Overall Satisfaction with GoSquared
We use GoSquared on all our websites to track the visitors on our them in real time. Seeing the locations of our users, and the technical details of their browsers helps us make development decisions when deciding what we need to support & ensures we can test with real conditions.
- Analytics are truly real-time - data appears on the dashboard the minute it happens on your site
- It shows you data about exactly who is on your website right now - the number of people, where they are from, their browser specs, etc. on a per-person basis
- It alerts you to unusual changes in your stats so you can investigate the reason why. This can be combined with events to help diagnose issues
- Dashboard is intuitive, but sometimes the data it shows you isn't actually that meaningful - e.g. often the same page is shown multiple times, so it's hard to know for sure which pages are the most popular.
- In some ways, GoSquared's simplicity is one of its downfalls. It does not cover any more advanced analytics, like correlating data, conversion funnels, etc.
- There is a noticeable separation between the real time analytics, and the long term 'trends'. I would prefer for these to be together.
- GoSquared helps us to react quickly to high volumes of traffic, and allows us to identify very quickly how engaging our content is
- Using browser specs helps us to ensure our websites are compatible with as many of our customers as possible, rather than relying on generic global stats
Most of my websites are simple and aren't financial in nature. GoSquared is a great choice for casual websites where seeing the number of people on your website at once is great for showing off.
For simple websites, or if real-time data is of high importance, I think GoSquared is a good fit. In most more complex cases however, you will want to combine it with a more traditional and complete analytics product. If you're happy to wait a few hours for your data, or you want a lot of more advanced analytics, such as conversion tracking, GoSquared is probably not a great fit.