January 04, 2021
Score 8 out of 10
Overall Satisfaction with DraftSight
DraftSight is used in the engineering department as our 2D drafting tool. We design equipment that is fabricated primarily in welding shops. Those shops work exclusively with 2D design drawings on their shop floors. As such, we need a reliable 2D drafting tool. DraftSight is used to complement SOLIDWORKS, which we use as our 3D design tool.
- DraftSight is a solid 2D drafting tool.
- It automatically translates text commands, so if you are accustomed to other packages, you don't have to relearn the command line instructions.
- It allows for the creation of scripting files so that repetitive tasks can be automated.
- Editing text can be challenging.
- Formatting text can be challenging.
- PDF creation can have issues with line weights and similar features.
- DraftSight is well worth the cost given the features and reliability of the software.
- For the features we need, DraftSight has a much lower out of pocket and overall cost compared to other similar software packages.