Overall Satisfaction with Gainsight
Currently, we are using Gainsight solely within our success organization. It's been great at providing us a holistic view of the customer as well as providing our CSMs alerts when a customer is in jeopardy. We love the customization options as well as the reporting and dashboards. The ability to track how we are interacting with our customers and then watch what happens afterwards has been instrumental in proving the value of the success team.
- Love the health scoring functionality. It's great at providing a holistic view of your customer's health.
- The rules engine and the ability to customize alerts for risk has been incredible for our CSMs. We can enter data to trigger an alert when a customer's usage drops off, and they are more likely to churn.
- The analytics and dashboarding are great. It's incredibly helpful to be able to set up a subscription to send our executives and leaders information about how their teams are performing at whatever cadence they want.
- More ability to be able to set up different profiles. We currently have several teams with different needs, and it would be great to have the option of customizing the experience for each instead of one size fits all.
- More syncing with Outlook/calendar. Would be great for our CSMs to be able to set up an EBR in Gainsight, and then, have it sync to their Outlook calendars.
- Better organization for reporting, playbooks, rules. It would be great to have some sort of folder system to be able to better organize all the different areas that can get cluttered.
- Definitely increased employee efficiency. The health score and alerts have enabled our CSMs to have better visibility into at risk customers and prioritize their time accordingly.
- Better Customer service. The CSM has everything they need to know about a customer at hand before calling, so they are better prepared for calls/appts.
I would say Totango is probably the closest, but the Gainsight interface is much better and user friendly from my experience. I love the integration with Salesforce, and you don't get that with ever other software that's similar. Since we signed with Gainsight, we haven't considered leaving due to the fact that we couldn't ask for better service, so comparable products don't necessarily appeal to us without that level of service.
Our business is very complex with lots of products, and even in that scenario, Gainsight has proved to be a great tool to help our CSMs organize their day, have a holistic view of their customers, and track their interactions. I'm not sure there's a situation where I wouldn't recommend it. On top of that, the support team and our CSM truly treat us like their only customer.