Overall Satisfaction with Google Drive
It is used throughout my organization. It allows everyone from around the world to collaborate and work on documents simultaneously. Google Drive is so easy and quick to use. Uploading documents takes just a few seconds and you can upload a bunch of them. You can also make folders to organize things. It's like having a shared computer drive.
- It is great for collaborating.
- Great resource for organizing and planning events.
- You can upload multiple kinds of documents and formats.
- Privacy is great.
- You have to have a Gmail to use Google Drive.
- Others cannot view documents without having a Google account.
- It can be hard to find things at first.
- If you upload a Word document for collaboration, it will mess up the formatting.
- It helps workers to collaborate efficiently.
- It saves time by allowing everyone to access up to date files simultaneously.
- It is a totally free resource.
Google Drive is great for collaboration on documents shared with big groups. It also has privacy features to encrypt the file, which is phenomenal, especially for sharing audio files that have personal information or are to be transcribed. It does not have a live video feature so Webex and Zoom are better for if you need that. It is great for working in remote areas and you can often access Google Drive offline and work on the documents while traveling without Wifi. Word is better for if you are working on something alone.
It takes a few days for customer support to get back to you. Although, I have not had to use support too often. Once you get an email back, they are very thorough and work hard to fix the problem quickly. It is a really great resource and a great way to get the help you need if you're stuck. A phone call also works quickly but you have to call during specific times.
Do you think Google Drive delivers good value for the price?
Are you happy with Google Drive's feature set?
Did Google Drive live up to sales and marketing promises?
I wasn't involved with the selection/purchase process
Did implementation of Google Drive go as expected?
Would you buy Google Drive again?
It is great for group work and planning/organizing events. If you are working independently, it isn't super helpful or useful. You can't use it to host meetings for project collaboration, although you can send people links to your document and control the privacy of it. It also is great for sending audio files, especially if you want them to be private (you can adjust this to public, private, access by link only). Privacy and security are really good.