Overall Satisfaction with Gusto
We have used Gusto since 2015 when they were called Zen payroll. Overall we had been happy with their services until this year. Even last year, when the pandemic was at its worst, customer service was always there to answer questions. On September 30th we had an urgent month end payroll issue that we needed resolved. I was on hold waiting for customer service for OVER 2 HOURS and then gave up and sent an email. I tried again the next morning when they opened and this time they finally answered after an hour. It then took another 45 minutes to get the matter resolved but at least this was while working with a live human. If you do not mind wasting 4 hours on a question that should have been answered in 15 minutes then by all means use Gusto. What prompted me to write this review today was that it is now November 5, 2021 and I finally received a response to the email from September 30th and it did not even answer the question we posed. There was a time when this was a great payroll service but that time has passed. We are shopping for a new one and I strongly recommend that you avoid this one.
- Take my money each month.
- Makes it easy for employees to upload their time and expenses.
- The sync feature between time and payroll is buggy and often has to be run several times before it takes.
- Customer service is THE WORST. It takes hours to get through and if you email them, it takes OVER A MONTH for them to return the email.
- Many features cannot be "undone" without calling customer service. For example, we had a dismissal date for an employee that we entered but then the employee stayed on for a few more days. We could not do that manually on our end. We had to spend 4 hours on the phone and on hold to get this handled.
- Cutomer service is the most imporant and they fail at this.
- Ease of use - it is easy when it works.
- Flexibility - there are some feature you cannot change manually but it is impossible to reach them so that is a problem.
Do you think Gusto delivers good value for the price?
Are you happy with Gusto's feature set?
Did Gusto live up to sales and marketing promises?
Did implementation of Gusto go as expected?
Would you buy Gusto again?