Overall Satisfaction with CrowdCompass
My organization uses CrowdCompass alongside Cvent as our tool for event apps. Prior to the current pandemic, we would make apps regularly to go alongside any of our travel programs. Once global travel opens up again and things start to go back to normal, I have every intention of continuing to use the tool to support our travel events.
- Allows for easily built event apps
- Integrates with Cvent to make it easy to manage your event attendees
- Allows you to send out targeted notifications in case of schedule and location changes
- Is available in app stores to download with an attendee hub so you don't have to worry about review times for app launches
- I would like to see even better integration with Cvent to allow for more content to be shared and not just attendee information
- The app is available in the Apple and Android stores but must be used as a web-based solution for Windows and Google phones
- I would like a little more flexibility in some of the way you can build within the app
- CrowdCompass has helped us stay on the forefront of event technology
- CrowdCompass has saved us money by allowing us to easily communicate changes and eliminate the need for costly fixes when things fall apart onsite
- Using CrowdCompass has helped my organization significantly reduce our environmental impact by eliminating the need for paper agendas, reminders, departure notices, etc.
It has been a while since I have used a tool other than CrowdCompass for app builds. However, when I did previously use a variety of tools, I often felt that CrowdCompass had better functionality and integration opportunities than the other tools. Attendee management and sending out push notifications always seemed so simple with CrowdCompass but not always so with some of the other options.
Do you think CrowdCompass delivers good value for the price?
Are you happy with CrowdCompass's feature set?
Did CrowdCompass live up to sales and marketing promises?
I wasn't involved with the selection/purchase process
Did implementation of CrowdCompass go as expected?
I wasn't involved with the implementation phase
Would you buy CrowdCompass again?
CrowdCompass is great for events where you have large crowds and need to be able to communicate to the group quickly. The apps are also great to help those attendees network with one another and find sessions or activity locations using the map function. Almost everyone has a smartphone these days and attendees expect to have an engaging experience. Apps allow you to send push notifications welcoming your guests, reminding them of important functions, and helping to take a pulse on all of your attendees.