Overall Satisfaction with Firebase
As manufacturers of electronic equipment interconnected through the IoT Cloud, we needed a robust backend technology that could easily scale as our user base grew. The solution that we needed was to include a real-time database as well as the possibility of executing functions in the cloud according to that database received the data of our clients, for example, sending push notifications.
- Increase in real time the processing capacity according to the demand.
- The realtime database is surprisingly fast running efficiently on Android and IOS.
- Although the functionality of the real-time database is complete through code, the functionality of the WEB console is limited.
- In the case of cloud functions, although there is a method of testing operation, its implementation is not very practical, and programs must be downloaded to run on the local PC; being a platform in the cloud, it would be great to be able to test functions from the WEB console directly.
- Fast development on all operating systems involved.
- Being a system in the cloud, maintenance and updating costs are minimized compared to a structure with its own servers.
Although there are other backend platforms that could have provided us with a solution to our project. The way of grouping the solution in FIREBASE, atomizing in the same project the database, cloud functions, authentication, push notifications, etc., has given us a clearer picture of what would be the correct path to achieve the objective.
Do you think Firebase delivers good value for the price?
Are you happy with Firebase's feature set?
Did Firebase live up to sales and marketing promises?
Did implementation of Firebase go as expected?
Would you buy Firebase again?
Firebase has been excellent for us when we have to update information in real-time between our IoT hardware devices, and our users' mobile applications, integration with ANDROID and IOS is excellent. In addition, given that our client base is constantly growing, FIREBASE adapts the processing capacity automatically. Being a payment platform that bills each operation, for example, writing, reading a database, bandwidth used, etc. I do not suggest its use in projects that are not lucrative since as the user base grows, the bill to pay will also grow!