Google Ads: The Only Choice for UsWe use Google AdWords to manage the entirety of our digital ads. I am the sole user at our company, but I have trained others in its use. My role is essentially to make sure that when I am gone it can run without interruption or need from anyone else. Google Ads addresses a very specific issue—that we need to market in the online sphere, and with Google being one of the most powerful engines (and entities) out there, it would be irresponsible not to use it.,Interface. You can understand how to build the ads very easily. When you first begin, and throughout the process, there are little help icons which explain what you need to understand. Pricing. By this, I mean the ability to change it at any time. You can select a variable rate, or you can preset it. Either way, you can change how much you spend every second if you'd like. This makes it easier to control your budget if you need to make emergency purchases and don't have much space in your budget. Always growing. They are always announcing something new. Always growing and always trying to update.,Support. Not that they don't call or offer help, it's that our account people are bullies. I tell them I don't have time, so I am insulted and told that I need to get in front of the laptop otherwise I have "failed the company." I have never had a situation where I wasn't bullied by our Ad reps. They don't respect or value our time, which can make their calls frustrating. Too quick on support. They don't take the time to understand the product. We are a preschool which shares a name with a popular motorcycle. An Ad rep insisted he knew the company so well that he could help me within five minutes. After being interrupted frequently, I just let him continue to tell me how I "could increase awareness of our aerodynamic seat design by creating ads with those keywords..." Better management of trademark keywords and program awareness. We switched over to a new site, the domain changed for about ten seconds. All of our ads were unapproved and put on pause. The email stated it would be fixed very quickly, but I had to go in for the last 3 days to reactivate each one individually.,7,We have increased our conversions by 600%, and we weren't starting from a small number. It has helped us grow in the digital space, which is vital in this climate. Because of the ability to edit ads as we do, we are able to customize and carefully plan ads. We have over 1,500, uniquely specified towards certain situations. We can make sure that we start the relationship off right!,Bing Ads, Yahoo Gemini and AdRoll,BothGoogle Ad Manager - Good to UseOur organization uses Google Ad Manager in order to manage our advertisers' campaigns, but we also use the whole publisher and advertiser suite in order to offer products. To put some perspective here, we as a CMI are a sales house for different Grupo Carso companies, and we have strategic alliances which allow us to have a pretty broad product portfolio for every advertiser need. Having said that, Google Ad Manager helps operations team to do all that on a day to day basis; we also integrate some of our data platforms into Google Ad Manager so we leverage both 1st and 2nd party data.,The UI is very easy to understand. They have made some changes lately for good, I think The integration for 1st party data from other platforms is very transparent, allowing you to identify audiences via the internal code from the data platform itself The integration with Data Studio is something we love. This is pretty useful when presenting info to high level teams,If you have a slow internet connection you might suffer Sometimes reports are so slow to load Internal processes, such as whitelisting external platforms, may take some time,9,Negative: the pricing is higher than average Positive: standardizing the properties that we manage is a good thing Google's support has positively impacted our business, as we used to have lack of support with other platforms,Smart AdServer, AppNexus and ONE by AOL,BothGoogle Ad Manager brings in the leadsGoogle Ad Manager is used by both our internal digital marketing team and an external agency. We run a bulk of our ads through there and carefully watch our ROI on all our buys. We love it because it gives us the power to make changes to buys quickly based on market changes and budget needs.,The platform does a good job establishing a hierarchy of ad groups, ads keywords etc to make things easier to organize. Reporting is flexible and mostly easy to use. You can incorporate 3rd party info into buys to connect sales to spend.,I think sometimes it needs a wizard or a template for certain actions to make it quicker to do. An easier way to clean up legacy issues in accounts. Sometimes it runs slow, even in Chrome.,9,A positive return has been the ability for us to really monitor ad spend and adjust when things are not working. We also love the reporting, and its ability to adjust data points to fit different needs.,Bing Ads,B2BThe Integrated Ads SolutionWe use Google Ad Manager to gain actionable insights within the Ad Manager dashboard. We are able to review performance benchmarks, revenue growth opportunities, and view granular reporting metrics which influence our strategy. All the suggestions we receive are customized to our business and current trends, as result we are empowered to make smarter decisions.,A robust native ad creation tool. Ad optimization suggestions. Granular data that integrates multiple platforms.,It would be great if the tool enabled advertisers the ability to review and report brand/trademark infringement. Needs a custom ap (not the Google Ads app),8,We now have a more streamlined data review process. Users are empowered to my quicker data decisions. We are able to review multiple platforms performances integrated into one place.,Adobe Analytics,B2BSimple tool for Google usersThe Google Ad Manager helps us analyze and view our Google ads clearly and even in real-time. It gives us the insights we need to improve future Google ads.,The data analysis part is clear and very useful. We are able to manage all our ads in one place, very convenient. Easy to use.,It takes a while to get used to the platform but once you get it, it's easy to manage!,6,It helps us be more organized and know where we are at in the industry. Quickly tell the story behind numbers and come up with new suggestions for the next ad.,,Both,2,1,We use it to analyze our existing ads performance and see how they are working out for us We use it to predict future ads performance It offers an overall dashboard for us to see the our campaigns all together and compare,Google ad manager grows with our business, as we expand to have mobile friendly pages, it allows us to track that too. AMP service helps us serve our mobile suers better and deliver better user experience.,we are looking into using it to expand our service even further maybe not just mobile but across all different devices including notepads, etc.,7
Google Ad Manager

Google Ad Manager Reviews

Google Ad Manager
Filter 28 vetted Google Ad Manager reviews and ratings

Patrick Stephens profile photo
February 07, 2019

Google Ad Manager Review: "Google Ads: The Only Choice for Us"

• Interface. You can understand how to build the ads very easily. When you first begin, and throughout the process, there are little help icons which explain what you need to understand.
  • Pricing. By this, I mean the ability to change it at any time. You can select a variable rate, or you can preset it. Either way, you can change how much you spend every second if you'd like. This makes it easier to control your budget if you need to make emergency purchases and don't have much space in your budget.
  • Always growing. They are always announcing something new. Always growing and always trying to update.
  • Support. Not that they don't call or offer help, it's that our account people are bullies. I tell them I don't have time, so I am insulted and told that I need to get in front of the laptop otherwise I have "failed the company." I have never had a situation where I wasn't bullied by our Ad reps. They don't respect or value our time, which can make their calls frustrating.
  • Too quick on support. They don't take the time to understand the product. We are a preschool which shares a name with a popular motorcycle. An Ad rep insisted he knew the company so well that he could help me within five minutes. After being interrupted frequently, I just let him continue to tell me how I "could increase awareness of our aerodynamic seat design by creating ads with those keywords..."
  • Better management of trademark keywords and program awareness. We switched over to a new site, the domain changed for about ten seconds. All of our ads were unapproved and put on pause. The email stated it would be fixed very quickly, but I had to go in for the last 3 days to reactivate each one individually.
It is only suited for marketing. Make sure you have analytics on your site to track the people coming, final sales, and conversions because it is at it's best when you can use it to really read and understand the data at hand. Google Ads does everything it needs to in ads, and you don't need to be an expert to begin with it. However, I would not just tell someone to "go create an account" if they know very little about digital ads. Consult with someone first. It can be a little daunting if you were to do that!
Read Patrick Stephens's full review
Erik Vega profile photo
November 15, 2018

User Review: "Google Ad Manager - Good to Use"

• The UI is very easy to understand. They have made some changes lately for good, I think
  • The integration for 1st party data from other platforms is very transparent, allowing you to identify audiences via the internal code from the data platform itself
  • The integration with Data Studio is something we love. This is pretty useful when presenting info to high level teams
  • If you have a slow internet connection you might suffer
  • Sometimes reports are so slow to load
  • Internal processes, such as whitelisting external platforms, may take some time
If the site that will be managed by Google Ad Manager is somewhere between medium and big I would recommend starting immediately with Google Ad Manager. You might find it easy to ramp up into the dynamics of the whole Google Ad Tech platforms, as sometimes this can be very frustrating.
Read Erik Vega's full review
Brian Nizinsky profile photo
November 14, 2018

User Review: "Google Ad Manager brings in the leads"

• The platform does a good job establishing a hierarchy of ad groups, ads keywords etc to make things easier to organize.
  • Reporting is flexible and mostly easy to use.
  • You can incorporate 3rd party info into buys to connect sales to spend.
  • I think sometimes it needs a wizard or a template for certain actions to make it quicker to do.
  • An easier way to clean up legacy issues in accounts.
  • Sometimes it runs slow, even in Chrome.
It is well suited for small marketing departments that want to have control of their spending and see immediate returns on their spend. It also scales well to larger marketing departments with different levels of permissions being able to be granted.

If you do not know what you are doing then this is not the platform for you. You need to do your homework and "read the manual" before using since you can end up wasting a lot of money very quickly.
Read Brian Nizinsky's full review
November 18, 2018

Google Ad Manager: "The Integrated Ads Solution"

• A robust native ad creation tool.
  • Ad optimization suggestions.
  • Granular data that integrates multiple platforms.
  • It would be great if the tool enabled advertisers the ability to review and report brand/trademark infringement.
  • Needs a custom ap (not the Google Ads app)
It's a great tool for businesses with scale, the actionable insights provided is the true value of the tool. Smaller businesses may find the analytics and suggestions found within Google Ads (complemented by Google Analytics) to be sufficient for their needs.
February 04, 2019

Google Ad Manager Review: "Simple tool for Google users"

• The data analysis part is clear and very useful.
  • We are able to manage all our ads in one place, very convenient.
  • Easy to use.
  • It takes a while to get used to the platform but once you get it, it's easy to manage!
It's great for companies like us that relying on Google products. We have Google ads, Google analytics, G suite, and many other Google products. So it's easy to share and integrate among these applications. It's simple to use if you are already a Google user too!

Data Transfer (2)
DSP integration (2)
Ad campaign creation (5)
Ad deployment (5)
Display advertising (5)
Ad display and retargeting segmentation (4)
Sequence targeting (3)
6.7
Ad dashboards (4)
Ad performance reports (5)
Ad conversion tracking (5)
Ad attribution reporting (4)
Cross-channel ad management (4)
Ad forecasting and optimization (4)

About Google Ad Manager

Google Ad Manager is a platform for publishers that combines the former DoubleClick for Publishers and DoubleClick Ad Exchange products.

Google Ad Manager Technical Details