilized Linode so far!
I have not utilized their customer support, but their community documentation is fantastic!
Read Jonathan Warren's full review
Patrick May | TrustRadius Reviewer
Linode is used across the entire organization. We host both for our website and our REST servers on Linode instances. Linode provides us with reliable hosting at a reasonable price.
  • Reliability. Linode has very little downtime and announces in advance when updates will be required.
  • Price. Linode is great value for money. The costs are easy to understand compared to AWS and GCP.
  • Service. Linode improves the specs of instances automatically, without increasing cost.
Linode is fantastic for people who are reasonably comfortable with managing their own servers but who don't want the cost and effort of either on-premises or colocated machines. It is easier to use than AWS, the offerings are more understandable, and the costs are more predictable.

Linode may not be as well suited to less technical users, but I haven't tried their offerings in that area.
Linode has excellent documentation, their web portal is straightforward to use, they keep customers informed by email without unnecessary contact, and they respond quickly to questions.
Read Patrick May's full review
Duncan McMillan | TrustRadius Reviewer
We use Linode’s virtual dedicated servers for hosting websites and web applications on behalf of our clients. We have also used Linode’s services in the past to provide hosting infrastructure for our own projects.
  • Linode’s documentation is excellent, making it easy to set up and configure for most typical use cases. When a little extra help has been needed, their technical support has always been responsive, friendly, and to the point.
  • Linode’s service plans are priced competitively and provide excellent value for money. They also provide the flexibility to easily and quickly scale things up and down as required.
  • Communication has always been good, with plenty of notice when there are planned changes to the network and infrastructure. On the very rare occasion that there has been a problem with the system, they have always been open and transparent.
Linode is my preferred supplier for self-managed web hosting.
Linode’s technical support has always been responsive, friendly, and succinct. Oh—and helpful!
Read Duncan McMillan's full review
Shion Song | TrustRadius Reviewer
Linode is currently being used as the primary development platform relating to client websites and WordPress plugin development. By leveraging its flexibility to conveniently spin up new server environments, it serves as the perfect platform to fine tune various client configurations in isolation. Linode is also recommended as one of the potential web hosting providers for clients that have outgrown the limits of shared hosting and are in need of dedicated resources and consistent stability.
  • Flexibility and ease of use to quickly spin up new server instances.
  • Stability and uptime are almost perfect, but if some issue arises, customer support goes above and beyond to troubleshoot.
  • Pricing is transparent and generous resources in bandwidth offer peace of mind.
  • Different server configuration packages to fine tune to needs (e.g., high CPU, high RAM, etc.).
  • Ability to move up and down between packages easily depending on traffic.
  • Super fast SSD hardware.
  • Storage space can be limiting on lower-end plans
  • Backup feature is very limiting and can only restore in full to specific days as defined by linode (e.g. cannot restore to a backup from 2 days ago - only yesterday, 7 days ago, etc)
  • Backup feature cannot restore individual files - the entire server has to be restored
  • Can be challenging for business owners with little sysadmin knowledge. Requires some knowledge/reading of various guides to properly secure the server
Linode is great for business owners (or have team members) with some technical skills who have outgrown what shared hosting provides. It offers power and an environment similar to a physical dedicated server but without the high upfront costs of purchasing the hardware and networking. Unlike a dedicated server, it is also very easy (with very little downtime) to migrate up or down packages as needs change. This process is completely automatic and requires no user intervention. Linode is also a great platform for cloud/compute applications without worrying about usage billing, as you would with AWS.

However, with great power comes some responsibility. While it's definitely doable, there is a bit of a learning curve to secure and optimize the resources available. Luckily, there are hundreds of great guides on Linode but the service is still a significant departure if you're used to "one click" interfaces that are commonly available through shared hosting providers.
Linode support is fast (sometimes responding within a few minutes) and is always transparent about potential issues affecting the physical server that our VMs are on. They go above and beyond to troubleshoot issues and also take the time to include guides in each response to ensure we know how to properly perform them.
Read Shion Song's full review
Vasilii Chistyakov | TrustRadius Reviewer
We use VPS hosting from Linode for our website, which hosts the online store electronov.net. Our main sales channel is online, so the website infrastructure is of primary importance to us. Cloud hosting from Linode allows you to solve the problem of reliable and efficient hosting for a website.
  • A lot of CPU, transfer, storage, and RAM plans
  • Simple to launch and scaling node in the cloud
  • Secure and reliable enterprise-grade infrastructure
  • I would like to have more payment methods
Linode has one of the best price-to-performance ratios on the market for VPS hosting. If you are looking for a reliable and efficient web server for your website, then Linode is perfect for you. However, it should be noted that in this case you will need some technical knowledge.
Linode's technical support solved my problem within 10 minutes (the first answer to the question was given after thre minutes). My contact with technical support was at night (according to my local time) on a weekend. Therefore, I can really say that Linode has excellent technical support.
Read Vasilii Chistyakov's full review
Chris Gibson | TrustRadius Reviewer
Our business hosts a wide variety of client websites and databases on servers provided by Linode.
  • Excellent server
  • Competitive price
  • Fantastic customer service and technical support
  • The cloud firewall isn't yet out of beta
Linode is an excellent provider of standalone LAMP servers in the cloud, providing power and flexibility at a great price, without the complexity of Amazon AWS or similar competitors.
I rarely need to use Linode support, but when I do, it's prompt and friendly and helpful.
Read Chris Gibson's full review
Bosko Mijin | TrustRadius Reviewer
We are using Linode instances for micro-service deployment with and without Kubernetes. We are focused on Java tech stack (especially spring boot solutions) and we found that Linode is providing the best services for reasonable costs. The great thing is the possibility of using microk8s as a single node cluster, as well as other options.
  • Regular platform updates and services.
  • Fast ping times
  • Ubuntu images
  • Great flexibility for Linux based solutions.
  • Nothing that affects our business.
Excellent price-performance ratio. predictable costs.
I have used support only once, but everything is finished successfully in less than 10 minutes. Enjoyed the communication. Great plus!
Read Bosko Mijin's full review
January 27, 2021
Timothy Frede | TrustRadius Reviewer
I use Linode to host our website. It's an easy way to host a virtual server that we can do whatever we want with.
  • It is easy to create a new server.
  • Customer service is excellent.
  • I can configure my server exactly how I want to.
Linode is great for hosting servers large or small. It gives you ultimate flexibility. However I wouldn't recommend it if you don't have server experience, as it can be daunting to get things up and running.
No issues with customer support. They are always responsive and helpful when I need them.
Read Timothy Frede's full review
January 26, 2021
Claudio Moratti | TrustRadius Reviewer
We use Linode server for hosting services or as VPS for custom customer projects.
Recently I use Linode VPS for experiment new technologies or for learn more about k8s and docker deploy.
With high availability and high performance I found in Linode the perfect solution for VPS and hosting solution. Also the technical support is perfect, fast and precise.
  • Performance.
  • Technical support.
  • Cloud management tool.
  • K8s support.
  • Support for db as a service.
  • Let's encrypt support for load balancer.
  • Allow installation of dashboard directly on k8s cluster.
I recommend Linode to everyone looking for a good VPS service with high performance and characteristics.
For VPS and customer service deploy I think that Linode is the best service and also customers using this service after my hint.
I didn't recommend Linode only in case of I've space requirements, like Nas or file sharing.
Cause I found the support very kind and available to help me to resolve my issues in a professional way.
Read Claudio Moratti's full review
Will Singer | TrustRadius Reviewer
We use Linode to deploy customer-facing portals as well as for development and staging. I use managed services for production, and they are typically very quick to respond to issues when needed. I particularly like that I have a number I can call when there is a critical issue. We recently sold a product and moving several Linodes to a new account was unexpectedly easy.
  • Managed services respond quickly
  • Have phone number when needed
  • Moving Linodes is easy
  • I wish they offered a deeper level of managed services for maintenance
Great for small deployments or customer portals and development. I don't have experience with larger applications.
I wish Linode offered another tier of support so I didn't have to worry about updates, etc. and could answer questions about specific issues.
Read Will Singer's full review
February 25, 2021
All company infrastructure is cloud based, but for some particular developments and testing stages for some projects we required a "self managed server" in which we could install, test, deploy or manage every context of our web applications.
In that sense Linode is a perfect match, Linux servers, custom configuration, self managed, and a very attractive price tier. It does requiere some advanced command line Linux user expertise, but it worths every penny.
  • Very attractive price tier
  • Simple startup configuration
  • Excellent documentation
  • Impressive official support channel response timing
  • Extensive community
  • Backed up by open source solutions
  • Application deployment ala big vendor style
  • A Linode cli command line application would be mindblowing
  • Single click apps are not enough
  • Integration with Cloudflare DNS could be simpler
Linode is perfect if your team has certain Linux expertise, and if you require full control of your app deployments. NodeJS APIs or single page applications served through an NGINX proxy run flawlessly on a well configured Linode node, with an exceptional performance.
Linode may not be the best option if your organization development workflows are completely cloud based (eg AWS, Google Cloud, Heroku, or any Cloud Foundry flavor).
As Linode requires no fear of the command line, some users will feel that every task on these kind of servers is far more complicated that other alternatives.
The times I've required explicit support from Linode I've received a response in no more than 24 hours.
Considering our Linux expertise, and the type of applications we are hosting, it's good enough. Worst case there's always a community forum that can help in many ways.
Other important point to consider is that no organization will opt-in for a self managed server if it's not capable of self manage the server, and that includes somehow a level of technical support that may be required. From this point of view, Linode is more dev-friendly than management friendly.
February 04, 2021
We use Linode for almost all of our client projects. We build custom mobile software and use Linode as the backbone to power it all. We currently manage around 20 different projects with varying amounts of needs to power APIs, databases, load balancers, CDNs, and more, and Linode is able to handle it all with ease.
  • Easy to get started.
  • Fantastic customer support.
  • When things go wrong on their end, Linode takes responsibility by clearly communicating what happened, how they will fix it, and how they will prevent those issues from happening in the future.
  • Their DNS service is pretty unreliable, we routinely see brief periods where we're unable to connect.
  • Our customers always need to be educated about who Linode is (whereas they already come in knowing who AWS or Azure are).
  • While they have a decent selection of datacenters spread around the world, it would be nice to see options available.
Linode is great for spinning up projects of all shapes and sizes. We use it to power websites visited by nobody (except maybe our parents) and apps used by millions of people concurrently. Linode is able to take it all in stride. The only area it would be inappropriate is if your organization requires some other hosting provider, or if you aren't interested in managing a Linux box yourself.
Everyone has room for improvement, but Linode has always been rock solid. Whenever we've had outages that were not our fault, Linode communicates very effectively and quickly. They always let us know what happened, why it happened, and how they'll fix it so it doesn't happen in the future. When we have an issue for something that is our own fault, Linode support is gracious, kind, and very helpful. Also, their documentation and tutorials are insanely helpful.
January 26, 2021
We use Linode across the organization to support multiple sites, in conjunction with a physical host provider that we use for our legacy sites. We also use Linode when we need to get something up and running quickly, like when we need to test upgrades before deploying to production. With a few clicks we can get a staging server up and running and began testing.

The admin panel is quite easy to use (we use Plesk on our physical host provider), and the documentation is excellent. Billing is also clear, with no hidden fees. They also have an analytics panel to view your bandwidth usage.

If there is one major issue I found, it's that when I clone a production site to set up a staging site, I noticed MariaDB always gets corrupted. This is an easy fix by backing up the /var/lib/MySQL directory and then uninstalling and re-installing MariaDB, but it's an annoyance. I haven't gotten to the bottom of why this continues to happen.
  • Easy to use.
  • Quick.
  • Clear billing and usage stats.
  • Cloning production sites (always causes MariaDB corruption, requiring a re-install).
If you need to get a site up and running quickly, without wanting to deal with the hassle of setting up Linux from scratch, then Linode is the way to go.
Whenever we've had issues, I've always opened a ticket and the response has been pretty quick (15 minutes, at most). However, there was a hardware issue with the server we were on and Linode had to take it down for maintenance. It took around 6 hours to fully repair, but we suffered downtime for around 10 minutes.
January 25, 2021
Linode instance is used for VPN, ownCloud, and occasional service testing.
  • Simple billing
  • Excellent value
  • Clear guidance for setup of common use cases
  • Add on storage for all tiers.
  • Storage pricing based on upload/download usage.
  • Yubikey integration for additional security options.
For consistent or predictable loads the existing structure works well. The kubernetes clusters were a great addition that allowed for many more options. Rapidly scaled "serverless" process options would provide sufficient power to challenge GCP/AWS in many business cases. With the addition of database services, this would cover all my companies and clients GCP use cases.

The none-to-full service options are adequate. Combined with the excellent documentation, the none options is often viable.
January 25, 2021
I use Linode for a virtual private server (VPS) for a small independent internet hosting services business. I have also used Linode to provide VPS's for several clients that are departments within a county in the United States.
Linode provides options for independent self-managed VPS's that are affordable, reliable, and consistently well supported.
  • Tech support is excellent, quick response and knowledgeable.
  • Their various options for server horsepower and capacity are well thought out and good price points.
  • They do not continually try and upsell you - no barrage of unwanted advertising for unwanted/unneeded services. They give you what you want and don't push you to buy what you don't want or need.
  • Management interface is clean, mostly intuitive, covers all the aspects in an organized way.
  • I'd like to see more options for drive space size for a given Linode CPU and RAM combo. There is only one option at each price point. Adding drive space requires either upgrading the entire Linode, even if you don't need more CPU or RAM, or adding & managing separate drive volumes.
  • Honestly nothing else to add at this time, they have been great.
Well suited to scalable VPS needs where one wants to build out and manage one's own server. A Linode can be scaled up or down with a few clicks and typically minimal downtime. My case is a small hosting service for a handful or two of web clients, and a few of my own sites and related platforms (CRM, LMS, etc.).
Given that, you need to be, or have available, a system admin who can handle OS deployment, security, updates & maintenance, etc. on the Linode VPS. So this is not appropriate for someone who wants a commodity hosting end user UI (e.g. Plesk, cPanel, etc.) - unless you deploy those yourself on your Linode VPS.
About the best support I've had in any context online. Timely, knowledgeable, no effing bots that waste my time trying to answer the wrong question. If they make a mistake they own it, and make it good, though I can only recall one mistake ever with my account in 13 years, and it was a minor billing issue, nothing to do with the VPS itself. Their ticket system is clear and simple and just works.
January 25, 2021
We use Linode as qa/staging and production servers for the engineering department to support our products. It serves as a backend platform for all of our apps.
  • Easily to maintain
  • Price is awesome
  • Support is easily accessible
  • More datacenters across the globe, south america really needs one
  • Others OS flavors
  • More ips available
Honestly, [Linode] suits very well for every case I can think of. It can serve you a very cheap server very cheap and you can scale it later when needed. The only thing during scaling, there is a down time and possibly a migration that needs to happen but nothing that can't be manageable.
Every time I need their support is a pleasant experience. It doesn't matter the subject, they will try their best to help with less friction as possible.

What is Linode?

For cloud infrastructure, Linode offers Linux virtual machines and a set of tools to develop, deploy, and scale modern applications.

Linode states their belief that in order to accelerate innovation in the cloud, virtual computing must be more accessible, affordable, and simple. Their infrastructure-as-a-service platform is deployed across 11 global markets from global data centers and is supported by what they describe as a Next Generation Network, advanced APIs, comprehensive services, and a vast library of educational resources. Linode products, services, and people aim to enable developers and businesses to build, deploy, and scale applications more easily and cost-effectively in the cloud.

Linode Features

• Entry-level set up fee?Optional
1 Core$5.00Per Month
2 Cores$20.00Per Month
8 Cores$160.00Per Month

CPU, transfer, storage, and RAM bundled into one simple price. Increase storage capacity with additional Block Storage or S3-compatible Object Storage. Add instant Backups with complete independency to your stack. Ensure your applications and services are highly-available with Linode NodeBalancers. Deploy Kubernetes clusters with our fully-managed container orchestration engine.

Linode Support Options