Overall Satisfaction with HipChat
Hipchat is being used for real-time communication across our entire company. Through the use of rooms and private conversations it allows our entire workforce to effectively communicate with each other and keep up to date with company wide discussions. The many features of Hipchat, like document and link sharing, bots and mentions support our day to day activities in the software industry and allow remote team members to be part of the conversation.
- Hipchat is extremely reliable and maintains a consistent uptime.
- Hipchat is constantly being updated and improved.
- I love the integration with bots, we've even written our own custom bot to help with lunch ordering!
- The visual design of Hipchat is a little conservative when compared to Slack.
- In team rooms it can be difficult to track the conversation effectively as there tends to be a lot of 'noise.'
- In team rooms you can't see who is typing a message which makes communication with multiple members a little more difficult.
From our experience Hipchat works well for a software company who has remote workers.