Fuze at UNICOM Global
July 24, 2019
Fuze at UNICOM Global
Score 7 out of 10
Overall Satisfaction with Fuze
Fuze was implemented across UNICOM Global Divisions from July 2015. It provided the UNICOM Global group of companies with a single standard telephony and conferencing service. It is widely used across the business for telephony and conferencing specifically but also chat. It has enhanced the communication across the wider UNICOM business. I was the project leader for the implementation across the wider business.
- The project team that was assigned throughout the planning and implementation were excellent as is our Customer Relations Manager, Gemma Hart.
- Call quality is consistently very good.
- Administration is improving with the introduction of the Fuze Hub.
- Responses to customer issues are often poor, This is mainly directed to billing-related issues but to a customer reporting a problem they do not care what department is causing the delay, it's just an issue that they have opened that needs to be sorted out.
- There seems to have been several changes regarding the direction the product is moving in certain areas which have caused confusion and frustration. Areas that are very important to our business which we were told were planned have been jettisoned.
- More transparency should be given regarding the roadmap and direction.
I think it is improving but as I said previously there is a stress on the billing side of the business which gives a perhaps unfairly poor impression of support. The recent interaction that I have had with Support is definitely better and from my experience as good as it has been.
We were assigned an extremely good implementation team with great technicians, project manager, and customer success team. The key to all project teams, in my opinion, is having the correct people and we certainly did.
Fuze is very good around collaboration, meetings are simple to set up once initial familiarity is done. The telephony is consistently of a high quality and very reliable which keeps the users happy. The chat functionality is improving and becoming more useful and being picked up as a tool by a growing number of users. Fuze lacks the flexibility of being able to compete with WebEx regarding remote control of a computer for someone who does not have Fuze installed. This is required by customer support personnel dealing with customers who need to have an issue resolved but cannot install software without change control.