Overall Satisfaction with Drupal
We offer Drupal to our end users as a solution for creating a web site.
- Drupal has a large user base which means that there is plenty of supporting documentation available for learning its usage.
- Drupal has a large user base which means finding a developer to customize Drupal functionality is going to be easier because more talent is available and that talent is already familiar with the code.
- Drupal is fully customizable because it is open source and written in PHP, which is easily one of the most popular programming languages for web.
- Some users may find the interface complicated to use.
- Some users may not understand how to backup their Drupal instance properly or how to restore it if something bad were to happen.
- Some users will not understand the importance of keeping the software up to date and may be at risk for a hacked web site. Note: This is not a Drupal specific issue, all open source and arguable all software that does not get updated regularly may become vulnerable. However, automation in updates and backups is something most all modern pre-fab web apps have room for improvement. Most users just want to turn on their web site administration and generate content, not worrying about updates or backups.
- Drupal is an important part of our business as a hosting company, because we obviously wish to host Drupal web sites for our customers. We have fine tuned our servers to provide a highly optimized environment for Drupal and because of that, our investment into supporting the Drupal software has helps support our company's growth.
Modern versions of Drupal are used to generate a wide variety of web sites. In the earlier days it was used pretty heavily for e-learning and schools, now most modern iterations are used for everything from a local beauty web site to some of the biggest names in the industry.