Overall Satisfaction with Cornerstone OnDemand
At Jeppesen, we use Cornerstone for our external customers as the learning management system, LMS. Our customers purchase our online courses and take the courses using Cornerstone. Their instructors are able to track their progress as they move through the course. Once the student completes the course, they receive either a Completion Certificate or an Endorsement Certificate. This Cornerstone system allows a student's instructor to monitor the student's time in course as well as pinpoint what areas the student might need more attention.
- Cornerstone provides ease of use. This system is intuitive. We didn't have a need to train our external customers on how to navigate through CSOD. Big plus for considering CSOD over other platforms.
- Once I create accounts for customers, the system will automatically send the student their login credentials as well as what course they are now enrolled in. This is a huge time saver for me as the system administrator.
- There are some Admin functions that really need improvement. Another example of this is the ability to mass update files or records.
- I have a need to remove training from a customer's transcript... on a weekly basis, even multiple times a week for several students at a time. It is a painstaking and time consuming task to remove training right now. This is a function that would seem to an easy task to do but it isn't. There are times when it takes me an hour to remove a course from a customer's transcript.
- We utilize Group and Proxy Enrollment features. Currently, CSOD doesn't recognize Daylight Savings Time. Because of this, during DST, my customers have to wait until 11:00pm to receive access to the course they purchased earlier that day, versus receiving access to their purchased course at 10:00pm. This extra hour is a disservice to our customers.
- Since switching over to CSOD, our technical service help desk (which operates 24/7) has received significantly fewer tech support calls for our offered online courses.
- EKP and Gen21
We migrated from EKP to CSOD. We had a brief stint with Gen21 but found their reporting options wouldn't provide our customers with ease of use. CSOD was chosen for several reasons, however, ease of use for the company Admin and external customers was a HUGE factor. It has a straightforward interface and is intuitive to navigate through.