Simple and Effective
October 02, 2019
Simple and Effective
Score 8 out of 10
Overall Satisfaction with Google Ad Manager
We use Google Ad Manager as a tool in our marketing campaigns for the company when we are running ads to drive traffic to various landing pages optimized for conversions or when we drive traffic to our main website. GAM is a good overview high-level snapshot of where we stand in our campaigns.
- GAM makes the data analyzation process seamless, they offer many different display types/charts and even allow us to run algorithms/machine learning on the data.
- GAM is constantly updated and has a strong release schedule for bugfixes, maintenance, and new features. Google seems to really care about this project.
- The reporting functionality is robust, allowing multiple query types that are even friendly to non-developers.
- Speed - I know its a website that's doing lots of data calculations, but there has to be a way to make this better. Even using enterprise internet solutions I have had a decent amount of lag from page inception to data displaying.
- API - When I wanted to pull a report to display on a backend system for a web application, the API was a bit complicated for doing a simple data extraction REST API pull.
- User Management - This has been a difficult aspect/pain point for us when we utilize sub-contractors or take on different clientele. Having different user permissions (or explaining how to implement it easily) would be a huge plus for us going forward.
- We have seen value in using GAM to monitor our campaigns and get a high-level overview of where we are at.
If you are already utilizing the Google Ecosystem for your products/company, then this solution just makes sense. Google allows many of their apps to talk with each other, and if you don't mind making a deal with the devil, this solution would be your best bet for PPC/SEM. Lastly, though my company is by no means at scale, I have been told by many people that GAM works very well at scale when driving towards the enterprise level.