- Easy and fantastic interface for users to be able to learn quickly and easily
- Offers a number of features to utilize as well as to sell for sponsorships
- Integrates very well with Cvent Event Management solution
- It could be a little more customizable
- There are some limitations as far as what content can be incorporated
- There could be a better, more efficient way to "mass upload" data for things such as filtered lists, etc.
- Attendee List information
- Customized schedules, i.e air, activities, business sessions
- Easy to navigate
- Various look and feel options
- Syncs all registration info done in Cvent pretty fast
- Simple to use push notifications
- Currently it doesn't have the option to duplicate events, which would be amazing and time saving too
- Having to create groups every time I want to makes sessions customized to registration type
- More design templates
We have our own branded instance of CrowdCompass, called "Siemens Meetings and Conferences." All of our events are held within a consistent app platform. Downloading the app and loading of each event's info is easy and works across platforms with native OS versions and even an html5 browser-based version.
The functionality is excellent - general schedule, personalized schedules, built-in gamification, the ability to create custom content and the option to lock any/all of it to specific groups.
- We can choose to make an event hidden and only allow account creation by a curated list of attendees. CrowdCompass includes dual-authentication account creation.
- We have our own branded instance of CrowdCompass, called "Siemens Meetings and Conferences." All of our events are held within a consistent app platform. Download of the app and loading of each event's info is easy and works across platforms with native OS versions and even an html5 browser-based version.
- The functionality is excellent - general schedule, personalized schedules, built-in gamification, the ability to create custom content and the option to lock any/all of it to specific groups.
- I have used the gamification to create custom challenges to work with the location of the event and with our custom theme/tagline.
- Push notifications are very easy and a useful feature of CrowdCompass. The CrowdPlanner app also allows admins to send on-the-fly push notifications right from their phones.
- It would be useful to be able to release parts of the gamification (challenges) at specific times and dates. At the moment it is an all or nothing option.
- Attendees get sound and lock screen push notifications, but CrowdCompass needs to add this kind of mobile phone notification capability to its in-app messaging feature.
For trade shows, conferences, and even smaller meetings and events, you can put everything an attendee needs at their fingertips while making it easy for them to navigate your event, connect and meet with each other, and enjoy increased engagement via gamificiation, Live Polls, and Live Q&A.
- Ease of use for the planner. CrowdCompass is an app that allows our onsite event managers to quickly and easily make changes to the agenda times and locations or send push notifications/alerts to attendees.
- Ease of use for the attendee. User error is minimal with CrowdCompass. Download instructions are simple and clear. The use of icons within the app makes for a simple user experience.
- Customer support. Our CrowdCompass support team has been phenomenal! They're always able to assist with any questions or with helping us find new ways to make our experience even more positive.
- Adding sessions to the app from Cvent. Sometimes adding/changing sessions in Cvent takes a little extra time. It would be nice to be able to add sessions or update sessions within Crowd Compass without having to worry about integration points deleting those changes.
- Overall, how everything is tied together. In the back end (which is very user-friendly), you can connect sessions to speakers to rooms to exhibit booths, etc.
- Easy user interface. I was a previous CrowdCompass customer and left for another app. I came back the following year. It is such an easy interface, even for people who are not very techy (I am very techy!). It gave me a level of comfort knowing that if my staff needed to assist me in the back end, they wouldn't break anything. :)
- Customer service! Unlike the previous app we used one year, which only had tech support for west coast business hours (we are eastern time), Cvent CrowdCompass tech support is pretty much 24/7, and they have great tutorials and forums as well. Help is never far away.
- Customization! You probably won't need it, but it can be customized beyond all the great "standard customization".
- Pricing is my biggest concern because they can be higher-priced than their competitors. Negotiate as best you can, and if you still can't afford it, there are a couple of other apps out there that are good second choices. However, after using 3 or 4 different apps, CrowdCompass is honestly the best.
- I would really like to see them not nickel and dime customers on pricing - so many things within Cvent are an add-on, such as Lead Capture. It would be such a great thing to include, as well as gamification.
- I love how easy it is to design and customize. We are able to customize from the theme of the app, to the survey questions, poll questions, push notifications and content within the app.
- I was also a huge fan of the fact we were able to link web based content to different icons within the app home screen.
- I love how we can easily set up Kiosk Checkins with iPads & portable printers so our attendees can self check in and print their name badges on site.
- I think some of the functionality, like being able to register for a session and have it compute in the system, is one thing that CrowdCompass can build on. Our conference offers "One on One" training sessions, and it makes it difficult that it will show up on the agenda, but people cannot register.
- I also wish there was a way speakers could see have an agenda view that only shows their own personal Agenda... and even see what attendees are attending each session of theirs.
- I also wish there was a way for speakers / admins to receive a push notification if an attendee cancels a session or registers for a new session.
- CrowdCompass gives a personalized schedule.
- Customer support is excellent.
- Creating content and pages is extremely easy.
- I wish there was more room for themes and colors.
- I would like to see some more features: similar to a social wall or other ways to make the apps more fun.
- Network efficiently
- Green technology
- Push notifications
- Tons of functionality
- Very easy to use for both the developer and the end user
- Very reliable product
- A search function on the main home page of the mobile app would help attendees find the icon with the info they need
- Create session waitlist function
- Improve session enrollment function
Review: "If you're using Cvent, going with CrowdCompass as your mobile event app solution is a NO-BRAINER!"
- The app is easy to build on the back end and integrates seamlessly with Cvent, thus eliminating half the work of loading content into two platforms. Less work equals happier event planners!
- The app provides comprehensive usage metrics on demand, so we can actually see which sessions are the most engaging and adjust the sessions or make improvements real-time for those sessions with lower engagement levels.
- We are able to completely brand the mobile app "shell" to our company branding guidelines. It makes our company appear more professional and trustworthy.
- Our event attendees love the notifications feature! It allows us to seamlessly communicate with our event attendees about updated agenda session times, meeting locations, giveaways, wireless internet info, etc. even if we are not onsite.
- We have an account manager who assisted with setting the app up for us, which was easy enough, but after that, it seemed like we were on our own to learn it. Although it is intuitive, access to basic training seemed limited in our case.
- We hired Cvent Creative Services to create a new template for our reg sites, invitations, etc and that process was not only pricey, but deadlines were missed and it seemed as if there was just a lack of communication and our vision was lost in translation at times. We were very disappointed with that process.
- Schedule, tracks, sessions. It makes it easy to locate sessions that are of interest.
- Attendee management. The ability to add attendees to groups in order to target sessions or communications. Also, the ability for attendees to connect with each other.
- Push notifications. Because they work well.
- The ability for attendees or invitees to use the app to register for the event
- The ability for attendees to register for sessions. Not just add it to their schedule, but to have attendance limits and to require people to actually register and have a waitlist.
Where you want to minimize the use of paper schedules
- Digital = less paper and up-to-date.
- Secure = no leaving sensitive info on the table to be picked up by the wrong person
- Interactive = polling and feedback in real time allows attendees to feel more involved and their voices are heard.
- Analytics are lacking. Improving year over year is tough when you can't see what info attendees really enjoyed.
- The ease and simplicity of the interface of CrowdCompass really sold itself for our team. I am constantly in databases, and it is incredibly refreshing to have a user friendly interface to learn and navigate the system.
- We chose to use CrowdCompass over many other apps that are out because of the integration with our event management system with Cvent. This was a huge perk when selecting an event app for our conferences.
- As great as CrowdCompass is currently, I feel that there are always room for improvement for technology. A few of our conferences have silent auctions and it would be great to have this in the app for our attendees to have an online bidding capability.
- The app is easy to navigate and set up so it does not require a lot of time and training to implement.
- Includes all of the features you need such as live polling, live Q&A, surveys, gamification, attendee messaging and contact sharing, etc., which has had a significant effect on attendee engagement at our flagship events.
- As a leader in the events industry, Cvent is always introducing new updates and features to stay up to date with the latest technology and trends in the market.
- It is fairly expensive and you pay per event so it isn’t feasible for us to be able to use at our smaller scale events.
- Login process can be a little confusing and requires several steps but they have made improvements to this process.
- Uses an API integration with your event data in Cvent to pre-populate information about sessions, agenda, locations, speakers, etc, into the mobile app
- Provides a secure platform for attendee networking
- Allows for live polling in sessions with results available to presenters for display immediately
- I honestly think that there are no serious issues or limitations with this product. I genuinely love using it.
- Love that it provides each attendees air travel and hotel information so attendees can have all of their important information in one place
- Push notifications are great to get out information quickly to attendees. Have not had any issues with them not working as I did in the past with other mobile apps.
- The map feature where you can drop pins to show where events are throughout your trip is great. And it can be accessed from a session or just by looking at the map and clicking pins directyl.
- I believe the setup can be a bit cumbersome at times.
The Lincoln Financial Group Conference & Event Department provides enterprise meeting management support for internal and external events and meetings across the business enterprise made up of 12,000 employees located throughout the country.
CrowdCompass provided a tremendous value while seamlessly integrating with our existing Cvent SMM (Attendees, Sessions & Speakers). This provided the ability to see updates and make changes in real time from one solution to the other with the two-way integration. The time savings from that alone has proven invaluable.
- Seamless two way API integration with Cvent allowing you to integrate attendees, sessions, speakers, and groups saving you valuable time.
- User-friendly design and easy two-step download process.
- Continually enhancing features to stay on the cutting edge of technology. (Native Polling, Live Polling, Appointment, Lead Capture, hotel & travel integration, beacons, networking, social wall, etc).
- Better HTML editor. Can be cumbersome to get the formatting perfect.
- Allow headshots to be included in API integration
- Have to add the ability to host videos on the Amazon 3 server
We typically used CrowdCompass for programs 150 - 800 people where they are taken place on larger properties that have a lot of content, breakout heavy, exhibitors, require technology like live polling, etc.
We also have used for programs 50 or less that are high profile or where there is a need to locked down content for different groups of people.
- We use Cvent as our registration management software and their integration with CrowdCompass makes it an unbeatable partnership. Attendees are able to sync and manage their agenda from registration on their mobile app.
- Push notifications, live Q&A, and a seamless build experience all make for a great product and easy implementation.
- CrowdCompass is continually gathering user feedback to evolve and better the product.
If you manage several, small events with a minimal program, no sponsors and a short duration - you likely won't realize the true value of this product.
- It's very easy to use. Simple interface.
- Providing the integration with Cvent makes it even better. Less work for both myself and the Events team as the information from Cvent flows into CrowdCompass (with minimal setup).
- Getting help/support is available in multiple ways. I don't need as much support anymore, but I can usually find an answer to my question using their Help section or a quick response from the support team.
- More ways to customize it (background options, icons, etc.).
- More features on the backend/management app so I can make changes from my phone without running to my computer.
- Ability to copy over floor plans with room selections. We had an event in the same location two years in a row using the same rooms, and I had to redo the floor plans with the rooms selected.
CrowdCompass Scorecard Summary
CrowdCompass Technical Details