Overall Satisfaction with Google Trends
As a blog looking to make an impact on our region we study Google Trends in order to find out what is trending not only nationally but at a state and local level as well. One of the best features of Google Trends is the ability to study a phrase/trend over time. I love looking at things in terms of a year because you can understand what months certain subjects have more or less interest and you can create your content around that. I also love the related query options so you can also see other relevant subjects.
- Explains interest over time.
- Gives other relevant search information.
- Breaks down information by subregion.
- I wish you could go deeper into the subjects, like see the individual search results.
- I also wish that you could really define the subregions and go to a city by city level.
- It would be nice if you could organize material by age group and genders.
- With a program like this, you don't see a direct ROI. It just helps create a heartier and more strategic marketing plan.
- It's a great way to see a pulse on your community and potential clients to see what's trending and what they are interested in.
- Google Ads (formerly AdWords)
Other Google products I have used would be AdWords. I would use this along with that program since they do entirely different things.
It's great for general information. If you are looking to start a content strategy or need some fresh ideas this is the place to start. But I wish it did dive deeper into a few of the things I mentioned previously.