Overall Satisfaction with Cornerstone OnDemand
Up until 3 years ago, my company never had a formal training function or department. Training was delivered piecemeal and oftentimes as an afterthought. After there was a case made to the C-level, a training unit was established. One of the first goals of my team was to select, implement and launch a learning management system.
Enter Cornerstone OnDemand. We selected Cornerstone as a sister company has used their Learning module for over 5 years now. We rolled it out to our users to deliver, administrate and track training. We’ve been live to our user base for 2 months now. It’s been a godsend for our users as they’re able to go to one central location and take training. Our management teams love it as well, as it gives them a bigger picture of how their employees are doing on goals that are given to them.
- The end user interface is streamlined and straightforward.
- The search functionality is extremely powerful and intuitive. Users are able to quickly locate training resources.
- The reporting capabilities for managers and administrators are easy to use and allow you to pinpoint exact details you need.
- Cornerstone allows you to structure your product to model organization needs; we have 14 divisions based upon our subsidiaries.
- Cornerstone hosts user groups quarterly so that you can learn best practices from others. This has been extremely helpful.
- Cornerstone's client success center really helps troubleshoot your own issues before you have to contact support.
- The administrator interface is not at all intuitive. It takes many hours to fully comprehend how to function as an admin.
- The ingestion of users from your HRIS or Active Directory is difficult and time consuming. It took us 8 months to figure out the intricacies of how users are ingested into the system.
- While most of the support team is nice and friendly, I've come across a few that were condescending and rude. Also, if you want immediate answers, you must call. It seems that their email help team takes a long time to respond.
- Cornerstone has already helped us deliver training from two major projects to our user base. In order to remain in compliance and avoid SOX violations, we used Cornerstone to distribute mandatory training to our users as well. The reporting capability is powerful and easy to use and allowed us to easily track our users' progress.
- Cornerstone is not cheap. However, the travel costs the training team will save from moving from instructor-led training to eLearning modules are projected to be huge.
- Users are becoming more apt to take eLearning modules. The median age at my company is 47, so we have had some resistance to change from instructor-led training to eLearning. However, they now understand that they have resources available to them 24/7, which has been a huge win to them.
- Halogen Software