Groove Reviews

<a href='https://www.trustradius.com/static/about-trustradius-scoring#question3' target='_blank' rel='nofollow noopener'>Customer Verified: Read more.</a>

TrustRadius Top Rated for 2021

Edward Lu | TrustRadius Reviewer
Groove is currently being used across our entire revenue generating teams. An issue we faced is time management and with only so many working hours in a day we wanted our team is focus on revenue generating tasks. Luckily because of how smoothly Groove is integrated with Salesforce we are able to not only sync data back in real time, but we can also update objects directly from within Gmail. Given our team spends most of their day in Gmail it is a no brainer for us to utilize this feature.
  • Salesforce Integration
  • Easy to use/setup
  • Real-time sync
  • Access Salesforce from within Gmail
  • None come to mind
Groove is great because the platform allows you to customize itself based on each teams specific responsibilities. Not everyone has the same access in Salesforce so the Groove experience is different throughout the org.
The platform is simple, clean, and easy to use. We are able to onboard new hires within the day because of how intuitive the tool is. The customer success team is attentive and hardworking - it is easy to get ahold of them if any questions or concerns come up.
Because of how we have customized our Groove instance our reps have saved 3-4 hours a week on CRM data entry. The activity tracking allows management to run accurate reporting to better understand where our deals are in the pipeline. The activity sync allowed us to build processes on the backend to eliminate manual entry for our team.
Read Edward Lu's full review
May 25, 2021
Kevin Pineda | TrustRadius Reviewer
Groove is a big part of how I am able to speak to my clients so efficiently. It allows me to come up with different templates / gives me a notification when they open any emails. Can't imagine working without it, it's part of my everyday activities. Everyone in my company uses this as it allows us to be able to stay organized while keeping it very streamlined and simple.
  • Email templates
  • Notifications when one opens emails
  • Shows your activities throughout the week / month
  • Sometimes it doesn't notify me right away or at all
  • A bit slow at times, but mostly works smooth
  • Not many issues to be honest, it's a great product
Groove is well suited if you are constantly reaching out to different people and have a specific template. It shows you at what time and even location the person is when they open it which allows you to have a sense of the situation at hand. Can't think of a time I wouldn't be using groove as it always comes in clutch and allows me to get my work done properly.
A 10/10 simply because it allows me to do so many different things in one sole product. It has allowed me to stay organized and keep moving forward with my career because of all that this product offers me and my co-workers. Can't imagine working without it at this point.
We save so much time using groove simply because it allows me to put in a calendar link that allows my clients to book meetings with me at any time. Everything is automated and streamlined that overall does everything I can ask for. The activity tracking is the icing on the cake for me and I plan to use this for a long time.
Read Kevin Pineda's full review
March 29, 2021
Matthew Burke | TrustRadius Reviewer
I believe Groove is being used across our whole organization. We all have access to using it. We use it to automate sales by creating templates, etc. We also use it to communicate with Google Suite and our CRM, Salesforce. It primarily creates efficiencies for our front-line staff, outbound sales teams, relationship managers, and marketing.
  • Templates - These save a ton of time and help to reach a lot of clients and targets quickly.
  • Integration - works very well with Google Suite and CRM/Salesforce to avoid redundancy.
  • Scheduling - Makes scheduling live and virtual appointments and sales calls very easy through clickable links sent via email.
  • Automation - send emails at a later time, create pardot for future client and prospect touches.
  • Glitches - sometimes searches for integrating with CRM are clunky or wrong.
  • Template Draft - a preview pane that shows the actual email the end user receives would be helpful - I end up sending drafts to myself 3-10 times.
  • Flows - I'd like to learn more about these. A hover over question mark to explain icons/etc. would be helpful also so I don't have to take tutorials to learn new Groove features.
Groove is especially well suited for communicating value added services, products, education, content, etc. with both existing clients as well as sales targets and prospects. Groove is excellent for personalized mass communication for sales development and lead generation. Groove eliminates redundant activity like retyping the same information or copying and pasting it into different programs. Groove is great for scheduling meetings with clients and prospects and it syncs immediately with everyone's google calendar, which eliminates back and forth email negotiation or phone calls with everyone's busy schedules.

As great as Groove (and all tech) is, there is still no substitution for picking up the phone or sending a hand-written thank you note ;)
Read Matthew Burke's full review
March 12, 2021
Sarah Buzzelli | TrustRadius Reviewer
Our sales team uses Groove to automate our outreach as well as share learnings internally as to what subject lines and email templates have the highest open and reply rates.

Prospecting is time-consuming and Groove cuts down on that time by allowing us to automate our outreach with multi-step flows, incorporate tasks and call steps and easily move contacts into new flows as needed.

I also like to use Groove to automate my post-call and post-sale outreach as well.
  • Groove offers A/B testing which is helps in identifying what emails and/or subject lines work best.
  • Groove connects with Salesforce for quick and easy prospecting.
  • The Groove scheduling link is especially helpful and easy to use. 95%+ of my calls and demos are scheduled through the link.
  • It would be great to have insight into what are the best days and times to send emails based on the data from my activity.
Groove is perfect for automating outbound outreach. It is quick and easy to create Groove flows, multi-step emails, and Groove scheduling is included as well, making it even easier for your prospects to schedule a call with you. Groove connects with Salesforce and also includes a dialer option for calls, making tracking and prospecting faster. You can also create individual templates for one-off emails.
Read Sarah Buzzelli's full review
March 04, 2021
Phillip Gray Clark | TrustRadius Reviewer
As an Account Manager who manages a good number of partnership, I often find myself getting bogged down in some of the more organizational tasks. Scheduling check in calls, contract calls, and other time sensitive meetings is always a constant in my day to day, but I don't find myself with the time to set up hundreds of meetings. Groove allows me and my team to create personalized and friendly communication chains to mass groups with such ease. What would take me over an hour can be done in under 10 minutes with Groove. Additionally, as I reach out to my clients, Groove's tracking features allow me to look at response rates, click rates, and helps me refine my communication strategies. I have noticed my colleagues are able to distribute communication templates with ease that they have sent to clients, and I can easily apply my own personalized touch and get those out the door!
  • Mass Email Communications
  • Click Rates/Engagement Rates
  • Insight as to who is reading your communications, when, and how many times
  • As a data nerd, I would love to see an expansion on data metrics (how long did they view the email, did they click attachments)
Groove is amazing for sending mass communication, data tracking and insights, general automation of communication
I can't think of any scenarios in my day to day where I find it less appropriate, because I feel I use one of the many features multiple times a day! It truly has taken so much of the legwork and time consuming activities off of my plate, and allowed me more time to interact and engage with my clients!
Read Phillip Gray Clark's full review
June 15, 2021
Liz Romero | TrustRadius Reviewer
We use Groove in lots of different ways at Weedmaps. I specifically use it for sending out mass emails and checking to see who opens my emails and when so I can track everything.
  • Mass Emails
  • Email open tracking
  • For what I use Groove for I really don't think there needs to be much improvement. It is great!
Sending out mass emails, email tracking, follow up.
It is super user friendly and helps me stay on top of emails/tracking.
I save about 3-5 hours a week using Groove.
Read Liz Romero's full review
June 15, 2021
Earl Minney | TrustRadius Reviewer
My company uses Groove for email mainly. It makes emailing different student prospects much easier. It gives students the ability to schedule time for me to have a phone meeting as well. Groove also gives you the ability to save emails as favorites. This makes it easier to send more emails a day and at a faster pace.
  • Saves Templates that you can send to any student. This gives you the ability to send these emails faster.
  • You can use template folders for certain subjects. For example a certain student may be interested in financial aid. I have a financial aid folder that holds certain emails that can I can send with a click.
  • I feel that Groove could organize my folders for me easier.
  • The email reminders are not strong. I believe an email from Groove should remind you.
Groove is a strong tool that my company uses on an everyday basis. I believe any company who emails their clients often should truly consider Groove. Groove can simplify your day with saved emails in a template which will not force you to type the same email you can have saved. As we all know time is of the essence. So if you are a company looking to help your employees maximize their time, I believe Groove is for you.
If my team or I ever had an issue, Groove supported us with troubleshooting.
Read Earl Minney's full review
June 05, 2021
Matthieu Di Pol Moro | TrustRadius Reviewer
We use Groove across the whole org. In sales, we can analyze flows, build templates, use analytics to get better at what we do and understand what works, or not. This helps our Sales Ops team to collect feedback and build new strategies.
  • Insights and data (talking time, number of calls, volume).
  • Hand raisers; understand where leads come from and when.
  • Groove calls; ability to make calls through the app.
  • Integrations with SFDC or other tools could be more accurate.
  • Automated flows could be easier to understand - I did not have support at the beginning.
I am using it, therefore I consider it useful for my day to day routine and business. Automated flows, insights, incoming leads, distribution are all key differentiators that are making my easier.
As said before, it can be overwhelming at first, as I did not have support or training around how to use the platform.
This does not apply to me much as I am very strategic on my deals and clients. However, very useful to create new leads and sales insights.
Read Matthieu Di Pol Moro's full review
Tristan Toliver | TrustRadius Reviewer
We are using Groove to automate a lot of our outreach to potential clients. It is being used in our Sales department and allows us to take the thinking out of outreach and focus more on managing our pipeline.
  • Automate outreach.
  • Reminders.
  • Creating a system to follow.
  • Editing Flows shared by others.
  • Recommending templates.
It is well suited in sales environments and customer facing roles.
It is easy to use and is pretty straightforward. A lot of features that you can use once you get more comfortable with it. I am still learning of new features!
I save a few hours a week with Groove just because it automates a lot of the tasks that take up time.
Read Tristan Toliver's full review
David Pape | TrustRadius Reviewer
In my position, I use Groove to build out e-mail campaigns to reach our prospects en mass. This allows us to get our name out quickly to large audiences with the ability to follow-up as people open the e-mail.
  • Tracks e-mail opens.
  • Allows us to put specific people into a follow-up queue for reach out.
  • It does everything I need it to! And more!
Setting up multi-day campaigns with automated follow-up steps and tracking communications.
Sometimes the functionality is more than I need or use and so setting up the automations are difficult for an elementary user.
Hard to gauge, but the time savings are tremendous. Hours and hours.
Read David Pape's full review
May 24, 2021
Greg Larsen | TrustRadius Reviewer
We use Groove across multiple departments at Lingotek. Our sales team uses Groove to create efficiencies in the email prospecting process. They are able to create flows that allow us to create consistency in our prospecting efforts. These flows also allow us to decrease the time to onboard and ramp a new sales rep. They give us analytics on which strategies and email templates are having the most success so that we can make changes and increase our chances of success in the future.

In our customer service department we use Groove to make sure that all customer interactions are automatically logged to Salesforce.
  • Easy-to-use interface and user controls
  • Complete customization of the app to integrate with Salesforce exactly how we want it
  • The data analytics and reporting functionality are superb in identifying the best email templates and cadences.
  • The pricing is more on-par with the value. Not over-priced like some of their competitors.
  • Small team, but very nimble and willing to listen to customers. They respond quickly to any customer service request.
  • User management on the admin side is a little confusing at times.
  • Sharing templates amongst reps and teams has been a little finicky in the past, but seems to be fixed for us now.
Groove is a perfect prospecting tool for a growing SaaS company that is looking to add some automation and efficiency to their prospecting process. They are priced in a good range for you to not have to ramp your license count and you can get going very quickly with them. If you are looking for a tool that is going to adapt to your process and strategy rather than you having to adapt to its process and capability, then Groove is the right tool for you.
They are always ready and willing to help with any questions that I have. Sometimes the initial person doesn't have the answer but they always go and find it for me.
Read Greg Larsen's full review
May 19, 2021
Christy claire | TrustRadius Reviewer
Groove is a fantastic platform for organizing sales, it is playing a wonderful role in our organization. It has enabled me to manage my sales activities, previously it was very hectic to manage a great workload and I
was facing many difficulties in handling the client’s data, which was affecting
my record maintenance too. Now Groove is the key solution to all my worries.
  • Groove has provided me insight into my daily work and keeps a great record of my all workflow.
  • I never face any issue in tracking any client’s previous history and its reporting has helped me a lot in finalizing the leads and updating my client with the latest information.
  • It has helped me to get connected with my team. For me now the email handling is very easy, through numerous emails I can easily search the latest one. Groove provides me the simplest inbox and helps me in organizing my everyday marketing stuff.
  • This is absolutely a great tool but sometimes its mobile application fails to work properly.
  • There are some deficiencies in its design. Moreover, it is quite difficult to customize this tool.
This is the best ever software which is equipped with so many amazing features and also it has very reasonable pricing. I assure you that Groove will provide you effective reporting and it will summarize for you the entire detail of the sale’s cycle which will ultimately help you in taking better steps.
It is a time-saving and user-friendly platform. Overall, I never faced any issue among my team about handling the same client’s conversation, because it was happening previously and we were lost in this matter. Further, its mention feature has provided me much ease and help to easily mention my certain team member so that he can directly handle the case.
Its automation features are providing smart services which also can be customized efficiently. Automated sale campaigns have become easy to handle and easy to figure out the effective results in reporting.
Read Christy claire's full review
May 13, 2021
Pranav Lal | TrustRadius Reviewer
Groove is primarily used by our Sales and Customer success teams.
It helps our BDR teams to create templatized emails and then create automation of sending them to potential customers as means of doing pro-active outreach.
It can be used for running email campaigns and targeting specific set of customers that meet your desired criteria.
It is also used by AEs to share content with customers.
Users can get notified when their email has been read and forwarded.
  • Email templates.
  • Email campaigns.
  • Outreach.
  • Dynamic target list.
  • It doesn't automatically create contacts or leads in Salesforce when you have an email in your Gmail.
  • It cannot tie emails to opportunities and generate analytics around that.
Well suited for:
  1. BDR/SDR Outreach.
  2. Tracking email.
  3. Auto-drip campaign.
  4. Targeting specific customers.

Not suited for:
  1. Mass emails.
  2. Auto creating contacts based on email conversation.
It is an email plug-in on top of your Gmail and hence is relatively easy to use. It can, however, increase the load times.
At least 8 hrs per rep.
Read Pranav Lal's full review
March 21, 2021
Andrew Schuermann | TrustRadius Reviewer
The Sales department uses the tool as a Sales Enablement software to easily track prospects through workflows, create flows and monitor the success of email templates & ROI of your outreach. It allows you to set up call cadences, emails, LinkedIn, text campaigns, etc, all in one centralized place. The best part about Groove is that it syncs with your Salesforce & Sales Navigator tools for prospecting, creating a seamless experience for Sales teams.
  • As you work prospects through your day-to-day workflows, Groove makes it easy to take and track notes during calls, emails, etc.
  • Build out templates that allow you to understand the metrics behind your outreach.
  • The customer support team is readily available and can troubleshoot most of your problems during a 10-minute call. I appreciate this.
  • Increased functionality with tracking and email engagements.
  • Be able to automate the process of getting leads into flows from LinkedIn directly.
  • Preview functionality can be improved.
This is a great tool for Sales Enablement & Sales Outreach teams that are dealing with high volume outreach campaigns, logging calls, etc.
Read Andrew Schuermann's full review
March 20, 2021
Kelly Fox | TrustRadius Reviewer
Groove is being used by the Growth department at my company. Specifically by the SDR team both inbound and outbound as well as the Account Executive team. The SDR team implements Groove to generate automated outreach using email, call, and LinkedIn steps. The Account Executive team uses Groove to house templates for ongoing formal outreach to prospects in their pipeline. Ultimately Groove helps automate our outreach which is imperative to productivity and our revenue growth as a company overall.
  • The Omni bar syncs to our CRM Salesforce allowing me to quickly access a summary of the lead's profile before engaging with them.
  • The automated outreach generated by the flows created allows for a clean, productive outreach as studies have shown leads respond best to 8 or more touchpoints which again is seamless using Groove automation.
  • The LinkedIn outreach along with the calls and emails allows for a multi-channel outreach strategy that ultimately garners results.
  • Groove dialer is not always the most reliable in terms of call quality.
  • Groove dialer outcomes can be better as well. I wish we could tailor them more to our company and industry-specific. For example, as an SDR I do not book a demo but book a discovery call. It would be nice to be able to adjust the dialer outcome to say book a discovery call.
I would more than recommend Groove. It is an imperative tool for automated outreach. It may not be appropriate if you are a smaller company with fewer leads to manage where automation is not necessary.
Read Kelly Fox's full review
March 20, 2021
Gareth Gordon | TrustRadius Reviewer
Groove is primarily used within our Sales department and it helps us with tracking email cadences and customer engagement. We use the Groove Flow functionality to automate email sending to prospects that engage with us through multiple marketing efforts. We also utilize the Groove Scheduling tool to suggest available time slots for our prospects to choose from. Groove integrates with the team's calendar and syncs back activities to Salesforce. Management can therefore draw reports on these activities to see which accounts are being prioritized and which ones are falling through the cracks.
  • Integration with Google Suite and Salesforce
  • Groove UI is user friendly.
  • Groove after sales support is great.
  • The Groove analytics could be improved a bit. There are a lot more data that Groove can show but the user (admin) cannot draw reporting on.
  • Activity tracking: How this links to the Salesforce record could be improved. If there's no Salesforce contact/lead saved, the activity isn't recognized.
  • Company-wide flows aren't visible to the admin. It's useful for an admin or manager to check a user's flows but you can't see them unless you log in as them.
Groove is well suited for tracking your emails and seeing that engagement; it's valuable information in a sales environment. Groove is well suited for quick access to Salesforce or your Google Calendar. Groove does a great job at providing you the tools you need to engage with your prospects in a meaningful way. Reporting from Groove is something it's less appropriate for.
Read Gareth Gordon's full review
March 19, 2021
Cody Green | TrustRadius Reviewer
I use Groove on a daily basis to both reach new customers as well as manage my relationships with existing customers. It is extremely efficient in both regards and I wouldn't be able to conduct my role on a day-to-day basis without it. Its integration with Salesforce and Gmail is something that also makes the product stand out from others.
  • Mass email communication.
  • Synergy with other communication service providers.
  • User friendliness.
  • Make a better point of notifying you when it needs to be updated.
  • Grooves internal servers can sometimes be slow and timely to use when crafting a template.
  • I find the internal search engine for templates also very slow and hard to use.
Groove is great if your role requires you to reach a large target audience in a controlled and efficient manner. I mainly use the product to mass email 100-200 partners at a time. This Groove is great and I would not be able to conduct my role on a day to day without it. I am less likely to use Groove If I need to email 10-15 partners at once—it is much faster for me to just simply copy and paste the contents of the email in which I would like to send.
Read Cody Green's full review
March 13, 2021
Camden Abbey | TrustRadius Reviewer
Groove is being used to send out emails to customers using templates and then customizing them to our liking before we send them. It also helps us see the analytics after the email is sent on the customers activity level with that email. It is also helpful when setting up a string of emails in a duration of days cadence.
  • Giving detailed analytics of what the customer does to the email after being sent.
  • Shows meeting - If a customer comes up on my list more than once and I already have a meeting scheduled with them it will let me know with an icon so I do not reach out anymore.
  • Makes being organized a lot easier for someone who hasn't had a great past with organizational skills.
  • sharing flows created by other users.
  • updated a message after their is a command already in the flow.
I think that Groove is perfect for a team that sends a lot of emails and calls. You can set up a list of how many times you want to call/email a group of customers. You can also incorporate LinkedIn messaging as well. This reminds you to do the action that you put in place at the start of you reaching out to the customer. Makes keeping organized a lot easier.
Read Camden Abbey's full review
March 09, 2021
Joe D'Agostino | TrustRadius Reviewer
Groove is used by sales for outbound and efficiencies. Now we have the ability to add and remove users directly from Salesforce. This can be done in bulk using reports or one at a time directly in the contact record. Groove is used both by AE's/sales and SDRs. Previously I used a plugin that wasn't Salesforce native.
  • Map to SFDC
  • Log activity
  • Send emails
  • Load time
  • Auto format color/text (turn this off)
  • Pull "," and "inc" from companies and fields (turn this off)
It's well suited for a large volume of outbound emails, quick activity logging, activity insights, quick reports, LI navigator, and contact mapping.

Less well suited for quick load times, executives sending few emails or having an assistant sending emails on their behalf.

I would say that strongest standouts are the Salesforce integration and the Chrome plugin. They work almost seamlessly all the time.
Read Joe D'Agostino's full review
March 04, 2021
Tom Lintsen | TrustRadius Reviewer
Groove has been implemented across the whole organisation integrating with both Salesforce and Google Suite. It helps me and my colleagues stay structured with our outreach, build in a quality standard and prevent us from wasting time switching from tool to tool. For me as a newbie to Sales it has really helped me to build structure into my day to day, stay on top of my tasks and achieve my monthly target.
  • Consolidation of the most used sales tools into one
  • Giving statistics on performance and quality outreach
  • Predictions for activities due today is inaccurate most of the time
  • I would've like to have a direct calling feature integrated as well
Groove is good for any sales team that wants to focus more on solid outreach rather than being busy managing your agenda and following up with forgotten leads. To be fair, I wouldn't know which sales department wouldn't have benefit from this platform.
Read Tom Lintsen's full review
March 03, 2021
Tara Harris | TrustRadius Reviewer
Groove is being used by the sales team and I am incredibly happy with the product. The integration with Salesforce has been awesome and they have been super helpful with customizing different things that makes our job easier. I've used similar products in the past and my biggest complaint is ease of getting reports from SF to the cadence/flow.

The biggest business problem that it addresses is the ability to reach out to current clients and prospects in a streamlined way. Also highly recommend the omnibar built into gmail to update SF.
  • Salesforce integration
  • Ease of use
  • Gmail integration
  • Can slow down Gmail/calendar
I would definitely recommend Groove to all of my colleagues - I think it is incredibly easy to use and there are so many features I'm sure I haven't even tapped into.
Read Tara Harris's full review
June 18, 2021
Mark Cabahug | TrustRadius Reviewer
It's used by all of our departments as a dialer. In my own department, we use Groove as a dialer to do outbound calls.
  • Auto dial
  • Creating a log
  • Very easy to use
  • Very easy to setup
  • The auto creation of log sometimes has delays
  • It would be best if it can generate a call URL right away
It is well suited for calls that needs to be recorded since the URL link is auto-generated, However, its less appropriate when it fails to do so.
Due to its user friendly setup and such simple tool to use.
More or less 1hr at least.
Read Mark Cabahug's full review
Mitchell Grimes | TrustRadius Reviewer
Groove has been a great asset for me and our SDR org! We can use it and help streamline our processes when it comes to email and call outreach!
  • Automated emails.
  • Automated workflow.
  • Makes your job easier.
  • Simple Onboarding!
  • Access to more phone are codes per user.
  • Everything else is awesome!
Suited great for anyone in sales or marketing!
It is so simple and very easy to use!!!!!
At least 15 hours.
Read Mitchell Grimes's full review
Marcela Lahoz | TrustRadius Reviewer
We use it to send automatic e-mails to customers to optimize our time, it is very practical.
  • Program e-mails and make our days easier.
  • Help the after sale interaction with customer.
  • Monitor salespeople performance.
  • The platform is still a little complex.
  • I don't like the automatic e-mails.
  • Timing.
Groove has made my job so much easier.
It is very nice and easy to use.
I think I save 3 hours a week, or even more.
Read Marcela Lahoz's full review
Yan Kerzhner | TrustRadius Reviewer
We use it to dial out. It is being used by the entire sales department to call out, by the managers for call quality control and to monitor metrics, and by customer support.
  • Dialing out.
  • Metrics.
  • Recording calls.
  • Bulk emails.
  • I have no complaints. Love it!
Great for refining your pitch and tone after listening to your own sales calls and those of others.
Easy to learn and easy to use.
Overall it shortens my sales cycle allowing me to close more deals and star in touch with current clients and follow up with prospects.
Read Yan Kerzhner's full review

What is Groove?

Groove is the leading sales engagement platform for enterprises using Salesforce, specializing in ease-of-use, ease-of-administration, and cross-team collaboration. Built for the needs of full-cycle sellers, Groove automates non-sales activities so that pre- and post-sales reps can spend more time building relationships and generating revenue.

On average, Groove gives revenue teams 20% of their time back to focus on higher-value activities. Groove’s Salesforce-native architecture can be customized to align with industry-specific workflows while ensuring more accurate reporting and forecasting, lower compliance risk, and streamlined administration.

Over 70,000 account executive, sales development, and customer success representatives use Groove at some of the world’s largest and fastest-growing companies, including Google, Uber, BBVA, and Capital One.

Groove Features

Has featureSales Dialer
Has featureSales Automation

Groove Screenshots

Groove Videos (3)

Watch Groove Explainer Video - Learn how the leading sales engagement platform for Salesforce gives sales, account management, and other customer-facing teams 20% of their day back.

Groove Downloadables