Overall Satisfaction with HireVue
We use HireVue high in the selection funnel as a screening tool. We initially struggled to effectively use HireVue to inform our decision making process. That all changed when I started to record myself asking the candidate the questions versus using just text on the screen for questions. I love having fun with recording the question, I joke around and "interact" with the candidate in a way that would be similar to an in person interview. I have found that this creates a more genuine experience for the candidate and gives us a better interview from the candidate which in turn helps to better inform our decisions. It has been my experience that when a candidate does good with their digital interview they generally do well in their in person interview and have then become good hires with the ability to become productive quickly. I believe that HireVue creates a positive candidate experience that also helps to increase recruiter productivity and reduces time to fill.
- HireVue allows recruiters and hiring managers to give time to other areas of responsibility because they are not spending additional time on the phone screening multiple candidates. They can also discontinue watching a digital interview if they feel the candidate is not a good fit. It is not so easy to end a phone call or an in person interview.
- HireVue gives the candidate a way to make a more compelling presentation of their experiences and what they bring to the position than a traditional phone screen would.
- HireVue allows for collaboration between multiple departments and hiring managers without having to schedule multiple phone screens. We have had candidates complete a digital interview for one position but after viewing it felt they may fit better in another role. Rather than having to schedule another interview we simply assign the interview to the hiring manager from the other department.
- HireVue is an excellent way for companies to distinguish themselves from other employers. The landing page has great corporate branding that can give insight to corporate values and culture. Additionally in an age that is becoming increasingly digital, a company that uses HireVue can show candidates that they are innovators and ahead of the curve. This works especially well with millennial candidates.
- I have found it difficult to contact HireVue for customer support. I had sent several requests that were not answered and when I finally did get someone I did not feel that they were able to help me.
- HireVue has increased recruiter productivity.
- HireVue has reduced our time to fill.
- HireVue has helped find and identify better qualified candidates.
- HireVue has improved candidate experience.
We did not compare HireVue to any other products before purchasing. I will say that since we have purchased HireVue I have seen other products and to me they are poor imitations of the innovator.
I find using HireVue for entry level to director level is appropriate. Once you get to the executive level I find it less valuable. So for us that means that over 90% of our positions are utilizing HireVue in the initial screening process. The platform is incredibly versatile and robust so I am still learning how to truly maximize its abilities.
HireVue Feature Ratings
25 - There are hiring managers from a variety of departments that use HireVue in screening and moving candidates through the selection process.