Video Marketing Software
These products won a Top Rated award for having excellent customer satisfaction ratings. The list is based purely on reviews; there is no paid placement, and analyst opinions do not influence the rankings. Read more about the Top Rated criteria.
Video Marketing Software TrustMap
TrustMaps are two-dimensional charts that compare products based on trScore and research frequency by prospective buyers. Products must have 10 or more ratings to appear on this TrustMap.
Vidyard is an enterprise video platform built to turn viewers into customers with in-depth insights and robust integrations with different customer relationship management (CRM) and marketing automation platforms.
Wistia specializes in Brand Affinity Marketing for small and medium-sized businesses. Wistia's video marketing software is designed to enable companies to create captivating viewing experiences on their sites and gives them the tools to find, engage and grow a community of brand…
Sendspark helps businesses connect to customers with personalized video messages. Whether the user is an individual, manager, or enterprise, Sendspark can be used to create polished videos for demand generation, sales, or customer success. Videos can be shared in Gmail, LinkedIn,…
Dubb is a video communication platform that offers business users a platform to send personalized, trackable videos. Based in Los Angeles, the company was founded by technologists with specialties in marketing automation, artificial intelligence, and machine learning. The Dubb platform…
Renderforest Video is an online video production platform that promises to allow individuals and businesses to create “broadcast quality” videos for private or business use. It is free to use and anyone can register as a user in a few simple steps. Renderforest features paid upgrades…
Vimeo PRO is an enterprise video platform built to host and provide full high-definition videos with presentation customization and detailed reporting for users.
CloudApp is an instant video, image, and screen capture platform for professionals. The vendor says CloudApp is the fastest way to record and embed video, GIFs, screencasts and marked up images throughout business workflows (e.g. software development, design, customer success, support,…
Vyond (formerly GoAnimate) is a cloud-based platform for producing custom animated videos. It is used by educators as well as in business contexts by advertisers and content marketers, and for demos and presentations. Vyond has a drag and drop interface and includes libraries with…
Brightcove Video is a video hosting and publishing solution. The company also provides a cloud media processing product called Zencoder.
BombBomb in Colorado Springs offers a video messaging and marketing platform to accelerate and personalize sales processes. The video, which integrates with Gmail, Salesforce, and Outlook, provides open tracking and video response capabilities, reminder and notifications, reusable…
Olapic is a content marketing tool specifically focused on visual marketing content. It allows a brand to locate, curate and publish user or fan photos into its own marketing material and website, sourcing many sites (e.g. Instagram, Twitter, Tumblr, Facebook, etc.), and sending…
New Zealand based Wipster offers their video publishing and analytics platform that supports marketing teams with publishing data, view and engagement data, and detailed metadata, contained within an organized media asset library.
Mindstamp, headquartered in Melbourne offers software to help users turn any video into an intelligent and interactive viewer experience. The tool can be used to drive viewer action, increase engagement and gain insight. Mindstamp enables users to create personalized, dynamic and…
According to the vendor, Hippo Video is a DIY video personalization platform for businesses. The platform can be used to create and send mass in-video & hyper-personalized video email campaigns at scale to book more meetings, track opportunities, and close more deals effectively.…
Lumen5 in Vancouver aims to enable teams to create social media content in minutes, working with enterprise brands, organizations, and creatives to produce engaging videos that get results. Powered by AI and designed for business, the vendor states their platform allows users to…
Hapyak is an interactive online video platform built on HTML5. It is used by content marketers to engage prospects, train employees, and measure content engagement. It is used by universities to engage students, quantify online participation, and implement flipped classrooms.
AdPlayer.Pro provides publishers, brands & agencies, and corporate clients with an ecosystem of outstream video advertising solutions. Among these: Ad-enabled HTML5 video player with advanced self-serve capabilitiesOutstream solution for publishers of non-video inventory Video…
vidIQ is a YouTube audience development and management suite that helps brands and agencies grow their views and subscribers, from the company of the same name in San Franciso. vidIQ's solution assists YouTube Marketers through their workflows, including uploading their videos at…
PlayPlay is an online video maker that any communication professional can use to produce, in minutes, videos ready to publish on social media, blogs or on internal channels. Stories, interviews, news clips, events and product promotions, job offers… Engage audiences with video!The…
VEED aims to make professional video production simple. Its online video workflow tools allow teams to record, edit, review and share video. VEED has single-click features such as auto-subtitling, translations, transitions, custom branding, social media formatting, animated templates…
muse.ai provides video hosting and streaming for businesses and individuals. Using muse.ai, users can store, share, and embed videos and video collections. It features content based search that lets users find moments of interest. Includes a lightweight video player that supports…
What is Video Marketing Software?
Marketers use video marketing software to create videos to promote a product or service and to integrate them into their marketing campaigns. The videos inform customers regarding the use, value, and lifestyle context of the offering to drive sales and increase website traffic.
The software helps automate the media buying process and provides analytics to optimize marketing video performance. Video marketing software is a subset of content marketing tools.
To help businesses create effective marketing videos for their target audiences, the tools give video creators full control of content and personalization. The videos can be interactive with calls to action, embedded links, forms, polls, quizzes, graphics, text, and animation.
Integration with CRM systems, and marketing automation software facilitate personalization, embedding brand content, scheduling availability and distribution, and help measure video performance and engagement.
Marketing videos can then be posted on social media, embedded on business websites, customer portals, and can be embedded or linked to in email campaigns and text messages. Video marketing software is used by marketing teams, video specialists and technicians, and digital agencies. Some video marketing software platforms host a client’s videos on their platform, others will use third-party, streaming, or enterprise video platforms for hosting.
Video Marketing Software Features
Features offered by video marketing software vendors typically include:
- Video builder (screen and webcam recording, advanced video editing, music and dialog editing, mobile compatibility)
- Embedded interactive elements (calls to action, links, forms, polls, quizzes)
- Graphics, text, and animation
- Customizable video player, thumbnail, logo & brand
- Video content management, reusable content, video repurposing
- Audience personalization
- Ad campaign integration
- Calendar Integration
- Lead capture, survey, customer response, feedback capture
- Distribution (video email, video messaging, social sharing)
- Video SEO
- Restricted playback options such as company domain limitations or age-related
- Integrated video hosting with guaranteed service level agreements
- Split A/B testing of personalized, targeted video
- Lead tracking, conversion analytics
- Analytics dashboard and metrics (viewer demographics, location, device type, unique view counts, downloads, retention and click-through rates, tracking performance)
- Integrations (CRM systems, marketing automation software, digital asset management software, content management systems)
Video Marketing Software Comparison
Before investing in a video marketing platform, consider the following key factors:
- Features and Skills: Video marketing software products offer many features. Different types of videos require different editing capabilities. What are the skill levels of the people producing the videos? Are they able to handle more sophisticated productions or are basic skills sufficient for your needs?
- Costs: The purchase of these tools is only the first step in creating a successful video marketing campaign. Understanding the goals and related costs of your video productions will help you evaluate this software.
- Integrations: Integration with existing CRM systems, marketing automation software, digital asset management software, or content management systems will allow you to take full advantage of what video marketing software has to offer. The integrations add intelligence, consistency, efficiency, and a wide range of resources for your video productions and marketing strategy.
Video marketing software is usually offered as a software-as-a-service (SaaS) on a monthly subscription basis.
The pricing can range from $0 (i.e. free) for plans with very limited usage to over $2,000 a month for fully-featured products. Most entry to mid-level products range from $39 to $500 a month.
Pricing is primarily determined by the range of features provided, the size of the video library supported, and the number and scale of related system integrations. Enterprise-level products require obtaining a vendor quote. Free trials are often available.
The following Video Marketing Software offer award-winning customer relationships, feature sets, and value for price. Learn more about our Best Of Awards methodology here.
Frequently Asked Questions
Key benefits of using video marketing software include:
- Improves marketing effectiveness – if “a picture is worth a thousand words” then a video exponentially increases the chances of successfully communicating your marketing message.
- Increases understanding of the product or service – It helps create product awareness, stimulates product interest, and accelerates conversions.
- Creates positive business outcomes – it can help boost sales, revenue, and traffic.
- Increases customer engagement – it can help educate customers and prospects, offer useful tutorials and troubleshooting help, and can build brand loyalty.