Can't go wrong with a well-established brandhttps://www.trustradius.com/ad-serving-retargetingGoogle Ad ManagerUnspecified8.5731012019-03-19T15:34:20.950Z
March 19, 2019
Can't go wrong with a well-established brand
Score 8 out of 101
Overall Satisfaction with Google Ad Manager
We are serving our direct and programmatic ads using DoubleClick ad server and share the instance with other Hearst newspapers. Normally each newspaper can only access their own insertion order. We, like some of the Hearst newspapers, manage the ad ops of another newspaper. So we are able to manage the operations of two companies. We basically use it to manage ads like uploading creative and make changes as well as to pull reports.
- It allows you to change a lot of attributes for the line items.
- The report function is versatile, allowing different types of queries.
- It does not allow different user permissions. We have to pay for an order entry app/platform for order entry people to enter orders so they won't mess up with the system.
- The reports takes a long time to run.
- The reports lack visualizations.
- Some reports cannot be automated because some of the queries do not have enough dynamic dates options such as 'ends X days ago'.
- It continues to be a solid performer to serve our direct an programmatic ads. We have no plans to replace it.
We used to use Yahoo APT. It really sucks because of the poor reporting and forecasting capabilities. GAM's forecasting is pretty reliable and the reporting is easy to use.
You can't go wrong with Google Ad Manager (GAM) if you are a large company because they are the king of ad servers. However, if you want to cope with the big data needs nowadays, you may need to pair it with some BI tools for visualizations. Also if you want better user control and order entry interface, you may need to consider an order entry platform to interface with it.
Google Ad Manager Feature Ratings
Google Ad Manager Support
They always respond in 24 hours and can get the answers most of the time. For questions which cannot be answered initially, I don't need to escalate. The rep will ask their 'colleague' if needed..
Problems get solved
Kept well informed
No escalation required
Support understands my problem
Support cares about my success
Quick Initial Response