Linode Reviews

March 31, 2021
Dave Warren | TrustRadius Reviewer
We were a small hosting company, all of our web servers and various other services were run on Linode's platform. Although I have largely exited the Webhosting industry, I still have half a dozen Linode servers hosting our internal applications, customer-facing website, and a few remaining customer sites. Even to this day, I run some public mirrors for a few open-source projects.
  • Pricing
  • Reliability
  • Hardware/Technical Support
  • S3-compatible storage expensive
  • Bandwidth Alliance membership is ambiguous at best
Linode is a self-managed platform, you get a VPS that you control, and you need to know what you're getting into. If you're comfortable as a system administrator then Linode is fantastic, but if you want a ready-to-go web host, Linode isn't your thing. But having true root access including the ability to deploy your own filesystem is amazing, and you aren't limited to what their backend tools want to offer.

I did have issues with jitter when trying to run our VoIP platform on Linode, but admittedly my office's internet provider is not well connected to where Linode's servers are located. We had similar issues [with] other VPS providers until we went to a VoIP-specific provider.

I wish they offered Windows Servers too, but I'm a minority there.
I've only logged a few tickets over the years, and nearly always had a good experience. Bugs logged against their control panel do get fixed, their support teams are knowledgeable, and if the answer is "No" or "Can't be done" they're upfront and just say so rather than rambling.

I don't dislike dealing with their support team, which is reasonably high praise. :)
Read Dave Warren's full review
March 30, 2021
Albert Mensah-Ansah | TrustRadius Reviewer
Linode is basically our provider for VPS solutions. Whenever we build a web application, we host it on Linode servers. It is used by the tech division of the organization. It basically takes our mind off the complexity of aws(ec-2 instances) and their not so transparent billing. I find Linode to be very simplified, clean and gets the job done with very transparent billing.
  • The documentation to get you started is very good. Detailed enough to get you off the ground and not too bulky to bog you down.
  • Pricing and Billing very clear and fair.
  • The Linode platform is not complicated. You are just shown what you need to see at any point in time.
  • I get a ton of emails about Linode server issues and because of the quantity of notifications, it's hard for me to sift through them to know what one is related to my server or which of them I should be concerned about.
  • I need a notification that tells me my server is not being used and it's one wasting money. I don't get that notification.
  • Apart from these two, I don't really have any cons for Linode. It's great for the things I do.
Linode is best suited when you are deploying a solution for a client and the client has no constraints concerning where it is deployed. The place where it is less appropriate is suggesting it to someone who is coming from an AWS background with a lot of buttons and knobs to turn.
I have not really interacted with the customer support so it is going to be hard for me judge the overall support for Linode. This form however makes it compulsory for me to fill so I’m going to assume the customer support is great.
Read Albert Mensah-Ansah's full review
March 23, 2021
Justin Ponce | TrustRadius Reviewer
I use Linode to spool up Linux environments for training, testing & development, and for hosting customer websites. Right now, my business might be small in comparison to others like it, so saying that we use Linode in one department or throughout the entire organization is one and the same. Speed and reliability are the two most important factors for customers we cater to and Linode helps us solve both of these quite well.
  • New dashboard has a clean, easy to navigate UI.
  • Support seems to be attentive, proactive, and fair.
  • Resources, such as support docs, are a nice touch and are mostly up-to-date.
  • IPv4 addresses given have been clean and pass spam blacklists.
  • SSH keys feature under 'My Profile' hasn't reached its potential, e.g. if you want to add more than one user to a machine during deployment.
  • A review of currently available support docs and updating them for the latest (stable) distros would be good.
I am very pleased with the service and hope to continue using them for the foreseeable future. Though I recommend them to others, it all comes down to use cases and what exactly the customer needs (and what they are aware they need). "Working in IT" is an ambiguous term and there can be a wide knowledge & skill gap between IT providers and customers. Because of this, I would only recommend Linode to those who are comfortable using the command line and have at least some knowledge of network layers and how they interact.
I haven't had a lot of support interactions with Linode's human staff, mostly because many of the issues have been handled without needing my intervention. I enjoy and appreciate the server maintenance notifications they send and the proactive security fixes so that I don't have to take much action (if any).
Read Justin Ponce's full review
March 18, 2021
Tiago Ameller Gomila | TrustRadius Reviewer
We started using Linode hosting services in 2017. Moving from DigitalOcean, our motivation at the beginning was just pricing. But after four years I can say reliability and professional service is key for remaining. We still have some servers running on a local data center, but have plans to move all of them to Linode in next months/years.
We use Linode's VPS for custom web services for all customers, which are small companies. For $5 to $20 at month, we can host a web application with some hundreds of users.
  • Administration panel is easy to use.
  • VPS is pretty fast, enough for our needs.
  • When a problem arises, they notify us and solve it in minutes.
  • Billing. I wish to have invoices in Euros.
  • Due to Brexit, we abandoned our London data center. I would like to have some other in Spain or France to balance our assets.
  • I would like to know more about how secure Linode's data centers are. We know literally nothing about these infrastructures.
For small web services or applications, you don't need the scalability of AWS, Azure or Google. With Linode you have no surprises in the monthly cost. Otherwise, if you need to scale fast or by season demands, you'll need to do a lot of work manually.
In fact, I've needed customer support in rare occasions. In those cases, service was pretty fast and adequate.
I love when I get notified something is wrong at 3:00 am and by 3:30 am it was resolved with no notice by me or my customers.
Read Tiago Ameller Gomila's full review
Harald Kubota | TrustRadius Reviewer
Linode runs for many years all of the infrastructure we need for our web pages and all our public Internet-facing applications. While over the year we used other providers in additions, none were better. It's nice to be able to provision VMs all over the globe, just like we can do with the usual cloud providers, and yet due to their scale, we still feel we get much better and much more personal support when needed.
  • Pricing and pricing structure.
  • API access and API documentation.
  • Simple yet effective UI.
  • Kubernetes offering.
  • I'd love to see managed DB capabilities offered.
  • NodeBalancers are surprisingly expensive compared to VMs.
  • VPC like GCP does (crossing sites).
If you need a VM, or some for running Kubernetes, Linode is my recommended place. You don't get all the bells and whistles the other larger cloud providers offer, but if you don't need those or you don't want those due to lock-in, then you get rock solid performance and great support here.
I only one issue with hardware failing. I got a nice email explaining the situation, what was done (moved my VM, restarted it).
Once predicted hardware failure was expected and again I got a nice email explaining the situation and what will be done, but I had the choice to change the timing if needed.
Once I had a question and it was answered within few hours. And it was not a "we received your email" type response, but the actual answer.
This is top level support. For a cloud provider, this is outstanding.
Linode is perfect for what it offers: The UI is a great start. Managing DNS is straightforward. The API is simple and well documented. Everything just works. The performance of the VMs is good and global coverage is more than sufficient for me. Private Layer 2 networking is the only feature I miss which would be really adding value.
Read Harald Kubota's full review
Praneeth Karnena | TrustRadius Reviewer
We are a small start-up. Hence cost matters to us a lot. Our primary requirement is to cut costs as much as possible. Hence we mostly used open-source technologies and implemented everything by ourselves. We are running everything on a single server. We did a test run on major cloud providers like AWS and GCP. Linode's price-to-performance ratio is much higher than both AWS & GCP. Also, as seen on the internet portals, folks at Linode are pure geeks and tech enthusiasts. They have built everything from the ground up. We loved that as geeks ourselves and our journey with Linode started.
  • Price-to-performance
  • Cost effective
  • Uptime
  • Support
  • Making the dashboard UI cleaner and simpler
  • Launching different and diverse services
  • Launching intranet-based security features
  • More granular control over user management
Linode is particularly well suited for start-ups. Also, for geeks and open-source developers. Linode is highly cost-effective. If you just floated a small company and looking to optimize costs, and have a bunch of geeks, then Linode is pure love for you! You get full control over the server and can build everything you can dream of.

On the other side of things, Linode does not provide a lot of services like other cloud providers like AWS and GCP. So, if you are a large business or a corporation, Linode might not always be the best fit for you. Linode lacks core services like Managed Databases, Firewalls, CDN, App Platforms and more.
While Linode does offer support, it is purely US-centric. The response is not very swift as well. Global customers from India, Europe and other Asian countries have a tough time reaching phone support.

Due to the timezone variations, if something goes badly wrong, then the user has to suffer grave losses. There's a whole room for improvement in the support.

But on the other hand, Linode's support personnel are very personal and geeky. They can do wonders and can fix things in a snap. You can rarely find this combination in other cloud providers.
Read Praneeth Karnena's full review
Rudolph Pereira | TrustRadius Reviewer
[Linode] is used by the Open Source development team for hosting Ningx, MySQL and PHP based web applications. Several websites have been publicly hosted.
  • Linode servers are easy to configure. It comes with a stable OS on which you can install exactly the services you need to install.
  • It is cheaper than other cloud VMs like AWS and Azure.
  • Performance of the VMs is good. You could host small apps on the smallest linode which costs $5 per month.
  • The blob storage should have pay for how much you use.
  • There should be a email service like there Simple Email Service in AWS
  • There should be option to scale down to save on costs in off seasons.
[Linode] is well suited for developer who have OS knowledge, can install software, services and configure them on their own.
It is not good for user who are not experienced in using the Linix CLI. Since there is not much UI to do such tasks. It does not have a UI for CI/CD
They responded in around 24 hours and their help was usefull. They helped me to understand the billing system when I had questions and also trigger the automated migration when I had to scale.
Read Rudolph Pereira's full review
David Ashman | TrustRadius Reviewer
I've been using Linode for the past eight years to run a website hosting a wiki for a mobile video game. I needed something reliable, scalable, and affordable for a non-commercial project. I was able to use Linode to run my own database, web server, and web application for less than it would have cost to use those same services individually through other providers. The storage and bandwidth allowances were also more generous than competing offers.
  • Maintenance communication
  • Free upgrades
  • Intuitive management interface
  • I've had zero complaints over the past eight years
Linode has been great for building and testing applications with the ability to easily scale it up as load increases. For a small company/developer/enthusiast, Linode is everything I want - affordable, powerful, easy to get started, and stable.
I've had a few small questions over the years that were always answered in less than 24 hours. Their support has also reached out proactively for maintenance related issues and scheduled downtimes.
Read David Ashman's full review
Marc Lewis | TrustRadius Reviewer
We are a consulting agency that provides custom software solutions for our clients that are predominantly web based. All of our customer facing services are deployed through Linode. This includes all of our project tracking systems, code repositories, client projects, and supporting systems. Linode allows us to use industry-standard platforms that allow us to focus on our client's needs instead of proprietary APIs.
  • Customer Service.
  • Documentation.
  • Competitive Pricing.
  • Transparency with any service issues.
  • Additional Cloud Storage Locations for faster access across datacenters.
  • Managed database services, either SQL or NoSQL.
  • NodeBalancers could be more robust/scalable.
  • A bit more consistency with their Kubernetes system with regard to node pools.
Linode has been excellent for bringing up quick projects to show clients, as well as providing the necessary infrastructure for production deployments. It does require a bit more technical knowledge for going beyond their Stack Scripts or Marketplace deployments, but that is also where their benefits are. They do not lock you in to doing things a particular way or use any overly proprietary APIs or systems. For my clients, the ability to move from one cloud provider to another quickly and easily is important, though Linode hasn't given any reason to want to switch providers yet.
It's rare that I've had to contact their support staff since their services have been extremely reliable. When I have had to contact their support, they have never failed to provide me with an acceptable answer to my inquiry. This includes some edge cases that weren't covered in any of their documentation -- the correct team was consulted and provided us with answers.

I also have not yet had a support ticket that wasn't responded to within an hour, even at night and on weekends.
Read Marc Lewis's full review
Chris Hodgetts | TrustRadius Reviewer
I use Lindode to service our DNS demands, Web Presence and Mail services. Being a small company we do not need the complexities or cost of Google or Office365. With the services we have from Linode, they are cost effective and put us in control of our own data, and allow us to scale up or down as our demands require. It is not a one-stop shop - it gives our IT independence and freedom back.
  • Uptime - in the 4 years I have been with Linode I have not noticed any unscheduled outages, and the scheduled ones I do remember, finished before they were scheduled to, and did not have any major impact on services
  • DNS - Linodes' management portal for DNS control is simple, easy to use and understand
  • Tech Support responsiveness - they have always been very good at responding to support tickets, and I have found their support staff to be very very helpful.
  • Datacenter Locations - they have their Data center locations in useful places around the world.
  • I would like to see a weekly or monthly Backup provided as part of the monthly fee.
  • Being able to scale drive space requirements a little better
  • I can't really think of a third one, honestly - they give you a Virtual Machine and allow you to do what you need to do on it, and at a reasonable price.
There are a few people around the office using Azure as their service providers for personal projects,
Every chance I get I tell them about Linode and their pricing structure, their products and their web controls. I even pull them back to my desk to show them how simple Linode is to setup, maintain and operate.
The three times I have had to use them they have been shining stars for Linode and the service they provide. They were not able to help with one of my requests. I managed to recover what I needed after an unsuccessful upgrade, but they did suggest a few ways to do it that, while ultimately they did not work, were helpful for future diagnosis. Their support staff - at no extra charge - is another positive for Linode.
Read Chris Hodgetts's full review
David Piccione | TrustRadius Reviewer
We host all of our software products on Linode servers. Out business creates custom software hosted on a cloud platform.
  • Self Directed Management
  • Uptime and reliability
  • Customer Service
  • More Data centres in our region (Canada - only has one)
If there was a need to purchase server hardware for any particular reason, I would recommend Linode instead in every case. Far more cost effective, robust, scalable and reliable than any directly supported piece of hardware. However, this does assume a reasonable level of technical experience.
Every interaction I've had with Linode Support has been positive, however those interactions are limited - I don't really need them too often!
Read David Piccione's full review
January 28, 2021
Erle Pereira, MBA (EntMgt) | TrustRadius Reviewer
We operate as a team of freelance professionals. Our specialisation is in Open Source and Linux technologies. Our range of projects can vary, from the mundane to the esoteric. These edge case projects leverage heavily on open source. Often they require a lot of flexibility from the underlying infrastructure platform. The nature of its offering allows us to adapt and evolve these solutions cost effectively. Excellent support, with an organisation that understands the nuances of Linux based solutions. This means we have to jump through fewer hoops. Linode is one of the primary hosting platforms for our online presence and infrastructure.
  • Excellent support, fast, detailed and service oriented.
  • Great flexibility in the platform for Linux based solutions, of whatever kind.
  • Ping times are fast, great global presence.
  • Regular platform updates and services, have allowed us to experiment with the latest tech.
  • Their online terminal shell to access the host via a web interface can act up (based on locale settings). We often use ssh direct instead.
  • Resource monitoring options are bare bones. Good for what it does, but need to use external, or self hosted solutions for detailed metrics as the infrastructure grows.
  • A trade off for the flexibility on offer, means less "easy" platform based security locks. Example, our clients sometimes ask about port blocks. Here, customized blocks are your responsibility which some cloud users take time adjusting too. It's not really a con though, many actually prefer it, including us.
There is no overhead of needing to learn an abstract interface to use their offering. If you know how to handle Linux boxes, you can use Linode. The value of this is often overlooked by many. Startups, those looking to push the envelope and roll up their sleeves to gain a competitive edge will benefit.

To put it simply, if you want to have complete control over your Linux servers on a fast reliable network, Linode is a must look at. No matter how simple your application is, your operations and admin teams will appreciate the flexibility of being able to control things at the base layers. Subsequently, your organisation will benefit.
The service has been reliable, and bordering on proactive instead of reactive. In a few cases support was needed, it was timely and effective. Stress free, which is what I am really after.
Read Erle Pereira, MBA (EntMgt)'s full review
March 30, 2021
Boon Eam Lim | TrustRadius Reviewer
We are using Linode in many areas including company's staging/development server, email/web server, DNS, application server and email server/gateway, web server for customers. It's being used by the whole organization.
  • Predictable monthly cost (easy to plan and control).
  • Intuitive work flow and console (no/little learning curve).
  • Provide variants of Linux flavors (best choice for those using less popular distro).
  • The only IaaS that provide Gentoo distro out of the box (as far as I know).
  • Good customer services, friendly and polite (far better than the top 3 IaaS providers as of 2021).
  • Network performance. This is the only problem we're facing in Linode, not all nodes will faced the issue, but some nodes. In short, it's nearly 20% will be facing network performance issue in certain areas.
  • Price in additional storage ($0.10/GB) is too high compare to others.
Development wise: Very suitable for those using less popular Linux distro. Suitable for testing/staging server.
Organization wise: Very suitable for organization's email/web/application server.
Customer wise: Very suitable to sell your SaaS as dedicated node to customer that may consume unpredictable outbound traffic.
Less suitable for connectivity-critical application especially in development countries (countries that lack of decent network infra).
Great customer service, helpful, friendly and polite!!
Read Boon Eam Lim's full review
March 26, 2021
Alan Dingeldein | TrustRadius Reviewer
We are currently using a Linode to host an Ignition instance. It is used by several controls engineers. We are able to avoid the expense of having hardware in our facility to maintain and cool and Linodes just work.
  • Uptime.
  • Network speed.
  • Number of available distros.
  • Can't think of anything.
If you need a server with excellent bandwidth and availability Linode is the way to go. I suppose that if someone needs a Windows deployment that there may be better options. However, there may be Windows deployments offered. I've just never used or looked for one.
Always friendly and quick to respond. I've never had an issue other than expired credit cards, but I'm sure any issue would be handled professionally and expeditiously.
Read Alan Dingeldein's full review
March 19, 2021
Juan Manuel Acuna | TrustRadius Reviewer
We use Linode throughout our organization, and we continually implement it as a solution for our customers. We use Linode both for our development infrastructure and to provide services to our clients. Using Linode gives us peace of mind, knowing that we can grow without worrying about the cost of purchasing new hardware.
  • Technical support is great. Their response is clear, fast, and efficient.
  • Their hardware is always up to date.
  • Their documentation is very good.
  • It would be great if they had technical support in languages other than English
Every time I have a client who needs a very reliable service at a good price, I always recommend Linode.
Email technical support responds really fast, and they are always looking for a way to fix problems, often providing several possible solutions. Currently, I am very satisfied with the support they provide.
Read Juan Manuel Acuna's full review
Richard Irwin | TrustRadius Reviewer
Used for both own company web sites and for meeting clients needs supporting web their presence. Very easy and quick to deploy with many out-of-the-box options for deploying operating systems and fully configured packages. Appears to be very secure and very reliable. Much simpler to use than bigger named competitors.
  • Easy of use.
  • Package deployment.
  • Reliability.
  • Security.
  • More frequent backup options would be useful.
  • Incremental backup schedules.
  • Larger disks on standard Linodes for media heavy, low processing environments.
Very well suited for website deployment. Have not found any weaknesses. Don't think I have ever called support.
Never had to use support. Everything is straightforward .
Read Richard Irwin's full review
Moshe Katz | TrustRadius Reviewer
We use Linode across our organization to host our web applications that provide free recorded audio lectures. We wanted a platform that would give us the ability to completely manage our instances as we want them, that would not limit what technologies we use, and, most importantly, that did not oversell their hardware capacity. After trying several other providers that failed to meet our needs in various ways, we found Linode, and we have been happy customers for over a decade.
  • Uncomplicated pricing.
  • Great performance.
  • Great reliability.
  • Easy-to-read documentation.
  • It would be nice to have a border firewall and have easier private communication between instances.
Linode is well-suited to almost any situation that needs virtual Linux servers with great performance.
The only scenario in which I do not use Linode is for storage of large amounts of data, such as audio/video recordings.
If you need several machines to communicate privately among themselves, it might be easier to implement that on some other platforms.
We've had a number of times that we've gotten truly stellar support from Linode, but unfortunately there have also been times that they really dropped the ball. Overall, I'm happy to say that the bad times have been few and far between, but there is still some room for improvement there.
Read Moshe Katz's full review
Matt Hackmann | TrustRadius Reviewer
I use Linode to host multiple websites and microservices used by those websites. It's given me the flexibility to easily change how my software is architected as those websites continue to evolve and scale, going from a monolithic app LAMP stack, to one that's gone to a multi-server microservices based architecture. But, at the same time, I can still host multiple other basic websites as I see fit and stand up new ones with ease.
  • Ultimate flexibility my giving me a cloud connected Linux computer.
  • Very simple to stand up new services (nodes, balancers, DNS, etc.).
  • Insanely good documentation for a variety of things that extends even beyond doing things on Linode.
  • Fremont is definitely more stable than it had been, but still has its blips.
  • Admin integration with letsencrypt SSL for balancers would be awesome.
  • As far as I'm aware, you still can't run geotargeted balancers across different server domains (I can't make a Linode CDN).
Linode has given me a decade of great services as I've grown my little hobbyist website into several websites of varying complexity. And they're somehow still priced very competitively to the bigs like AWS and Azure, especially with regards to data transfer. If you have a small to medium sized need for vanilla servers connected to the internet by a company that'll manage the hardware stuff, you really can't go wrong with Linode.
I haven't needed to actually contact Linode support, but they're always very communicative about things such as upcoming maintenance or outage situations.
Read Matt Hackmann's full review
Shane Bill | TrustRadius Reviewer
We use Linode as a means for developing various client services through Nginx, Mysql, and PHP base applications.
  • Linode servers are easy to configure.
  • Easy to expand and decrease without much trouble.
  • Overall performance is great on VM machines, and easy to spin off clones.
  • Great support.
  • Intuitive backend interface.
  • Servers maintaining email services tend to regularly get blacklisted, which makes me wonder what kind of vetting and/or response they do to spam-based applications on other VMs.
  • Overall, amazing servers although recently they have had serious repeated issues with US sites which is frustrating.
  • Additional locations in Canada would be ideal.
Linode is an amazing system for quickly creating a VM, and then deploying the various tools within that virtual machine. There are lots of flavours that you can install for OSs. It is extremely powerful, affordable, and scalable as you need. I can see this working for many different types of company sizes, and infrastructure needs.

In terms of hosting mail servers there does seem to be issues in terms of their nodes being blacklisted frequently. I don't know if this is common but it would be extremely helpful to provide specific VM space that has a zero tolerance for spamming which would help those of us receive higher rankings.
Their customer support is honestly the best that I have seen. Sometimes even if my issue isn't 100% related, even I think it's an issue with the service, they are willing to help just a bit to get me to a positive solution. They are responsive in a timely manner and aim to ensure that you are able to continue working!
Read Shane Bill's full review
Mike Collins | TrustRadius Reviewer
I created a website for managing operations for a karate studio. I used Linode for hosting the web and database.
  • When I started searching for a hosting provider to replace what I was using at Yahoo, I looked for someone who was inexpensive and offered web and database software. Linode was selected as it met these objectives.
  • Since I started with Linode, the UI and services provided have become more beneficial. I have used DNS, backup and the scripting for provisioning new servers.
  • As time went on, my need to provide the service to my client diminished and I wanted to maintain a small footprint, ideally with a low cost backup so I could easily spin up the resources if I needed them in the future. This wasn't as cheap or easy as I wanted.
For simple low cost website hosting, Linode is a great option to consider. AWS is an alternative, but I find it overwhelming to the average small system developer/owner.
I've asked for and received help a few times and had no issues with the service received.
Read Mike Collins's full review
Phillip Clapham | TrustRadius Reviewer
I use Linode to run my own LAMP servers to serve my client's WordPress sites. I choose Linode because it is the perfect balance between cost, performance, and the features I'm looking for. Even after using them for several years now I feel no need to look for a new service as they continue to impress me year after year.
  • Their pricing is more fair and logical than their competitors.
  • They have some of the fastest data centers I've used.
  • Their build tools are my favorite among their competition.
  • They lack Windows based servers.
  • They lack more advanced features.
  • Some of their current features tend to be shallow.
It is the perfect choice for small developers like myself to host CMS and similar systems in a cost effective environment. The cost is low and predictable enough as well that you can experiment with new tech stacks with more confidence than you can with places like AWS where billing can quickly get out of control.
Linode has had the most consistently easy to work with customer service of all the cloud providers. You can pretty much always count on a quick response from them and their reps tend to be more knowledgeable than competing reps as well. Plus their support guides are some of the best in the business.
Read Phillip Clapham's full review
Michael Babcock | TrustRadius Reviewer
Our current use case is running a mail server for several of our domains. We've also used Linode to spin up test servers for various applications, to see if they are worth pursuing for our own internal use or as recommendations for current and future clients.
  • Fast and reliable access
  • Awesome technical support that is knowledgeable and fast to respond
  • Amazing price points for the quality and quantity of service offered
  • Honestly can not think of any cons to the services offered that we've taken advantage of.
A huge variety of preconfigured setups are available, multiple operating systems and applications, great tutorials and knowledgeable support staff. The only downside I can see is if you just do not require/need/want a presence in the cloud.
The few times that I've had to contact support, they have responded immediately and have been able to resolve the issue within a very reasonable time frame without impacting operations.
Read Michael Babcock's full review
Joseph Brower | TrustRadius Reviewer
We have used Linode for our own, and our client's hosting of game servers, websites, and static content. Recently, we integrated with Forge for automated provisioning and the integration has worked well. Without Linode, we would be needing to use other providers that don't fit our preferred billing methodology and would lack the predictability that we and our clients need.
  • Servers are fast.
  • Scaling is quick.
  • Support is responsive.
  • API is flexible allowing for nice integrations.
  • Internal networking is difficult. Private network is not as private as we would like.
  • Some features require enabling for all servers, instead of just a few.
Hosting a web server or game server is easy and affordable.
They have always been super quick to answer my questions and very helpful at pointing me to resources when things fall out of scope and those resources have actually been useful. I've not needed to use their support much, but when I have needed support, they have been there.
Read Joseph Brower's full review
Ryan Hoyt | TrustRadius Reviewer
We use Linode to offer fast, reliable hosting to our clients. It allows us the flexibility of a standalone server while adding features such as backups, DNS records, cloning, and other server-side management. Our organization has adopted a workflow to incorporate Linode with other server management tools to allow us flexibility and automation in hosting while maintaining full control of our clients' hosting.
  • Launching and changing servers.
  • Virtual private servers.
  • Quick hosting setup.
  • It would be nice if they had Wordpress functionality out of the box or related tools.
Great drive partitioning, private server setup, static IP, and customisability. You won't be sorry using Linode as a hosting solution but make sure you are IT savvy or have a server-side developer or tech person that can work with you if you aren't familiar with servers and web hosting.
Customer support is great with Linode. The only reason I don't rate it higher is that most of the issues we run into simply require a wider knowledge beyond just their product such as integrated solutions and other issues that require an IT specialist or server-side developer.
Read Ryan Hoyt's full review
Shyju Kanaprath | TrustRadius Reviewer
Linode is used by our organization. Our ERP is hosted there. We use it host software for our clients. Our website runs on it. It is cost-effective and powerful. We store our custom images in Linode at no cost which makes deployment much easier and faster. A simple and uncluttered interface makes it stand out from the other cloud hosting provider.
  • Simple
  • Powerful
  • Scale
  • Automate
  • DNS & networking
  • Apps
Dedicated websites. ERP hosting.
I have contacted them few times, the response was instant and solved the issues very fast.
Read Shyju Kanaprath's full review

What is Linode?

For cloud infrastructure, Linode offers Linux virtual machines and a set of tools to develop, deploy, and scale modern applications.

Linode states their belief that in order to accelerate innovation in the cloud, virtual computing must be more accessible, affordable, and simple. Their infrastructure-as-a-service platform is deployed across 11 global markets from global data centers and is supported by what they describe as a Next Generation Network, advanced APIs, comprehensive services, and a vast library of educational resources. Linode products, services, and people aim to enable developers and businesses to build, deploy, and scale applications more easily and cost-effectively in the cloud.

Linode Features

• Entry-level set up fee?Optional
1 Core$5.00Per Month
2 Cores$20.00Per Month
8 Cores$160.00Per Month

CPU, transfer, storage, and RAM bundled into one simple price. Increase storage capacity with additional Block Storage or S3-compatible Object Storage. Add instant Backups with complete independency to your stack. Ensure your applications and services are highly-available with Linode NodeBalancers. Deploy Kubernetes clusters with our fully-managed container orchestration engine.

Linode Support Options