Overall Satisfaction with FreshBooks
We use Freshbooks to track employee time on various client projects. Then we bill clients for that time. We also use Freshbooks to create estimates. We use it to send automated late payment reminders as well as subscription payments. Finally we use it to run reports on invoices, accounts due, employee time tracking and taxes.
- Invoicing is quite quick and flexible
- Creating estimates is also quick and easy to do
- Entering time, assigning that to clients, entering expenses and assigning to clients
- Pricing structure is very poor for us. $10/user per month when we have staff that comes and goes. And it's impossible to change a free contractor to a paid staff and vice-versa. This is my biggest complaint.
- They only allow one admin owner user. Emails must come from that account. This is annoying, as other staff cannot log in with the same power.
- The user interface is quite dated. I've made recommendations to improve it and all have been ignored. It's skinny and not fluid. Also, there is no way to link between invoices and clients.
- Helped us track and bill for our time better
- Helped us track overdue invoices and get payments online
- When we were small,our monthly fee was quite high. I've found this very frustrating and the main reason to move away.
High cost is the main reason. Lack of real accounting abilities is a secondary reason. We're moving to Xero.
Well, it's pretty easy to get around and find what you're looking for. But certain things such as search and linking the company in the invoice would make it better.
Easy to use
Technical support not required
Quick to learn
Feel confident using
- Creating invoices from logged time is quite well implemented
- Adding time is easy, and it's easy to move time from one day to another if you made an error
- Sending invoices is super easy
- It's impossible to change a staff member to a contractor or vice versa. You need to call support and even then it's not always done.
- If you remove an item from an invoice that was generated from your time sheet, it will show up on the next invoice. You need to manually find it in your timesheet to not bill it.