Overall Satisfaction with Harvest
We use it primarily for time tracking -- making sure our employees are counting their time in categorized buckets so we can accurately budget how much time is spent on each internal project.
- Project and task organization.
- Clear visuals of budgets.
- Easy start/stop of timers.
- A pop-up if you are logged in during regular work hours, but you aren't tracking any time, as a reminder to those who get sidetracked.
- Budgets are kept on track.
- Employees forget to track their time and end up estimating.
- New projects are easy to add, saving time.
Harvest is well suited for companies who have remote workers. The ease of starting and stopping timers keeps tabs on the remote workers, and allows them the freedom to take pauses when they need to without wasting company time. It's not as useful for offices where everyone is there for a specific time period, or those who have a very generalized role, such as secretary.