The tool that gives you the full story
Updated December 13, 2022
The tool that gives you the full story
Score 8 out of 10
Overall Satisfaction with FullStory
FullStory is helping the product design team by giving them the ability to see not only the quantitive data of how many people did something but also the qualitative data of how they interacted with the user interface and where they might've hit a roadblock in the experience. This is key to our team being able to make an informed decision about how to improve our product.
- Makes it easy to search for the things you're looking for with their search functionality
- Is very intuitive to use, even for new users
- Gives you a quick snapshot of the quantitive data of how things are going within a segment
- Makes it super easy to add to your search by utilizing inspect mode and clicking directly on the elements of the UI you want to track
- It's expensive to add more sessions onto your plan
- We've had to pause the recording to save on using up all the sessions so the data we get from FullStory is skewed
- It was hard to figure out how to remove saved segments from the list
- We've been able to save time on identifying bugs before we released the feature to the public, so we saved time on having to deal with customer support and were able to be proactive in fixing the issues
- Saving time for our support team to identify bugs when customer complaints come in
- The quality in design has gone up, as we can actually see exactly what the customers are doing as they interact with the user interface
From what I can tell, implementation was very easy for our developers as Full Story integrates nicely with Google Tag Manager, which we used to integrate full story on our website.
Whenever I've reached out to Full Story support, they've always been professional, helpful and replied in a timely manner.
Do you think FullStory delivers good value for the price?
Are you happy with FullStory's feature set?
Did FullStory live up to sales and marketing promises?
Did implementation of FullStory go as expected?
Would you buy FullStory again?
FullStory is well suited to answer questions such as where in this particular application flow are customers having issues, where are they dropping off in the signup flow, and more specifically what was causing the confusion in the user interface. Depending on how you have it set up, FullStory is not well suited for the type of questions that you would have answered by an analytics tool--especially historical data, as it would be very expensive to have FullStory running on all the time, so your data is skewed because when you run out of sessions, the recording is turned off.
FullStory Feature Ratings
15 - I see Full Story being very useful to a lot if not all teams within a SaaS business to a certain extent. In our organisation the following teams are finding Full Story useful: Product design team, product management team, development or engineering team, customer support team, account management team, onboarding team and quality assurance team.
3 - The team leads or more specifically, product design and development leads in our organisation play an on-going supporting role of Full Story. I wouldn't say you need any specific skills apart from understanding the basics of an online tool such as the subscriptions and answering questions on using the tool. Full story has very good documentation to guide you through all the steps including setup and and using the tool.
- Being able to see exactly how our users are interacting with our platform
- Easily being able to filter sessions by a number of parameters
- Setting up events that you can track without the need to get developers involved or knowing how to code
- Being able to identify bugs in our product releases before we release to the public
- Developers being able to easily pinpoint why a customer is seeing an error using the dev tools that comes with Full Story
- Quickly answering questions such as what are the most common behaviours on mobile devices
- Get it installed on our native apps so that we can see how those customers are interacting with our product
- Setup metrics to help us measure how successful our future product releases are
- Utilise the Full Story dashboards feature to build dashboards that keep everyone on the team aligned on how we're tracking
Because Full Story has delivered everything we expected and more. We've been able to see the value in being able to improve our product based on the qualitative data that we get from seeing exactly how customers use our product. On top of that, Full Story always seems to be improving with something new added every other week I login.
Evaluating FullStory and Competitors
- Product Features
- Product Usability
FullStory appealed to us as it had the most intuitive user interface that made it easy to onboard other team mates and help them get value from Full Story with the need to have extensive training. A great example of this is the search functionality with suggestions that allow you to quickly find what you're looking for.
If we had to do it again, we would probably explore the market more to see if we can identify any potential competitors that may offer the same solution for a more reasonable price. At the time when we chose FullStory, they were one of if not the only ones doing session replay.
The help docs and video are very helpful in learning more about getting the most out of Full Story
Problems get solved
Kept well informed
No escalation required
Immediate help available
Support understands my problem
Support cares about my success
Quick Initial Response
I don't think we purchased premium support as the normal support did the job for us
Because everything seems to be easy to find and it doesn't take long at all to learn how to use the product
Like to use
Easy to use
Technical support not required
Quick to learn
Feel confident using
- The search functionality as it gives you suggestions for the type of things you can find
- The navigation
- The session replay
- Google Tag Manager
It seemed simple to integrate and didn't take too much time
Relationship with FullStory
Have always kept us in the loop to make sure we're getting the most out of the tool