Overall Satisfaction with Google Ads (formerly AdWords)
Google Adwords was being used to direct potential customers to our website. It is seemingly easy to set up and places our website closer to the top of the page. Campaigns and ads are easy to create. However, just like every big business, customer service is lacking. When you ask for help because there is an issue on your account, you get automated messages. Moreover, unless you are a professional, you are wasting your money. I spent hundreds of dollars per month to get calls from people that were not local or wanted a completely different product. This product is not good for a small business.
- Charging your credit card
- Ignoring your requests for help
- Sending automated messages when you ask for help
- Customer Service in the support department.
- Allowing people to speak to human beings that are actually there to assist you when there are issues with your account.
- Directing your ads locally.
- Costs a lot to get it to begin to show progress.
- Lots of rules that a layman would never understand. Their resolution for that is a web page utilizing ad language that never actually helps you resolve the issue. When you attempt to reach someone for help they redirect you to a website and state that all you can do is reach them by email. Then rather than answering your questions, they send the same response to you over and over and the problem is never resolved.
- Uses a platform that you feel you are stuck using because they are so well known.
- ROI has not really been that great honestly. We've spent thousands of dollars each year only to get a few customers each year.
- We get most of our customers by referral, not from Google.
- It's super complicated to figure out the actual ROI.
If you are a small business, I would not recommend Google Ads. Use a company that will appreciate a customer who has spent over $30k on advertising with them and is willing to help and actually allow that company to speak to a human being if there are issues on their account.