Utilizing DigitalPersona at a financial institution
Overall Satisfaction with HID DigitalPersona (formerly Crossmatch)
- Provides an extra layer of security, each person has a unique fingerprint.
- Allows users to quickly log in to or switch computers on the fly, much faster than typing in a password.
- Can be used with all kinds of programs. We utilize it with any program that requires authentication, and you can modify the software to work with several applications.
- I find that sometimes I have had to delete a users fingerprints and re-add them. There must be something going on where the software believes that the user has changed their fingerprints.
- I have on occasion come across a person where the reader was unable to create fingerprints for that user. It would be interesting to see if the sensitivity of the 4500 reader could be improved on.
- I find that using the DigitalPersona software makes the users ultimately forget their passwords. Maybe every once in a while the software could require the user to type in their Windows password to help them remember it.
We utilized HID and it greatly helped with credentials and authentication in AD. Having HID work with Azure HD greatly streamlined the password process. On top of that all users once indoctrinated to the world of HID, really relied on the biometric system. They relied so much that they always forgot their passwords at some point, forgetting that they changed every 45 days.
- Provides a quick one finger authentication\log-on.
- Logging onto a machine that is used by several other users, such as in retail is no problem because the DigitalPersona software does a switch user function instead of logging out the other user.
- One negative that was apparent immediately after installing the DigitalPersona software was that users very easily forgot their Windows passwords because of the one finger log-on.