CrowdCompass Reviews

TrustRadius Top Rated for 2021

January 14, 2021
Blu Nordgren | TrustRadius Reviewer
CrowdCompass was used as THE main way for our annual users meeting attendees to access event information before and during the event. It contained our meeting agenda, maps of the hotel, exhibitor information, links to nearby attractions, games for the attendees to engage with throughout the event, and more! On the backend, I was the only person who had used CrowdCompass before so I became the expert on the product by default. I built out the entire event app for our user's meeting and then showed my two closest team members how to use the most important on-site portions of it so that they could assist attendees. CrowdCompass made it possible for us to ditch the massive amounts of paper that had traditionally been used during our annual meeting. And I'm not just talking agendas. The biggest paper saver was the ability to connect our user's manual to the app so that people could view it electronically. It would normally have been printed; think 100+ pages for all 200 to 300 participants.
  • Fantastic customer assistance. Always on time, and willing to help.
  • Easy to use platform. I was able to create events by myself after the first time (during which a CS rep walked me through all the steps).
  • Easy for attendees to use, though a select group did need some extra assistance.
  • Easy to make the attendee-facing side look really sleek and well-designed because of easy to use tools.
  • I always wished that the feedback collected through the session listings in the app would link back to Cvent and the Cvent certificate tool so that people could have been given their certificates of completion immediately after submitting their session feedback. That was the one area that I time and again wished would be improved upon. For every event that I used CrowdCompass for (and it was a total of about 6 events with two different companies), I had to do some creative workarounds. I want to say that CrowdCompass's CS team was VERY helpful with this though.
CrowdCompass was the best part of Cvent each time I used it, from the ease of use to the customer service and handholding. I would recommend it for anyone using Cvent Event Management for an in-person event. I know Cvent just rolled out their virtual event hub though, so for virtual and hybrid events that are employing the Cvent family of tools, I would probably say CrowdCompass is unnecessary.
Read Blu Nordgren's full review
January 06, 2021
Marissa Wagoner | TrustRadius Reviewer
My organization uses CrowdCompass alongside Cvent as our tool for event apps. Prior to the current pandemic, we would make apps regularly to go alongside any of our travel programs. Once global travel opens up again and things start to go back to normal, I have every intention of continuing to use the tool to support our travel events.
  • Allows for easily built event apps
  • Integrates with Cvent to make it easy to manage your event attendees
  • Allows you to send out targeted notifications in case of schedule and location changes
  • Is available in app stores to download with an attendee hub so you don't have to worry about review times for app launches
  • I would like to see even better integration with Cvent to allow for more content to be shared and not just attendee information
  • The app is available in the Apple and Android stores but must be used as a web-based solution for Windows and Google phones
  • I would like a little more flexibility in some of the way you can build within the app
CrowdCompass is great for events where you have large crowds and need to be able to communicate to the group quickly. The apps are also great to help those attendees network with one another and find sessions or activity locations using the map function. Almost everyone has a smartphone these days and attendees expect to have an engaging experience. Apps allow you to send push notifications welcoming your guests, reminding them of important functions, and helping to take a pulse on all of your attendees.
Read Marissa Wagoner's full review
November 16, 2020
Michelle Curtis | TrustRadius Reviewer
We use CrowdCompass for our internal events. Most of these events are US based. The mobile technology helps us communicate with attendees in real-time when on-site for an event. It also helps us deliver content on the go.
  • Push notifications and communication.
  • Agenda management.
  • Gamification.
  • Limited home screen display options.
  • Limited icon packs for content links.
CrowdCompass is great for our internal events of over 50 people. It helps us communicate with attendees when they are not all in the same place. We would likely not use the mobile app for small or simple events where the attendees are all following the same schedule.
The support team is always quickly available, and we even had an account manager to walk us through our first build.
Read Michelle Curtis's full review
December 19, 2020
Bradi Stocks | TrustRadius Reviewer
Used the app for our Volunteer Conference. Love the option for our in person and virtual attendees to ask questions and answer polling in real time.
  • Helpful resources
  • Use branding colors
  • Trainings
  • Not all features are user friendly
[Well suited for] hybrid events and source for an all one tool.
Read Bradi Stocks's full review
August 13, 2020
Amber Swanson | TrustRadius Reviewer
The Meeting & Incentive department uses Crowd Compass for client events that we manage. We encourage our clients to use this tool to enable their attendees to have a more engaging experience. This tool also gives our clients more data to work with to determine the success of their event.
  • Easy user interface, anyone can use it.
  • Set-up on the back-end isn't complicated.
  • Allow for more customization in the menu screen.
  • More detailed reporting; custom reporting.
CrowdCompass has worked well at all of our events ranging from tradeshows to corporate incentive trips. Using this adds much more to an event allowing attendees to feel more connected to those around them and get the most out of everything there. It is also great to be able to send mass notifications to a group of people to quickly get them to complete an action or share feedback.
They respond quickly and are able to offer great solutions.
Read Amber Swanson's full review
July 04, 2020
Anna Damewood | TrustRadius Reviewer
We use CrowdCompass for our annual conference, which hosts around 180 participants. We switched to a mobile application to save costs and time on a printed conference booklet. We also wanted to encourage more networking and participation through the application.
  • Gamification: We were able to encourage participants to become more involved in the conference by using CrowdCompass's point system and offering prizes.
  • Sponsor Advertising: We were able to incorporate more sponsorship options through the application, such as splash screens, banner ads, and push-button notifications.
  • Discussion and Networking: Our participants could start networking with each other and planning meetings through the application before and during the conference.
  • Easier ways for participants to create a profile initially. Some found it confusing.
  • A calendar where participants can send each other invites for meetings.
  • The ability to upload videos in the application.
CrowdCompass is great for small to medium conferences and when budgets are tight. If you are unable to create a lot of printed materials, CrowdCompass really helps. Also, if you do not have an on-site photographer, having participants take pictures and post them to social media thought the application during the conference for points, helps you collect conference photos!
We were happy with the customer support from the beginning, when we purchased the application, to after our conference when we were wrapping things up. We initially discussed a timeline to set up the application and were briefed on what we needed to accomplish monthly to meet our goal. When we had questions, customer support representatives were always quick to respond.
Read Anna Damewood's full review
June 21, 2020
Megan Yulee, CMP | TrustRadius Reviewer
We use CrowdCompass primarily as an event app for our internal conferences. However, recently we transitioned one of our events within the app to be a communication platform for our general managers to share business trends, best practices, learnings, etc. This has been a crucial tool as the business has pivoted so quickly during this pandemic.
  • Customization
  • Internal communications
  • User friendly
  • Organization of data
  • Social feed
  • Sharing to external social channels
This app is perfect for large events. It’s great for networking and making connections. The schedule feature and sharing speaker information and session documents are great. The map feature for larger properties or many breakout sessions is extremely helpful!
There is some lack to the training materials, but the overall support has been great. When I’ve needed to call in for specific needs, the support team has been fantastic! They are merging with the Cvent support, so the quality is outstanding.
Read Megan Yulee, CMP's full review
April 14, 2020
Beth Vriesen | TrustRadius Reviewer
We are a third party Event Management company that assists companies with their events and meetings. We utilize Crowd Compass very heavily with our meetings as it is often utilized for agenda, maps and push notifications. In the last three years, we have gone from 3 events utilizing Crowd Compass to 19 events this last year.
  • Push notifications: Real time messaging to all or groups of attendees.
  • Attendee Engagement: Utilizing social media to gain attention for the event.
  • Agenda: On the fly updates if needed, locations and speaker information.
  • Navigation: Sometimes navigation on different platforms can be clumsy.
Crowd Compass is imperative for large meetings, as there are so many features that can engage and inform your attendees. Mobile apps, in general, are a little less needed on incentive trips, however, we have used them in that capacity to publish attendee lists, locations of events, etc.
We haven't had to utilize Support very often in my experience. However, our day to day contact and the few support cases we've had, they have been great.
Read Beth Vriesen's full review
March 26, 2020
Jim Sherman | TrustRadius Reviewer
SAE uses CrowdCompass to provide event attendees a compact resource to navigate large, complex meetings. CrowdCompass is maintained by the Events department, and utilized by many others in the organization, such as standards, professional development, Collegiate Design, and others.
  • Organizes complex schedules.
  • Easy to navigate.
  • Flexible enough to include non-standard activities.
  • Backend tools are intuitive.
  • Ability to include content, such as .pdf and .ppt.
  • Some features require a login that is not linked to Association login.
  • (At the time) calendar did not automatically start with current day/time.
  • There is no bulk loading of graphics.
Well-suited to large, very complex meetings, while being very convenient for small meetings.
We had a dedicated support person that would take care of any issues we had, and very quickly. We chose to use the API to reduce duplicate data entry, and the dedicated support person was very helpful for that implementation.
Read Jim Sherman's full review
March 18, 2020
Ruslana Milikhiker, CEM | TrustRadius Reviewer
We use CrowdCompass at our annual Women|Future Conference to help attendees be able to network, see the agenda with live updates, and learn more about the event and sponsoring organizations. CrowdCompass helps our attendees stay engaged when they are on-site as well as create and maintain new relationships. This tool has been very beneficial to our event.
  • Networking
  • Live Updates
  • Convey information
  • Instagram integration
  • RegFox integration
I really liked CrowdCompass for our group because it was extremely user-friendly on both the back end and the front end. I think that if you have a small or large event this app will be perfect for you as there is a lot of customization available. I particularly enjoyed how attendees could build their own profiles and schedule meetings.
Great support team. We had our own rep that would check in with me periodically and make sure that I was on track to launch the app on time. He also answered all of my questions no matter what time of the day I would ask. I was very pleased with the support.
Read Ruslana Milikhiker, CEM's full review
March 17, 2020
Janelle Buckley | TrustRadius Reviewer
Across our organization. We use this for our annual conference and it is wonderful. We can get information out to our attendees quickly. The live polls and handouts section is very nice so we do not have to send individual email blasts out after our conference to gather feedback and information.
  • Pulls data from Cvent easily
  • The face of the app is clear and functional
  • Gathers feedback
It is easy for us to push our conference information to include maps, speaker bios, our agenda, and it's easy to navigate. Setting up the mobile app was painless, and anyone could do this, you don't have to be techy to make this all work well together. Follow the instructions, and you're done!
We have all the support we need, and there is always someone available to help if we have questions. During set up, the process is clear on what is needed, anyone can set it up, and it again saves on staff time and not always doing everything via email and tracking.
Read Janelle Buckley's full review
March 03, 2020
Danielle Tambini, CMP | TrustRadius Reviewer
I've used CrowdCompass on a number of events and I really like it. Our attendees also are really embracing it. There is a lot of information that can be streamlined through the app. To me, it is a no-brainer for anyone who is already using Cvent for their event. the integration is so easy!
  • Integration.
  • Attendee notifications.
  • Agenda features.
  • There are still some things that can't be done that would be helpful.
It is great for bigger sales meetings. I think it can be used for any meeting, but the cost only allows us to use it for larger-scale meetings. We also are lucky to have attendees who are tech-savvy and they are open to trying it. I have worked at other companies, where a meeting app would not go over well.
We've had a great experience with our CrowdCompass rep. He is always willing to answer questions and let us know how we can use the technology to its highest capabilities. It would have been more challenging to start using CrowdCompass if we did not have a dedicated staff member to walk us through all the steps.
Read Danielle Tambini, CMP's full review
April 28, 2020
We use Crowd Compass as the event app for our Annual Conference. Our conference serves over 3000 architects annually. We offer over 100 sessions, 30+ tours, and many events and networking opportunities as well as an interactive exhibit hall full of engaging activities and 350 exhibitors and sponsors. The Crowd Compass app allows us to showcase all of these items in one simple place. We are able to monetize the design of the app by selling banner ads, splash screens, gamification items, and map pins to our sponsors and exhibitors. Our speakers are well showcased with their photos and bios. It's so easy to view their schedule if you are looking to catch a certain person during our 3-day event. The exhibit hall is easily mapped out and each exhibitor can upload information for their potential buyers to easily find them on the show floor. Push notifications might actually be our favorite feature. From sending out "The keynote speaker will start in 5 minutes in Ballroom 1" to "A yellow notebook and water bottle have been handed in at registration, collect if it's yours!" This is a game-changer for us! We can also sell notifications to sponsors! Our attendees love the app!
  • The customizable exhibitor & speaker profiles.
  • Mapping/locations.
  • Push notifications.
  • User friendly: both internal (creating app) & external (using it).
  • Looks sleek.
  • Last year, the gamification did not allow much customization, which was a shame. I hope that by the time I am ready to build my 2020 app, this function has been expanded
  • The app to upload/edit push notifications was only available on iPhone so I had to have another team member handle that seems I have an android phone.
  • Emails (invites, etc.) often go to junk.
It's a really easy platform to use. It integrates seamlessly with Cvent, so with a few clicks, your information is pushed through and ready to start previewing. It's a huge benefit for your attendees to have your whole conference schedule in the palm of their hand. You can easily make updates, unlike in the old printed guide where once it's printed, that's it. We have so many room changes or last-minute speaker adjustments to make, the app has been wonderful in making sure our attendees know where to go and when!
Our Crowd Compass contacts have always been super helpful and answered questions quickly and easily. We have scheduled calls to keep on track with our release dates and a followup at the conclusion of our event so we can review click tracking and make plans for next year.
July 08, 2020
We have only used CrowdCompass twice, both in 2020. It was used by my internal client for two Sales Meetings - one in Chicago and one in Dallas. Both meetings had complicated agendas with multiple breakout sessions on each day. The app helped keep attendees schedules at their fingertips so they never had to question where to be at what time.
  • Personalized Agendas
  • Live Polls
  • Live Q&A
  • Sign up process for attendees (emails, verification codes, etc.)
  • When I updated information in Cvent, sometimes it wouldn't sync with the CrowdCompass
  • We had some problems with the Live Polls not working, but this could have been due to internet connectivity issues.
  • Training from Cvent to user on how to build and use CrowdCompass. I felt like I was on my own to learn.
I think it's well suited for large meetings of 100+ people. I found it useful for our meetings that had multiple breakouts each day. We were also able to showcase speakers and vendors in a clean, easy to read way.

I think for smaller, less complicated meetings it wouldn't be necessary to use.
Once we paid for our apps, I felt like I was left to learn on my own. There are plenty of Help articles available, but no training sessions. I'm a visual learner and having to poke around and use trial and error to build the apps took way too much valuable time away from other parts of my job. It was frustrating and I brought it up with my CrowdCompass contact, but was told that they don't provide any training sessions and if I had questions I should refer to the Help articles or call support.
May 08, 2020
We are using CrowdCompass in one department as the main event app for our major annual technology conference each year. It helps us organize event information, easily communicate with attendees, sell sponsorships, and more! We love how easy it is to use and always get great feedback from attendees on the look and feel of the app as well.
  • Ease of use
  • Clean design
  • Ability to communicate with other attendees.
  • Customization
  • Organization of app tiles
  • Banner ad options
CrowdCompass is well suited for almost all types of events. It's very easy to use and can be easily applied/customized for most events big and small. A scenario where it is less appropriate is for an event that has LOTS of sessions. For example, we don't use the app for our annual convention because we have thousands of sessions across 3-4 days, and the app doesn't work well trying to organize that amount of sessions/session information.
Cvent has great customer support. They provide a lot of support leading up to the event via phone and email, and you can have the option to have someone onsite to help if you use some of their other products. The app is very easy to use and they have lots of online resources and how-to guides available as well.
April 14, 2020
We're using CrowdCompass for 2 different delegation trips in which we take around 100 people to Washington DC/Mexico City and set up meeting tracks. The Events Team manages the app, though our public Policy Team also assists while on the trip. CrowdCompass helps with needing to make last-minute changes, send specific notifications, and provide sponsorship benefits. We're also able to update our attendees with all necessary information and provide meeting details in one place.
  • Easy/intuitive user interface: our attendees range in age and tech experience, so the platform must be easy to navigate and get information from quickly and simply.
  • Providing opportunities for sponsorship benefits: because the platform is so customizable, we're able to build in sponsorship shoutouts and ads that would normally go in a printed product.
  • Ability to upload documents: this is particularly helpful when we need to make last-minute changes, additions, or provide additional resources.
  • It would be great if CrowdCompass could show which attendees are registered for each meeting. This would allow the staff-member quick access to the list of who should be in attendance and would also allow individual attendees to coordinate/network/carpool to meetings, etc.
Great for meetings of 20+, especially if there are different simultaneous side meetings/events. The platform does a great job providing the opportunity to upload additional resources, speaker details, and allows for social media integration. The platform has proved invaluable for several of our larger trips—there's no way we could go back!
The CrowdCompass team is relatively quick to respond to any issues we've faced.
April 04, 2020
Each year we host an annual user/industry and training conference for our products. The marketing department uses CrowdCompass to create and deploy the event app. Prior to using CrowdCompass we created our own app made in-house as we expanded our event (number of attendees, tracks, sessions, fees, etc) we realized we needed a professional service to deploy the event app. We looked at a few different options and found that CrowdCompass had a really easy to use interface and would work nicely for our attendees.
  • Ease of Use: There is nothing worse than complicated software that makes your job even harder than it should be. CrowdCompass is intuitive and it has sections broken down into the different event areas (speakers, attendees, sessions, sponsors, etc) so you make sure you can cover your bases.
  • Dedicated Support: When you launch your CrowdCompass app you get a dedicated support person. Our guy was like a personal cheerleader— he sent weekly updates about our event app adoption was going, gave us industry benchmarks to compare ourselves to and sent plenty of resource guides so we were able to really make the app shine.
  • Recommended Sessions or Tied Sessions: You can link sessions together so that when an attendee looks at "Session A", they can also see "Session B, C, D" etc so that they have a better guide for what to take next. Attendees are always looking for direction on which classes to take and having that recommended sessions feature is really helpful. If a session has two parts you can also link them so that the attendee sees there's a part one and two without having to search for the sessions separately.
  • Sponsors: You can go to town on filling out the details on the sponsor pages. Our sponsors all appreciated being able to add not only basic contact information but content including PDFs, links to videos and more.
  • Better integration with Cvent: My dream, wish and hope is that all speaker and session content equally links to Cvent. If you make a change in CrowdCompass on say a session description, it will not be reflected in Cvent. It's a bit of a drag because you absolutely have to work in two different apps.
  • Embedded videos: It would be awesome to be able to embed videos within the app. We could have a greeting to the event video and some short snippets from different classes.
  • More survey types: It would be nice to have different survey types. The survey options right now are fairly basic.
CrowdCompass is so easy to implement and use, plus we have a high adoption rate (north of 94%) year over year. So from an attendee perspective, people really like using it.
Everyone on the CrowdCompass side is very willing to help. There's also a great article base for self-serve resources.
March 25, 2020
CrowdCompass is used for our annual conference. It is a substitute for having printed materials for the schedule and other conference information.
  • It is easy to set up and for attendees to use.
  • Integrations with Cvent Event Management are smooth.
  • The design of the activity feed in the dynamic view is excellent and well received by our attendees.
  • In the dynamic feed, it would be great for the top 4 icons to actually allow for more than we could swipe across to view all of the icons.
  • In the session schedule if you could also have the speaker name underneath the title would be very helpful.
  • Making filtering by strand more intuitive to users would be helpful as well.
CrowdCompass is perfect for conferences and other large meeting events. It wouldn't be appropriate to use for a 1 speaker seminar or simpler small meetings.
CrowdCompass support has always been top-notch. They are accessible at any time and able to respond very quickly with needed solutions.
July 15, 2020
We use CrowdCompass for our incentive trips to provide all the guests with information on the trip. We have also used it for various sales conferences and trade shows. The business problem it addresses is getting information to event participants without printing anything on paper. Less waste and easier to make last min changes!
  • 24 hour support
  • New features releases all the time
  • Hard to use with multiple languages
  • Hard to add agenda items
  • App game is great but would like to have more flexibility with when game starts
We use the app for our trips and it works well. On the first trip that we used the app we had a venue change due to the weather. We quickly updated the session location with the new venue and sent out a push notification with details. We did not have to worry about some guests not knowing the new location, they all had it in their hand!
When I have a problem I always call the help desk and they are able to help out and fix the problem. And offer advise on other parts of the program that they can see we are using. I don't feel like I ever have to wait very long on hold to speak to anyone.
February 27, 2020
We used Crowd Compass for an annual event of <150 people. The app was super simple to set up and helped tremendously to communicate last-minute schedule changes. Since our event was small, we were not able to use all of the features of the app that a larger event would. Support was always there when I needed them, and the forums/community are great.
  • Intuitive.
  • Support is great.
  • More customization.
  • Better options for smaller events.
CrowdCompass is great to keep communication moving with attendees while you are in the midst of the event. Scheduling push notifications and having the interactive game made it feel like we were right there holding our attendee's hand. Also, we had an outdoor event that had to be rescheduled due to weather, and the app was huge in keeping everyone in the know.
Great onboarding from our account person. There was also a clear timeline to launch. Online forums and FAQs were helpful to get quick answers to questions. We never had any immediate issues to test response time. Following up after the event helped produce ROI documents to report to management on.
February 27, 2020
CrowdCompass is used for our Incentive Travel programs to engage attendees. We are a third party company that is a one-stop shop for incentive travel groups. We create and manage the app used for winners and their guests while onsite. It is a great resource for promoting activities, locating various activities and mass communication to all attendees or groups of attendees.
  • Mass Communication/Push Notifications
  • Geo-location on multiple maps
  • More theme and design styles
  • More attractive icon options
My favorite aspect of CrowdCompass is the mass communication to all attendees for large programs. If there is a urgent notification about weather or an event or an emergency, it is important to get in contact with attendees immediately. CrowdCompass makes that communication line easy and you can custom the people that you send a push notification to.
For all Cvent programs, their support system is very helpful. There are multiple resources to utilize including webinars, knowledge centers, articles and live help. They all fit seamlessly together and is helpful for all learning types and schedules.
May 12, 2020
We use it for some of our larger conferences.
  • Maps.
  • Games.
  • Session information.
  • Room assignments.
  • Engagement.
  • Expensive.
  • Reduced cost for smaller programs.
It is a great app to get attendees engaged and reduced the need for paper programs. It would be nice if there was a cheaper option for smaller programs.
It is very interactive and attendees love it.
December 10, 2019
Jessica LOPES | TrustRadius Reviewer
I am part of the Marketing department of my company, but I am the only event planner there. Consequently I am the only one using CrowdCompass.

I use this tool for the 2 annual conferences my company is hosting. These events are forums for our clients in order for them to learn, share their experience and network. Our clients describe them as family gatherings. After 10 years, the events grew quite a lot and the networking part became a bit more tricky, especially for the new participants. Finding the people that share the same topics of interest and challenges in only two days was no more simple. Besides we also introduce in the agenda a specific time for appointments for which we needed some technical support.

The need for an event app with some advanced functionalities became clear two years ago and this is when we decided to use CrowdCompass.
  • Lots of functionalities for different purposes.
  • Easy to use for the admin and the users.
  • Great consulting and guidance with a personal Mobile Solutions Specialist.
  • Flexible design and a great UX.
  • Excellent technical support when needed.
  • Reporting - basic reports integrated but for more in-depth reports you need to ask them to your account manager.
I think this tool is perfect as soon as you have a crowd of 50 people minimum and you want them to be more engaged. Like for every other event apps, it allows the participants to see an activity feed, your agenda, the other attendees, ask questions to the speakers, participate in polls, use interactive maps and so on, but it has several main differentiators:
  • You can customize the app to your specific needs really easily by using or not the different functionalities, and the level of visual customization is very high.
  • There is a function to schedule appointments that is very convenient for you but also for the users.
  • The survey function is easy to use but also very useful for evaluating the ROI and ROE on your events
  • The private messaging function is also great for the participants to connect and start a meaningful discussion in a more intimate way,
  • You can also create as many pages as you want to provide all types of information to your crowd like wi-fi instructions, dress codes, profile configuration explanations, tutorials to use the app and so. An entire FAQ section entirely personalized.
As soon as you are a client, you get a Mobile Solutions Specialist on top of your Account Manager. This person is a real partner to make sure your overall experience is great, easy and your event a success.

First of all, this person trains you on how to configure the app but also explains what is important to consider for each function available in the app and how to use them. This person is also guiding you step by step, making sure you are on track with your deadlines.
Secondly, mine is always available for me, even when I am on-site during my events. She listens to me, understands my challenges and always has solutions.
Last but not least, she also advises me on how to communicate about the app to my crowd to make sure that I have the highest rate of engagement.

The best support I have had in a long time.
Read Jessica LOPES's full review
September 26, 2019
Jennifer Wenger | TrustRadius Reviewer
We use CrowdCompass with our client events. Our attendees can use the app to access documents, maps and their agenda. We occasionally use the gamification, but most of our meetings are corporate meetings and they do not have the time to play the game.
  • The appearance of the app is very professional.
  • Easy to access information in the app with easy to set up design.
  • The map feature is important to us.
  • Would like to be able to switch between app home page designs after the event is set up in case I want to change my mind. Currently, have to delete the entire event and start over.
  • Do not always want to use the game feature and there's no way to fully turn it off.
CrowdCompass is a must-have for all events and meetings. It's an easy way for attendees to find their schedules, register for other open sessions, and a great way to send them notifications during the event.
They helped us set up our own branded app in the Apple app store and Google Play store. It was a smooth and easy process.
Read Jennifer Wenger's full review
August 19, 2019
Rachel Jones | TrustRadius Reviewer
CrowdCompass is used for our annual conference. We needed a way to communicate with attendees - schedules, updates, conference layout, etc. As well as for the attendees to communicate with each other for networking purposes.
  • Integration with EventFlex was seamless - even with last minute changes
  • Customer support is top notch - fast and reliable
  • The mobile app is very sleek looking and intuitive for attendees to navigate
  • Loved that they provided marketing materials and how to docs to send our attendees, so that we didn't have to create them
  • The add to my schedule function needs improvement. It would have been nice to know the restrictions based on registration paths before we created those.
  • Polling functionality could be more robust
  • The map function was great, but wasn't intuitive on how to use. A lot of attendees didn't realize it was there unless we told them
CrowdCompass is great for mid-sized conferences for basic mobile app functions. We used it for our 500 person conference for networking, keeping track of schedules, conference layout, etc. I honestly think it could be used for smaller conferences or large. As long as it is set up correctly, the app should work for all sizes and types of events, from conferences to expos.
Read Rachel Jones's full review

What is CrowdCompass?

CrowdCompass by Cvent offers mobile event apps that increase attendee engagement and produce a strong return on investment. CrowdCompass by Cvent provides mobile apps for conferences, tradeshows, meetings, and events that range in size from 50 to 50,000 attendees. The product is an integrated component of Cvent’s event management platform.