Overall Satisfaction with Esker
We use Esker On Demand for NAR Sales Order Processing (Both the OCR function and the one custom RPA) in our contract business channel as well as Fax-to-Email conversion and SAP Outbound faxing. We also use Esker DeliveryWare for AP in Europe and EMEA.
- Optical Character Recognition
- Customizable to Company Usage
- Easy Management of Users
- Would have been harder and more expensive to implement had we not had experienced ABAPers and users of the old version on our end.
- It can’t use web services to place multiple orders with one call. It's not a need of ours but might be a drawback for some.
- There is no out of the box way to automate user management with an external system.
- We now have reporting available down to the individual field level (changes, errors, etc) and can calculate cost to serve.
- It replaced on-premise hardware with cloud SaaS that is more cost effective and risk adverse.
- It is more intuitive; we can put new hires on order entry and experience less user errors. As a solution owner who fixes problems and answers questions, I don't find myself having to "think" about Esker and it has become a smaller part of my job now that end-users are more self-sufficient.
We investigated Readsoft early in our exploration of upgrade options. We were on Esker DeliveryWare, but the UI for Readsoft, at the time, seemed to be a little convoluted and geared towards exception handling and required tiered users. Also, Readsoft was more cost prohibitive and did not have a solution for our faxing. Though, as I understand it, they may have since found a solution for this issue.
Esker's professional services team and customer experience team are both very easy to work with. The professional services team brings with them lots of knowledge of how other customers use the tool but are also very willing to listen to suggestions and feedback. They also host a semi yearly users conference (every 18 months) called All Access in Madison, WI where users can get together and share user stories and find new solutions.
Do you think Esker delivers good value for the price?
Are you happy with Esker's feature set?
Did Esker live up to sales and marketing promises?
Did implementation of Esker go as expected?
Would you buy Esker again?
Esker On Demand is great for Sales Order Processing order creation. We use it with web services. It can make table read calls, test order creations (simulate order), and help with order creation. They are also working on change order management, but if you have multiple order entry methods or touch points, this feature may not be usable for your company.