GoAnimate Video Program Review
June 09, 2016
GoAnimate Video Program Review
Score 10 out of 10
Overall Satisfaction with GoAnimate
GoAnimate has been used within my Learning & Development department but the output is viewed by the entire organization. We use it mostly within training courses to include short videos, but also as stand along training clips or announcements of new information.
- Having the ability to upload your own images into the program is one of its greatest features. This allows you to really customize the output to your organization. You're able to really make things come to life this way!
- I really enjoy the way the scenes build upon each other so that you don't have to rebuild something from scratch each time as you might have to do with other programs.
- The ability to customize characters is a fantastic feature of the program. In our organization we've used it to create 'characters' who look like actual people in our organization. That, coupled with voiceovers from the actual associates adds a nice touch to the videos.
- It would be nice if you were to remove an object from a scene that was in the middle of your video, the program would send a prompt to ask if you'd like to remove it from all future scenes as well. Often, I will add something, only to be asked to take it out later and the only way to do this now is to delete it from each scene individually. I wouldn't want it to do it by default, because sometimes I really do just want to take it from 1-2 scenes, but if it was an option, that would be great!
- If there was a feature available to automatically attach a voice file to a particular scene when uploaded based on the name of the file. For example, if the program gave you a suggested file name for each scene, you could create all your voiceovers with those particular file names and then bulk upload and have the system automatically attach the files to their respective scenes. That would be very nice and save a lot of time!
- We've been able to provide training in a remote manner on many topics regarding communication techniques. The reason for this is because the program really allows you to make the conversations come to life. Being able to train on these types of topics without the added travel expense has been a great ROI for our organization.
I can't say exactly which one I would recommend more, but the pros of BranchTrack are that they offer the ability to upload voicefiles which will automatically attach to each scene, saving A LOT of time. They're program is also very easy to move scenes around in and having the ability to reroute someone back to an earlier scene is nice. It also provides the user interaction vs. just watching a video. However, GoAnimate on the other hand allows you to customize background and scene layouts a little more than BranchTrack does. It's also better if you don't want the user interaction.
The program is very appropriate for training on conversation techniques. It's great to show how a conversation should go. It also works well to show the steps to certain things in the retail world. For example, processes for approaching customers, opening the store, setting the alarm, restocking, etc.