May 30, 2014
Score 6 out of 10
Overall Satisfaction with GoSquared
I used GoSquared as part of a test of analytics software packages, and trialled it on one of my websites. At the time, it offered some real time visitor views that were not available in Google Analytics. Since then I have reviewed the software a couple of times more for similar purposes.
- The live stats view makes it easy to respond instantly to what people are doing on your site, so this is definitely a strong point.
- The ability to choose the widgets shown in your dashboard to customize the data you see is more intuitive than some other packages.
- The ability to unlock rewards that give more functionality is an unusual and fun feature.
- When I originally used GoSquared, I disliked the fact that when you have used up your monthly allocation of page views you can't see new data till the next month (unless you upgrade). This could cause problems in case of a traffic spike. However, this appears to have been addressed.
I have used several analytics packages, including Clicky, Piwik and of course, Google Analytics. At the time when I used GoSquared, it had some unique features, but now the others have closed the gap in functionality, especially in allowing users to create widget based dashboards and see real time traffic updates.
Though I have enjoyed using GoSquared, there's a limit to how many packages you can use without slowing your site down. Google Analytics is a must and Clicky has moved into second place for me because of the breadth of features it offers.
GoSquared is extremely flexible and provides useful reports. As with any piece of software, it's wise to see how it tracks the particular data you are most interested in, such as mobile or social media views, for example. The ability to set alerts for particular visitor thresholds is also useful. However, there are other analytics packages that offer similar functionality.
GoSquared makes it easy to get started, providing everything you need to integrate the code into your site and start seeing and analyzing data.
Easy to use
Technical support not required
Quick to learn
- It's easy to add widgets and configure them.
- Adding the code to your site is simple.
- Dashboard output is clear and understandable.