Overall Satisfaction with Google Drive
Google Drive was used by my whole organization to facilitate communication and collaboration on documents and projects. More than 60 percent of employees worked remotely, including myself, so we stayed in contact often through Google Drive. The main need of our company was to be able to see real-time changes to projects or documents made by other individuals on the team, and Google Drive allows for this. One other huge benefit is that the product is free to use.
- Allowed multiple collaborators to work on the same document or Excel sheet at the same time.
- Provided communication features such as in-document comments and messaging.
- Allowed individuals to see past deletions and alterations made to any documents.
- Google Drive's capabilities typically function very well, unless there is a somewhat shoddy internet connection. If there is an unstable internet connection then it can take a while for changes made in the document to be saved. This may make it hard for certain individuals working remotely in areas with an occasionally unstable internet connection to be able to make or see any changes themselves.
- Though I can't speak to hard numbers, Google Drive has saved me time in terms of communicating and collaborating with the rest of my team. Especially on Google Docs, it's very easy to see if someone has left any edits or comments for me to review.
Dropbox is a great alternative to Google Drive for collaboration and tracking real-time document changes. However, Dropbox only provides 2 GB of free storage space before it starts charging a fee while Google Drive offers 15 GB of free space. Overall Google Drive has all of the storage and collaboration tools I need while allowing me to save on the price.
I give it this rating because I have never had to use Google Drive customer support - which means that I really never run into issues with Google Drive.
Do you think Google Drive delivers good value for the price?
Are you happy with Google Drive's feature set?
Did Google Drive live up to sales and marketing promises?
I wasn't involved with the selection/purchase process
Did implementation of Google Drive go as expected?
I wasn't involved with the implementation phase
Would you buy Google Drive again?
Google Drive is very well suited for businesses or organizations of any size that collaborate on projects frequently, or have material that needs to be stored and easily accessed by everyone at the company. It is especially useful for small teams that are editing or creating documents together as it allows each team member to see any changes made and post comments directly in the document when there is a misunderstanding.
Google Drive Feature Ratings
Google Drive Implementation
It's an extremely easy software to implement, once you sign up for a google account you automatically have access to google drive with a set amount of storage space. The business or Google Suite accounts have more storage space than a regular free account, but setting up and accessing google drive is very easy in both cases.