Google Trends is a search engine optimization software solution offered by .https://dudodiprj2sv7.cloudfront.net/product-logos/US/1t/VP0I6KAABR7Z.jpegGoogle Trends and Your CustomersAs a blog looking to make an impact on our region we study Google Trends in order to find out what is trending not only nationally but at a state and local level as well. One of the best features of Google Trends is the ability to study a phrase/trend over time. I love looking at things in terms of a year because you can understand what months certain subjects have more or less interest and you can create your content around that. I also love the related query options so you can also see other relevant subjects.,Explains interest over time. Gives other relevant search information. Breaks down information by subregion.,I wish you could go deeper into the subjects, like see the individual search results. I also wish that you could really define the subregions and go to a city by city level. It would be nice if you could organize material by age group and genders.,8,With a program like this, you don't see a direct ROI. It just helps create a heartier and more strategic marketing plan. It's a great way to see a pulse on your community and potential clients to see what's trending and what they are interested in.,Google Ads (formerly AdWords),Google Ads (formerly AdWords)Google Trends is Neat!We utilize Google Trends to estimate seasonality for our clients, both with SEO and paid search services, as well as for all digital initiatives. Both our paid media and SEO teams use Google Trends for these purposes, sometimes collaboratively. It addresses business problems such as projecting budget allocations, estimating competition, determining opportunity, etcetera.,Great job at estimating seasonality for different industries & areas of interest. Does well at helping determine potential competition during different times of the year. Does a good job with helping us determine recommendations for clients in terms of tactics, budgets, etc. throughout the year, and with different strategies.,It would be great if Google Trends had more specific data, and wasn't so aggregated. We would like if Google Trends could get more granular into different topics or industries. It would be nice if we could combine Google Trends data with our initiatives in SEO and paid search directly, without having to try to combine & analyze all of that data ourselves.,10,Google Trends has had a positive impact on ROI in terms of helping us project potential costs and returns in different times of the year. It has also helped with ROI on the agency side, as we're able to back up the numbers & budgets we recommend to our clients throughout the year. Sometimes the data is not specific enough, however, and can end up being less accurate than desirable, causing different results than we projected.,SEMRush and SpyFu,SpyFu, SEMRushA free tool every marketer needsWe use Google Trends to analyze keywords and popular search terms. It helps us target the keywords we want to use for our blog posts and social media posts.,Gives insight into what keywords are popular. Gives suggested topics/ keywords.,Some reports are not available for certain keywords due to insufficient data.,10,We have good returns from using keywords we found from Google Trends. Our blog posts have more pageviews. Our keywords ranking is increasing.,,Ahrefs Site Explorer, MozPredict search trendsGoogle Trends is a free tool from Google that allows users to view trends in search queries over time. I’ve used it in my search marketing agency to forecast seasonal fluctuations in search traffic and compare search queries against one another.,Tracking relative search volume over time. Comparing volume for multiple search queries. Forecasting future search volume.,Not a robust keyword tool. Data is general, not specific. Would like to see a professional version beyond the free features.,9,Helped improve my quality of work. Helped predict search queries before they became popular.,Use Google Trends to discover market and competitor trendsGoogle Trends is used by the marketing team, and we use it to inform our marketing strategy. It helps us to understand which of our markets grows or contracts over time, and what terms people use to search in our markets. We also use it to compare trends over time, so we see how our brand name fares against competitors.,It's extremely easy to use. You don't even need an account and it's free! In terms of accessibility, it's a dream. It's made by Google, the largest search engine on earth, so you feel the data is reliable. It creates useful visualizations of the data - including line charts and geographic spreads. It also suggests related topics for further research.,I know Google can't tell us for privacy reasons, but it would be cool to see the actual volume of searches for a term. Everything is shown on a 1-100 scale, which means you only see relative, not absolute data. Google could let you refine searches a bit more with boolean language. I'd like to see a feature which lets you select multiple countries at once. You can only select 'worldwide' or a specific country, which isn't too great if you want to group countries e.g. English speaking, Scandinavia, European etc.,9,Google Trends helps us to focus our marketing and content strategy on what people search for. It gives us a picture of who our competitors are in a market. It tells us whether our markets are growing or shrinking.,Google Search Console, Google Analytics, HubSpot
Google Trends

Google Trends Reviews

Google Trends
TrustRadius Top Rated for 2019
Filter 59 vetted Google Trends reviews and ratings

Rachel Hensley profile photo
December 15, 2018

User Review: "Google Trends and Your Customers"

• Explains interest over time.
  • Gives other relevant search information.
  • Breaks down information by subregion.
  • I wish you could go deeper into the subjects, like see the individual search results.
  • I also wish that you could really define the subregions and go to a city by city level.
  • It would be nice if you could organize material by age group and genders.
It's great for general information. If you are looking to start a content strategy or need some fresh ideas this is the place to start. But I wish it did dive deeper into a few of the things I mentioned previously.
Read Rachel Hensley's full review
Austin Voigt profile photo
October 25, 2018

User Review: "Google Trends is Neat!"

• Great job at estimating seasonality for different industries & areas of interest.
  • Does well at helping determine potential competition during different times of the year.
  • Does a good job with helping us determine recommendations for clients in terms of tactics, budgets, etc. throughout the year, and with different strategies.
  • It would be great if Google Trends had more specific data, and wasn't so aggregated.
  • We would like if Google Trends could get more granular into different topics or industries.
  • It would be nice if we could combine Google Trends data with our initiatives in SEO and paid search directly, without having to try to combine & analyze all of that data ourselves.
We really love using Google Trends for helping our clients in the digital space, both in terms of SEO and paid media strategies. It helps us get a better feel for the landscape of different industries online, the demand for products & services, the competition in those spaces, the seasonality that occurs, and how our strategies fit into all of those things.
Read Austin Voigt's full review
February 26, 2019

Google Trends Review: "A free tool every marketer needs"

• Gives insight into what keywords are popular.
  • Gives suggested topics/ keywords.
  • Some reports are not available for certain keywords due to insufficient data.
It's a free tool every marketer needs to know. It's very handy when you are searching for a popular topic to write about or searching for the right keywords/terms to use in your blog posts or websites.
February 23, 2019

Google Trends Review: "Predict search trends"

• Tracking relative search volume over time.
  • Comparing volume for multiple search queries.
  • Forecasting future search volume.
  • Not a robust keyword tool.
  • Data is general, not specific.
  • Would like to see a professional version beyond the free features.
Well suited for casual research for search volume over time. Not a robust or comprehensive tool by any means. Won’t help you rank for specific queries. I’ve always used Google Trends to fill in pieces of the puzzle I may have been missing and to get inside the heads of search engine users.
February 04, 2019

Review: "Use Google Trends to discover market and competitor trends"

• It's extremely easy to use. You don't even need an account and it's free! In terms of accessibility, it's a dream.
  • It's made by Google, the largest search engine on earth, so you feel the data is reliable.
  • It creates useful visualizations of the data - including line charts and geographic spreads. It also suggests related topics for further research.
  • I know Google can't tell us for privacy reasons, but it would be cool to see the actual volume of searches for a term. Everything is shown on a 1-100 scale, which means you only see relative, not absolute data.
  • Google could let you refine searches a bit more with boolean language.
  • I'd like to see a feature which lets you select multiple countries at once. You can only select 'worldwide' or a specific country, which isn't too great if you want to group countries e.g. English speaking, Scandinavia, European etc.
Google Trends is well suited to giving you an overview of how a market or brand trends over time. It will tell you whether terms are becoming more or less popular, which helps you to plan which content to write.

It also helps you do competitor research for a market - it tells you which brands people search for most, which is a decent proxy for market share.
Greg Dungan profile photo
June 07, 2018

Review: "Google Trends | Good for SEO, Social Media Posting, & Online Ads"

I use Google Trends to identify popular search topics that may be related to my clients' businesses. Then I can use other tools to extrapolate keywords for SEO purposes. The other way that I use Google Trends is to identify popular topics that I can turn into successful Facebook Ads for use in my clients' advertising campaigns.
  • Google Trends shows me geographic locations where a particular topic may be useful for advertising.
  • Google Trends allows me to drill down into those locations to metro and city levels where I can focus on exactly what local business clients need to know.
  • Google Trends allows me to identify and qualify search terms that my client's need to optimize their websites and social media content for.
  • Google Trends shows me what people are talking about in a specific location over a specific period of time. This is a great way to know what I should be posting on social media.
  • It would be nice to have breadcrumbs available so that I can go backward in a particular search. One I click a topic and then click the related terms two or three times, I find that I'm so far down the rabbit hole that the "Back" button in my browser is a really inconvenient way to find my way back to a certain stage of my search. If there were breadcrumbs I could jump directly back to a particular stage and chase another rabbit from there.
  • It's easy to get lost searching in here for an extended period of time. I would be nice to be able to print a report of my whole session when I have finished.
  • It would be nice to have a Top Tends board of job searches or other information related to jobs that are currently popular Google searches.
Google Trends is well suited for inspiring ideas for relevant social media publishing, SEO, and advertising ideas. It is also well suited for finding influencers to contact for influencer marketing and to see popular images searches on Google. Finally, Google Trends is well suited for comparing the search activity for one topic against another to see how they measure up. I do this sometimes when I need to see how a client's website searches stack up against the competition.
Read Greg Dungan's full review
Raghu Nandhan profile photo
August 17, 2018

Google Trends Review: "An amazing free tool from Google to know what the world is searching for the most!!"

We use Google Trends to:
  • Get to know the latest trends in our business
  • Monitor marketing performance - How is our product performing in the market?
  • Brand health: How is our brand performing globally?
  • Competitor check- How are my competitors performing?
  • Create better content.
  • SEO (Keyword Research) - Which particular query is searched frequently?
  • Real-Time data on any given topic using Explore
  • Point out the latest trends: by default it provides the latest trends from all around the globe on the homepage. I can choose the technology that I am interested in, and start doing some research on the trends. This helps me to strategize better on how to use this technology in my projects.
  • Clean UI: Simple and Easy UI, easy to navigate.
  • No Transparency on how the calculation happens at the back end and the numbers are arrived in Google Trends.
It is well suited if you are looking for- best keywords, latest/hottest trends, competitors' checks. It is not well suited if your site doesn’t have a high traffic rate, because then Google Trends estimates the visits of your website, which might not be accurate.
Read Raghu Nandhan's full review
August 27, 2018

Google Trends Review: "Great platform to learn about trends"

In our company, Google Trends is currently used by Marketing department. The tool allows us to find out what is trending now, what was in trends before, and even predict what will be trending in the future. The information from Google Trends helps our marketing managers to have more complete picture of the market for better planning.
  • It is free and always available
  • User interface is clean and very convenient
  • Gives lots and lots of valuable data
  • I wish notifications were more customizable
  • Reports could be more customizable too
  • It'd also be great to have company's profile there and share and discuss results with colleagues in live mode
Google Trends is well suited for anyone who wants to see what is trending. Both businesses and individuals can use the platform for collecting valuable data. It is also a great platform for researchers and students, as it is always good to know how different topics were trending over the time.
Jeremy Waszak profile photo
March 23, 2018

Review: "Find Your Inspiration with Google Trends"

I use Google Trends mainly for content ideation. It is a great place to start if you have a specific topic in mind or even if you are looking for that initial inspiration. Google Trends helps me determine what my client's audience is interesting in at that very moment or in the past.
  • Content ideation. Brainstorming new topics for content your overall strategy and content calendars.
  • The ability to geotarget helps narrow down what your specific audience is talking about.
  • Targeting of trends based on a specific industry
  • Though it has the ability to narrow down results, it would be even better if you could get more specific data
  • I wish I could easily export data and graphics
Never live or die off of one data set. While Google Trends provides useful trend data for content ideation, I wouldn't base overall strategy on just Google Trends data.
Read Jeremy Waszak's full review
Caleb Unruh profile photo
October 25, 2017

Review: "Google Trends: A great place to start in content research"

We use Google Trends to gather topics and research for content curation, content writing, and other content focused activities. It is primarily used by the marketing team to explore topics that would be relevant to our audience and help inspire ideas and brainstorming sessions. Google Trends helps kickstart the creative process for us.
  • A ton of data: Google Trends has it all.
  • Easy searching and sorting: Google knows search, and this plays out well in Google Trends.
  • Geotargeting: being able to zoom in on a specific region is helpful to us.
  • Top charts: would be nice to include top charts for the current month.
  • Explainers: would be good to have some information buttons next to graphics and charts to show in depth what criteria go into making those charts.
  • More images: would be interesting to see trending image searches.
Google Trends is really a great tool to use in content creation, research into what is trending online, and figuring out how to create timely content that fits into what the population at large is searching for.

Google Trends is not ideal for SEO optimization or SEO research. This isn't a technical tool, but more a tool to inspire further research.
Read Caleb Unruh's full review
Lee Whitehead profile photo
January 30, 2018

User Review: "Google Trends for fashion retail"

We use Google Trends to track the "health" of our brand and other related search terms within our industry. It's a great way to highlight trends over time and get a perspective of our standing in the digital world in relation to our competitors. It's also useful in assessing the size and scale of fashion trends and where that trend is in it's lifecyce, allowing us to ensure we don't overbuy a dying trend.
  • Historical data
  • Search volume tracking
  • Competitor reports
  • Visual reporting
  • Data is aggregated so therefore does not provide detail on the actual volume of search activity online
  • Some of the industry segmentation could be improved to provider great insight on specific markets
Trend forecasting
Brand awareness measurement
Historical event analysis i.e: "Black Friday" peaks vs previous years
Read Lee Whitehead's full review
Matthew Bernstein profile photo
November 29, 2017

Review: "Google Trends lets you stay ahead of the game!"

Google Trends is used by the sales and account management functions at my organization as a way to stay on top of what is hot and trending in the neighborhood, allowing the sellers to keep their fingers on the pulse of what the market is interested at the given moment.
  • Constant refreshing throughout the day
  • Aggregated results across various categories of interest
  • Ability to search trends
  • A little more context as to how long a certain topic is trending
  • Ability to sort trends by state, not just country
  • More granular information on trends (i.e. specific members of Trump's administration, rather than the broader topic)
Google Trends is best suited when looking for what is the hottest topic in a given area. As a seller, it is extremely valuable to stay on top of trending topics, whether it be industry-specific or rather information to fodder prospects with. Google Trends is a great way to stay ahead of the game.
Read Matthew Bernstein's full review
Brice Delhome profile photo
February 28, 2018

Google Trends Review: "A great tool to analyze traffic trends on specific domains or events"

Google Trends is a great tool to discover trends on specific keywords. It is really useful to anticipate traffic increase at some periods of the year (for SEA or SEO campaigns).
  • Traffic trends
  • Keyword suggestion
  • Related keyword traffic trend
  • Trend on a specific location
Particularily useful to analyze trends for specific events (Christmas, etc.) or to see evolutions on accessories demand after the launch of a specific product (ex: iPhone X).
Read Brice Delhome's full review
March 21, 2018

Google Trends Review: "Great for quick check of keyword searches"

As a website developer, I use Google Trends to make sure that every site I make is optimised for search engines. This is done by researching the trends relating to the clients' industry/business and then implementing those trends into the website's content to ensure that it shows exactly where and when it should [be] in Google.
  • Provides information on amount of times a keyword is searched
  • Useful for seeing the location of users searching the keyword
  • Allows the targeting of keywords based on trends for an industry
  • I think if they were to add a comparison tool, for comparing multiple keywords it would be very useful
  • It would also be useful to be able to export this info to a graphic
It is most suited to web agencies and SEO companies that are optimising websites to make sure they appear properly in Google.
January 29, 2018

Google Trends Review: "A fun addition to existing tools"

I use Google Trends in a limited capacity to make sure we understand the activity around keywords relevant to our organization. It is one of a number of factors we consider when tailoring online and search ads, web content, and other marketing. I also sometimes use it when considering new initiatives, to make sure what we are pursuing is relevant to potential users.
  • Instant view of trends by geography.
  • Clear visual indications of change over time.
  • Easy comparison of multiple search terms.
  • Limited use when looking for terms specific to organization or industry.
  • Need to have keywords in mind - difficult to find potential relevant keywords.
  • Limited integration with Google AdWords, which is probably the most useful application of the data.
It is well suited for fact-checking assumptions about user needs for search engine optimization, making decisions about search engine marketing, and analyzing performance of organization-specific keywords or campaign phrases. It is not as useful for predictive modeling or planning ahead for new initiatives. It's one helpful tool in a much larger toolbox.
Roel Timmermans profile photo
July 21, 2017

Google Trends Review: "Great to help you compare quick hunches"

Google trends helps us to look at future category and product names. With a similar to current SEO approach we look at whether or not we need to change the way we name our products across the globe. For instance Google Trends also helped us find out that the US en GB market use quite different words in consumer electronics.
  • Comparison
  • Global/local views
  • Branche differentiation
  • Comparing more than 5 words
  • Keep track of your searches over time
It's great for a quick look to confirm your own gut feeling or trends you already have in mind, or to prove it wrong of course. It does not do so well if you start out completely blank or open minded. You may jump to conclusions a bit too fast that way.
Read Roel Timmermans's full review
Kjell Arne Rekaa profile photo
August 11, 2017

Google Trends Review: "Google Trend - a way to read the mind and interest among a broader population"

We´ve used Google Trends to study the popularity of various IT technical languages, tools and software. It might help us to understand what the undercurrent of interests is out there among the rest of the population - if not industry.
  • Google has the best available source of data out there for finding out what people actually are thinking about! (Read: searching for...)
  • Google is innovative in the sense of developing new innovative tools and products within the IT industry.
  • Google is committing to both using and delivering open source and open standards, which is benefiting everybody, just like how science has always worked. It has even worked as a poster child for other IT-related companies, which have not done this from the very beginning.
  • Try to compare the two programming languages: Java and Rust. You will see only a straight line on the bottom for Rust, but if you want to see the TREND between those two languages, Google could offer another scaling on the "underdog" search word, to see increase/decrease within the same time frame.
  • It is possible to download a CSV file, build it into HTML or share it on several social media, but I would like to bookmark any trend I've done and want to repeat at a later stage.
  • What about making a PNG-file for gluing into a report or other (Google) document?
  • I would love to see the following features: Mail me if any search item dealing with medicine start increasing within my geolocation; Mail me if any search item dealing within economy start increasing within my geolocation; Mail me if any search item dealing within politics start increasing within my geolocation; Mail me if any search search item start increasing more than ____ percent within my geolocation
It was really breathtaking to hear the (now several year) old story about how Google Trends knew about the flu spreading weeks ahead of official statistics from WHO ...so [it would be well suited] for any new virus or other sickness. [But] Trends are statistics, and not hard facts, and must be judged as that.
Read Kjell Arne Rekaa's full review
Eamonn Kelly profile photo
March 16, 2017

"Google Trends - Quick Review"

We use Google Trends as a forecasting and historical analysis tool. Data from Google trends is used to make decisions, to justify actions and to investigate historical performance.
  • Easy Interface
  • Granular Segmentation of data
  • Data for worldwide or country specific
  • Mainly just offers one service
  • Data measured against an index - not a real number
  • News articles only given some of the time
Well suited: Quick data visualizations, Geo search interest
Less suited: detailed data information
Read Eamonn Kelly's full review
Vineeth Subbaraya profile photo
November 09, 2016

Review: "How helpful is Google Trends in marketing and SEO optimization"

Google Trends is being used by the website development team at our company. It is being used by the developers to target intended audience by updating the keywords on our website for SEO optimization. It helps us to understand the interests of people in real estate at a particular demography. It also gives us insight about the age group of people looking for apartments or homes to buy. This information helps us to market the right products.
  • Provides insight based on location, age or particular industry
  • Good and easy user interface
  • Maybe include market insights to google trends
Google Trends is suitable for any business since it helps in marketing products for the right users. The data given by google trends is very reliable and helps almost all the departments of an organization. SEO optimization becomes easy with the help of google trends and hence helps both users and organizations.
Read Vineeth Subbaraya's full review
March 31, 2017

User Review: "See What's Up with Google Trends"

A lot of my colleagues and I use Google Trends to stay updated with the current news and happenings pertaining to our clients' companies and the industries they are in. It's not only a good way to stay abreast of what's going on, it's also a good way to see what sources are talking about these companies and what they are saying.
  • Google Trends send updates to your email directly, and so you get the latest news relating to your areas of interest without having to actively search for them.
  • Google Trends can be useful for content research because it shows you the top trending stories in any given day.
  • Google Trends is also great for conducting research regarding a certain topic segmented by location, search topic, year. It's a good way to gauge "seasonality" and "demographic"
  • When you "subscribe" to a certain topic on Google Trends, Google will send emails to your inbox when there are related news. This can sometimes get a bit overwhelming.
Google Trends is great for conducting content research, finding opportunities where a brand name is mentioned, gaging what people are currently interested in, understanding what topics are trending, staying abreast of current events and what people are paying attention to. I consider it an excellent tool for planning out content marketing strategy, because it helps you create topics and content that are engaging and useful.

Google Trends Scorecard Summary

Keyword analysis (18)
Backlink management (7)
4.8
SERP ranking tracking (8)
5.3
Page grader (6)
5.7
Competitive analysis (14)
Site audit / diagnostics (6)
6.2
6.0
Global SEO (15)
Multi-domain support (4)
6.7
Integration with web analytics tools (9)
6.4

About Google Trends

Google Trends is a search engine optimization software solution offered by .