Fuze Reviews

Wes Anderson profile photo
Fuze is being used across the entirety of our company. Our 70+ employees utilize Fuze to communicate internally to colleagues as well as externally to our many clients. It has been integral in our company culture of simplicity. With the integration of phone, chat, screen sharing, and conference calls we no longer need many separate programs for users to learn and navigate. It can be used from a computer or traditional VOIP phone meeting the varied needs of our users. The program itself is simple to understand but still comes with a full set of features. The team at Fuze is constantly pushing updates with major improvements, keeping our team on the cutting edge with communication.
  • Interactive remote meetings are a breeze with Fuze. The ability to share and control remote screens works well.
  • The phone app is very useful. You can join any meeting from your phone and even receive calls through your extension. Even on cellular data, screen sharing still works well.
  • User administration is as simple as it can get. Fuze integrates well with Active Directory and the support team will help set up all the defaults. New users can be created with just a few clicks.
  • Our team loves to send gifs. Teams allowed us to integrate a giphy button. Fuze does not have the same functionality although they have mentioned it will be in a future update.
  • If you don't have sound turned on getting a notification of a new message can be problematic. The icon on the taskbar blinks, letting you know there is a new message. Sometimes this doesn't function correctly.
  • There is no way for a user to block or control a blocked list of phone numbers. Some users get many scam calls or annoying cold calls. This would be a helpful feature.
From my experience, Fuze is well suited for small to medium-sized companies that need heavy collaboration. For larger companies, it might be wise to look elsewhere. Fuze components do go down regionally from time to time. While they are good at alerting you of any current problems, a larger company might need something with a stronger SLA.
Read Wes Anderson's full review
Nathan Hysong profile photo
We have Fuze implemented throughout our environment with 300+ users on the platform. It covers all of our calling needs including day-to-day calling and conference calling.
  • Wealth of features
  • Documentation
  • User Interface
  • Their Support is VERY lacking. Almost every exchange I have with their support requires me to escalate. I have submitted cases with P1 priority (top priority with 4 hour response window) and have gone a week with no response, prompting me to email our internal contacts to make progress. With most of my contacts, I have to explain the issue multiple times as the agent does not understand what I'm asking.
  • Their helpdesk line is basically just a verbal ticket submission. When you call you're not getting connected to an agent who can help, you're connected to someone who basically creates the ticket for you and then someone else will contact you later.
  • We have run into a myriad of issues with Fuze implementation. Some of those issues were on our side, some on Fuze. But it always felt like it took far too much time to get resolved. We've been with Fuze for nearly 1.5-2 years and are still not 100% implemented properly. We have whole offices who have given up using the service.
  • Fuze Rooms does not accommodate our needs. It is a conference room software that runs using the exact same software that you use for desktop calling, but it does not include a dialer or the ability for external dialing.
I think Fuze is well suited as a VoIP system for a spread out, moderately sized company. I think its Softphone really opens the possibility for people to work remotely without losing their connection to the company.
I think that companies should do their research and make sure their hardware/network is up to snuff if you intend on doing a Softphone-only deployment, or purchase physical desk phones. Their Softphone software is nice and convenient, but I wouldn't depend on it company-wide.
Read Nathan Hysong's full review
Brandon Patton profile photo
We currently utilize Fuze across our entire organization. Other than email, it is a heavily-used source of collaboration between teams and employees for internal communication, external meetings, and our phone system. Previously, many of our tools were on different platforms, all from different vendors, and often lead to confusion and training issues, whereas with Fuze, everything is centralized into one package that allows us to focus on one product for our communication needs.
  • A single platform that covers instant messaging, screen-share meetings, and phone calls.
  • A fast, intuitive interface which assists in quickly onboarding new employees to the platform.
  • Client support for many devices-- physical phones, mobile phone apps, and desktop apps for multiple OSes.
  • The support portal system can be difficult to navigate.
  • An idea System is implemented, but needs dramatic improvements.
  • The administrative interface can feel disjointed (some features are available in this portal system, and other features in a different portal system).
Fuze is well suited for the growing enterprise that is looking to combine meeting/webinar tools, a phone system, and an instant message system into a single platform. Fuze also provides an excellent onboarding process with key stakeholders to ensure that all needs and questions are met before the go-live date. Fuze has a large array of quick video tutorials for those that need additional instruction in utilizing many of the features of the Fuze application and platform.
Read Brandon Patton's full review
Anthony Cummings profile photo
Fuze is being utilized throughout the entire organization in EMEA, APAC and AMERICA regions. The prime use is voice and reporting however collaboration is been used by certain Central Service functions. FRG is a rapidly going company, with additional offices been added quarterly and a vast number of employee's joining the business on a monthly basis. Fuze Desktop allows IT to support this business demand with minimal expense.
  • Global reach is key for FRG, and Fuze are able to deliver their services in the majority countries.
  • Voice is critical in recruitment and Fuze deliver a solid service with minimal downtime.
  • The ability for users to Monitor, Barge, and Whisper into other calls within a single click within the Fuze Desktop application.
  • The admin console needs some re-architecture, especially around permission and user profiles.
  • More R&D on integration with CRM platform is required.
UCaaS solutions are at the forefront of telephony. Any organization who isn't considering UCaaS as a replacement for traditional "Digital" PBX platform will be left behind. Fuze offers a lot of functionality within a single easy to use platform, at a good price point.
Read Anthony Cummings's full review
Miguel Rivas profile photo
We use Fuze Voice as the main platform of communications, either text or voice, between employees and the final costumer.
  • It allows you to choose any European or world number to communicate with.
  • The prices are for all devices and you can log in using their app or the web.
  • Good call quality especially in open areas.
  • The customise options are very important because it helps personalise the use.
  • Video calls are good but need to be higher quality and have more options on sharing.
  • Visually it's okay, but some icons [look like] children with no experience can use them, especially for specific options.
  • Integration with other browsers as there is with Chrome.
For offices with an international work agenda, Fuze Voice fits perfectly, especially for business people. It may not be so good for personal use, as the prices are better for companies.
Read Miguel Rivas's full review
James Gangemi profile photo
We currently use Fuze company-wide as our VoIP phone system for all our unified/telecommunications needs. It currently fulfills the role of being the single source of all our telecommunication activities, which vary in scope and usage company-wide.
  • Customer service.
  • Ease of use.
  • Stability.
  • Fuze Connect for ServiceNow could be improved upon.
As a Service Desk professional, I see that Fuze works very well with our end-users, and is relatively painless to administer. For Fuze being deployed company-wide in a good-sized organization like the one I work for, I'd say Fuze could be tailored to work with many other organizations with ease.
Read James Gangemi's full review
Fuze was implemented across UNICOM Global Divisions from July 2015. It provided the UNICOM Global group of companies with a single standard telephony and conferencing service. It is widely used across the business for telephony and conferencing specifically but also chat. It has enhanced the communication across the wider UNICOM business. I was the project leader for the implementation across the wider business.
  • The project team that was assigned throughout the planning and implementation were excellent as is our Customer Relations Manager, Gemma Hart.
  • Call quality is consistently very good.
  • Administration is improving with the introduction of the Fuze Hub.
  • Responses to customer issues are often poor, This is mainly directed to billing-related issues but to a customer reporting a problem they do not care what department is causing the delay, it's just an issue that they have opened that needs to be sorted out.
  • There seems to have been several changes regarding the direction the product is moving in certain areas which have caused confusion and frustration. Areas that are very important to our business which we were told were planned have been jettisoned.
  • More transparency should be given regarding the roadmap and direction.
Fuze is very good around collaboration, meetings are simple to set up once initial familiarity is done. The telephony is consistently of a high quality and very reliable which keeps the users happy. The chat functionality is improving and becoming more useful and being picked up as a tool by a growing number of users. Fuze lacks the flexibility of being able to compete with WebEx regarding remote control of a computer for someone who does not have Fuze installed. This is required by customer support personnel dealing with customers who need to have an issue resolved but cannot install software without change control.
October 31, 2019

Not so fussed on Fuze

It's a Solid VoIP package, and integrated to Bullhorn CRM well.... but it lacks any additional functionality though. Stats were hard to get set up. Insights into call stats for the team were even harder. I didn't have easy access to call recordings. Having said all that, it was easy to use and the call quality was solid.
  • Call quality was solid. It didn't drop packets.
  • Simple design. Easy to use.
  • I did not need to run through any training, it was that simple.
  • Functionality -- video.
  • Call recordings access.
  • Access to call stats.
It integrated well to BullHorn CRM, which we used to call clients, and there was a click to dial functionality, which made dialing out a lot easier. Perhaps it was the way it was set up, but whenever a remote user called in, it rang on everyone's phone's, even if you were calling just your Manager, for example.
Fuze was meant to be used by the whole organization but we had a good amount of people who had trouble adopting it due to being set in their previous habits. We used it for inter-office chat, voice calling prospects, and customers, it could be used for video calling prospects and customers but I never ended up using the video function. It also integrated with our CRM at the time, HubSpot. I also had the Fuze app on my phone, and could easily answer calls through my phone and could tell it was coming from Fuze which meant it was a work call. I also used the messenger portion on my phone. I felt like it was really easy to use and I liked the layout.
  • I really liked the phone app. I felt like it was easy to install and it was immediately obvious when someone from work was calling or messaging vs. someone personal.
  • The integration with my CRM was simple and made calling right from the web very easy.
  • I liked the chat function and creating groups.
  • Overall I felt like Fuze met my personal needs as an SDR.
  • Occasionally I felt like I had issues with sound or calls not connecting well, although it is difficult for me to know if it was problems with Fuze or possibly my work computer or internet.
  • Could have been more robust in terms of document sharing (similar to MS Teams.)
I feel like Fuze may be better suited for inter-company chat, inter-company calls, and dialing out or receiving calls from customers/prospects. I am not sure if Fuze is the best tool for video chat and screen-sharing, however, I did not have the need for that functionality most of the time so it wasn't as relevant to me.
Fuze is used by the whole organization. This solution addresses having a single platform that is simple to deploy, manager, and expand as the company grows. The solution has also been very helpful for creating call center routing for customers and ring groups so that customers are always getting a live person.
  • Simple easy deployment with only the need for internet access
  • Portal access that allows for quick changes to call routing and scripts
  • Expansion is as simple as adding additional phones and placing them in groups needed
  • Support for the phones is slow to get started and get a resolution
  • Most support is done via email with little to no real time calls
  • ATA's are not as stable and support is weak for them
Fuze is good for small companies needing call center type handling of calls and easy to route calls.
Fuze is a really good fit for my company. It delivers an incredible number of features for the cost. The Fuze employees I’ve worked with have been hit or miss. My account manager is a nightmare but most of the support associates I worked with know the platform well. The contact center is very basic but works incredibly well for my mid-sized company’s help desk. The pricing of the contact center made Fuze the clear winner when picking a new phone system. Voice quality has been crystal clear even when traveling abroad.
  • Affordable contact center.
  • Call quality.
  • Numerous ways to connect to the platform.
  • Some common features are missing from the Fuze hub such as endpoint management.
  • Updates to the Fuze Desktop software occasionally need to be manually installed.
Fuze excels at being an affordable, basic contact center. It's a poor choice if you need to customize every aspect of the user experience.
It is used by the organization and deployed at all offices across multiple geographies. It is used as a replacement to the existing physical phone system and also used as Fuze for Salesforce as a call center.
  • Account Team
  • Technical Support
  • Platform
  • I feel Fuze for Salesforce is not matured enough.
  • Upgrade process causes issues sometimes.
  • Sometimes I get issues and voice functionality does not work. Mostly happens around upgrade, gets resolved once we perform cache update or restart the app.
Well suited for a cloud-based Phone instead of a physical phone.
Michael Bartlett profile photo
I implemented Fuze in an environment with approximately 90 users, for a manufacturer of marine equipment in Fort Lauderdale. It is currently used across the whole organization, which consists of facilities in Fort Lauderdale and Holland, in addition to a mobile service group working around the world. Fuze addresses the distributed nature of the workforce and allows voice, video, and text collaboration between our offices and mobile users.
  • The Fuze implementation process was the smoothest and best-organized roll-out of any major infrastructure project I have been involved with. The engineering and sales team provided a clear roadmap, stuck to it, and performed flawlessly.
  • The system stability, voice quality, user provisioning and de-provisioning, and overall ease of use is something Fuze has done particularly well. Whatever I need is there in the portal, and the 'take-it-for-granted' feeling the users have is a huge strength.
  • Continuous improvement- in the two years this company has used Fuze we have seen numerous updates to the softphone, new features in the desktop phones, and constant communication from our customer advocates and support team.
  • Tech support- rarely used but responsive and experienced, a definite strength.
  • A more aggressive end-user training and help scenario. Users who are unfamiliar with UCaaS and are wedded to the traditional role of the desktop phone can be slow picking up the idea of a UCaaS account and all the benefits and possibilities. More visible links and reminders on the phones, softphones, and apps, and easy access to short videos put right in front of users' eyes might help user adoption.
I think you need to be in a user base of at least 50 or so to reap the benefits. A small company with one location and no remote users may not need the flexibility and feature-rich Fuze environment.
Read Michael Bartlett's full review
David Scalise profile photo
We use Fuze across the entire organization. Our business is based around using our phones and we need a strong and reliable provider to make sure our phones are always up and running. Fuze not only makes using their service easy to use but it also helps make the support and setup easier for me on the back end.
  • Availability to use your work number anytime anywhere. Our recruiters make themselves available as much as they can. Being able to answer calls from their worklines while not in the office and make calls from their work numbers is a big deal.
  • Setting up new phones and numbers is very easy with their hub. I don't always have to go directly to their support team to setup new users. As long as I have the mac address of the phone and we have free numbers I can set a new user up in minutes.
  • Their support team is great as well. If I do need to get help with an issue their support team is quick to respond and very knowledgeable about their systems. Their team is also able to fix most support cases within the same day.
  • Their admin portal that I use to login to can sometimes feel clunky. There is a lot of button pressing to get through the menus and you always have to click a refresh button when adjusting search parameters. This is different from the hub, which is more for user setup.
  • The Fuze app is not always the most reliable. While being able to use it to call from your work number anywhere is nice. Calls sometimes have one-way audio and, on occasion, caused users calls to go directly to their voicemail.
  • The user portal could use a refresh as well. Some of our users use an e-fax number for sending documents to clients. The feature is often missed because it is hidden inside a menu instead of being out in the open.
Setting up new users is a big thing that Fuze does well and it's something that helps save time as well. There have been a couple of times where we've needed to get some last minute new hires setup quick. Using the Fuze hub lets me create a user, assign their service, assign a number, and assign them to a brand new phone in about 10-15 minutes. I don't need to put in a support ticket and wait for their team to do it.
Read David Scalise's full review
Chris Librel profile photo
Fuze is being used in all departments in our organization. Our sales department uses Fuze for their day to day calling, customer meetings and interactions. We also use Fuze in all of our meeting rooms. It addresses our voice\telecommunication needs.
  • Once setup and properly configured, audio quality with Fuze is great.
  • Fuze eliminates the need to purchase hardware handsets as calls can be made via the Fuze application and wireless headset.
  • Provisioning new users and removing users once they leave the organization is very quick.
  • Increase compatibility with various wireless headsets.
  • Adding the ability to forward to a number via App settings vs portal.thinkingphones.com
  • Use the same password to login to Fuze app and Fuze portal
  • Option to record calls via Fuze Application
Fuze is well suited for day to day communications between teams. It is also well suited for the sales organization who take inbound and outbound customer calls. Our technical support team also uses Fuze and it works well for them as well. Fuze would be less suited if using on a machine which uses a lot of CPU, as audio quality may be affected.
Read Chris Librel's full review
Travis McKeone profile photo
Fuze is the cornerstone of our business operations. We utilize the Contact Center package for our BDC and Collection efforts. The tools make it easy for our staff to view current volume and ensure low wait times. Also we have created an interactive IVR that helps us record all closings for consistency and a clear compliant close.
  • Easy to Deploy services and configurable by non-IT individuals
  • Reporting has always been very easy and provides valuable insight
  • Telephony that just works and is completely stable.
  • Support always could use improvement. But this is the case at any organization.
  • Investment in additional Contact Center tools
  • Provide more self-help abilities
Fuze is a great fit for organizations that do not have a heavy IT staff. The training is super easy and simple and can scale with your growth.
Read Travis McKeone's full review
Trent Martin, PMP profile photo
We implemented Fuze to replace our aging (and expensive) in-house phone system. The voice and ACD components have been absolutely fantastic. We have since implemented for customers of ours as well with nothing but good reviews.
  • Voice Calls - soft phone has been able to replace my desk phone while still maintaining all the functionality that I had before and then some.
  • Portability - I run this frequently from my iPhone when I need to contact folks and need their number or if I just need to join a meeting while I’m the road and then easily transition to my softphone once I’m at my computer.
  • Portability 2 - I can run this from home when I’m working remote with no issues.
  • Sound quality is very good!
  • We tried the Fuze conferencing but it was just too difficult for external users to easily get connected correctly. We ultimately moved to Zoom which is very simple for people to understand and use even if they have never used it before.
  • I have no other complaints.
Voice calling and ACD are great uses. I would not at this time be able to recommend the conferencing piece.
Read Trent Martin, PMP's full review
Eoin OConnell profile photo
Fuze UCAAS is used across our company within the back office and front office. And also within the Contact Centre.
  • Fuze for Mobile
  • FCC
  • Limited hardware
  • Desktop
  • Billing not accurate and complicated
  • Instability with the UCAAS platform
  • Unknown and unexplained issues regularly occurring. For example, wireless phones going offline.
  • Poor account management and customer engagement.
Basic collaboration and 1:1 video and conference calls when it works well.
Read Eoin OConnell's full review
Danny Guttman profile photo
Fuze replaced and is still in process of replacing our old hardware phone system across the entire organization.
  • Fuze is a modern solution for communication in and out of an organization.
  • It acts well as a softphone system, from my perspective its best use in the U.S.
  • Works as a conferencing tool, both for audio and video.
  • Functionality outside the U.S. still needs improvements, in audio quality and range of dialing options.
  • First level support is poor.
  • Complicated requests from tech support take too long and are very clumsy.
Fuze is a good softphone solution if you are implementing it within the U.S.
Worldwide, the company needs to adjust itself to different time zones and improve the quality of the audio service. Technical support also needs serious improvement.
Read Danny Guttman's full review
Aaron Hall profile photo
We use Fuze across our entire organization. We also use it in our Customer Service call center and our Crisis Response Call center. The instant messaging feature is probably the most widely used part of the platform although we use all modules from the company. The consistency of the customer service and dependability of the product addressed some pain points we had experienced with previous vendors.
  • Instant messaging using a single contact list across the organization.
  • Easily configurable and manageable call center module with data reporting on the user level.
  • Video conferencing is easy to use and integrates well with other applications such as Google Calendar and Outlook.
  • We would like a bit more control over the user account names. At this point, we have to put in a ticket to change a username.
  • At times the size limitation for eFax has been a challenge, but we have found ways to work around that.
  • I would like to see a bit more customization availability on their web portal.
Fuze is extremely well suited to support our customer service and first-time appointments call center. The creation of accounts for the agents and management of the call queues is very straight forward. The data center redundancy of the company provides us with the peace of mind needed in a system that is available 24/7 like in our crisis call center.
Read Aaron Hall's full review
Mark Goin profile photo
February 26, 2019

Overall Strong

Fuze is being used by my contact center as the billing agent and softphone provider.
  • Fuze is good at offering value-added services.
  • Fuze is good at working through solutions to help our contact center.
  • Fuze has honored their promises.
  • Fuze has been slow to respond to billing questions and issues.
  • Fuze reps do not always join our weekly call to discuss issues.
Fuze is well suited to help partners with a phone provider make a launch successful. Fuze has been helpful in troubleshooting issues, though Fuze's customer service support is not always strong.
Read Mark Goin's full review
Luke Ferrel profile photo
We use Fuze as our contact center solution. They provide all phone services for our agents. We previously had all hard phones, but recently moved to soft phones (pc based)
  • Cost Effective
  • Simple to use
  • Responsive customer Support
  • APIs are pretty bad
  • A lot of the work has to be done on their end, which leads to delays. Would be great to be able to manage software independently
  • No adherence or availability measures. On break, etc., doesn't work. The system can be buggy.
I would recommend Fuze if you are a small shop that is starting up, or you don't want to use advanced analytics. They are cost effective, and their customer support is really top notch.

If you want to integrate with several other platforms, or have advanced analytics I would not use Fuze. They try very hard, but their integration with outside software is subpar
Read Luke Ferrel's full review
Jeff Dowdle profile photo
We utilize Fuze as our enterprise VOIP system. It is currently supporting our main office and 6 remote offices. We had an on premise system and decided we wanted to go to a hosted solution to reduce support cost and provide greater reliability.
  • They have responsive support which was important in our decision because we do support other clients and need high availability.
  • They have high availability. We had previously been experiencing outages and this was a driving factor in our decision to make a change.
  • They have very good reporting. We are able to get greater views into our calls than we could previously.
  • I would like to see improvements in the soft phone and have the ability for it to control a physical device. Our previous solution was more of a software solution and we could have all the ability to either use the physical device or our computer. It is the one feature our users miss.
If you want to offload the management of a phone system then I would recommend Fuze.
Read Jeff Dowdle's full review
The entire organization is using Fuze for Unified Communications for our local and remote workers throughout North America. Using Fuze allows for ease of availability, communication between teams, and allows for our customer service teams to accept calls into their queues.
  • Microsoft Integration
  • Video Bridges
  • Continual updates that resolves or expands capabilities
  • Better support
  • More consistent user experience depending on connectivity
  • Quicker response when screensharing
Fuze has allowed our local and remote workers to keep in touch using chat, calls, video conferencing, and call queues. Having a single solution that has our needed functionality has allowed for improved support and training throughout the organization. The offering is very dependent on network capabilities (LTE/WiFi) so taking calls from mobile devices can be difficult.
It is being used primarily as a cloud PBX with collaborative tools as a bonus.
  • It works
  • It is truly ATAWAD
  • It continues to improve
  • User interface
  • Bandwidth usage of collaborative tools
  • The color
When a company is looking at upgrading its PBX ecosystem and wants to skip any further investment in IP telephony.

Hosted PBX (52)
Multi-level Interactive Voice Response (IVR) (49)
User templates (37)
6.3
Call reports (58)
6.5
Directory of employee names (67)
Answering rules (61)
Call recording (59)
Call park (46)
Message alerts (59)
Video conferencing (49)
Audio conferencing (56)
Mobile app for iOS (58)
Mobile app for Android (48)

About Fuze

Fuze is a global cloud communications and collaboration software platform for the enterprise. The platform is designed to enable seamless transition between calling, meeting, chatting, content sharing, and collaboration on any device. The vendor’s value proposition is that Fuze empowers the digital workforce anytime, anywhere, and across any device.

Headquartered in Boston, MA, Fuze has additional locations including New York, San Francisco, Seattle, Ottawa, London, Amsterdam, Aveiro (Portugal), Paris, Munich, Zurich, Copenhagen, and Sydney.

Fuze Features

Cloud PBX Features
Has featureHosted PBX
Has featureMulti-level Interactive Voice Response (IVR)
Has featureUser templates
Has featureCall reports
Has featureDirectory of employee names
Call Management Features
Has featureAnswering rules
Has featureCall recording
Has featureCall park
Does not have featureCall screening
Has featureMessage alerts
VoIP system collaboration Features
Has featureVideo conferencing
Has featureAudio conferencing
Does not have featureVideo screen sharing
Does not have featureInstant messaging
Mobile apps Features
Has featureMobile app for iOS
Has featureMobile app for Android

Fuze Videos (2)

Fuze Downloadables

Fuze Integrations

Salesforce Service Cloud, Zendesk, Microsoft Office 365, ServiceNow, NetSuite, Zoho CRM, Sugar Sell (SugarCRM), Bullhorn CRM (unpublished), Skype for Business (formerly Lync), Microsoft Dynamics 365 (formerly Microsoft Dynamics CRM)

Fuze Competitors

RingCentral, 8x8 X Series (Formerly Virtual Office), Mitel MiCollab, Dialpad, Slack, Avaya Intelligent Xperiences Contact Center, Microsoft Skype For Business, Cisco, MiCloud Connect (formerly ShoreTel)

• Does not have featureFree Trial Available?No