Reviews (1-25 of 130)
- OnDemand Interviews is a great feature that lets you set up video/multiple choice/codevue questions. You send it to the candidates and they are able to take the interview on their time and in the comfort of their own home.
- HireVue and HireVue Pro apps. This is a great tool for manager and candidates to take/review interviews on the go.
- HireVue has the ability to upload candidates via a CVS file, which is nice when you have tons of applicants.
- We have experienced some technical issues with the Live Interview feature. A lot of time it is because the user's computer settings are not set up correctly.
- They are working on adding a feature that will allow you to edit the email templates. Hoping for this to be released soon as it is nice to have different communications sent out for different cites around the globe.
- Customized CodeVues can be difficult to set up. Recommend having a technical employee help out with this. Would like to see more CodeVue questions added to the Question Library.
- The platform is simple to use for not only the Talent team but our hiring managers as well. Any organization with high-volume recruiting will appreciate any technology that eases the workload of hiring managers and brings candidates to the table quickly.
- Digital videos are easy to share with multiple stakeholders throughout the recruitment cycle.
- The platform is so flexible, since its inception we have designed other types of uses for HireVue throughout the Human Resources department - career fairs, exit interviews. One platform has the capability to deliver multiple programs across our organization.
- Product enhancement or functionality enhancements would be my suggestions - such as the ability to maintain a history tab at the candidate level.
- Once integrated into the hiring process, HireVue can save a lot of time and a lot of money in refining the pipeline of candidates for a specific position.
- The support from the HireVue staff is excellent. They're always quick to respond with helpful answers/best practices.
- 24/7 technical support for candidates, interviewers, etc is always a big benefit.
- Not necessarily a fault with HireVue, but adoption in all regions is often a difficult task.
- It would be nice to have the ability to upload an Excel sheet with candidates' information and automatically send invitations to all.
- Gives pointers and tips by releasing articles.
- Allows you to collaborate with others that can bring more creative solutions.
- Jack of all trades that has more resources that I ever imagined.
- HireVue provides material that allows you to stay up to date with the latest trends etc.
- It would be nice if there was a place to make notes on a particular candidate.
- Managers have the ability to rate candidates, so it helps narrow down a large pool to your top candidates.
- Great customization, so it has to the look and feel of our brand and our culture.
- You get to see who you are hiring and you can put a face to a name and their background.
- All around great tool that is being adopted by many other companies
- A tool where smaller companies can create an intro and closing video.
- Better integration with Applicant Tracking Software.
- Allow companies to go in and change their branding themselves or change the email templates that go out to candidates.
- Streamlines process - candidates can complete at a time that is good for them and recruiters/hiring managers can review at a time that is good for them.
- Simulates an interview before the actual interview - candidates see a video from our President and testimonials from staff about our organization and then see someone asking them a question to which they then reply; they also have ability to re-record their answers, which you can't do in a live interview!
- Provides greater insights into candidates than a phone interview because allows for capturing behavioral characteristics and assessment of professionalism and articulation that are not as easily captured through a phone interview while saving time from having to jump right to in-person interview, which is difficult to do when there are so many vacancies and candidates across a wide regional area.
- Integration with ATS (we have Cornerstone) for allowing managers to access the candidate's resume (and application!) right from the video interview through HireVue. Would help to further streamline hiring process for managers and recruiters.
- Leverage client info by offering clients who are willing to share their videos and questions the ability to access other clients videos and questions who have also signed up for sharing with links right from within system for browsing rather than having to log into customer success centers; by building this library and body of knowledge allows for sharing of ideas and best practices in a way that is accessible when you need it, where you need it, can foster greater use of the system for all
- Allow for using multiple videos in a segment that just transition from one to another so clients that don't have video editing expertise don't have to find someone to join separate videos together into and compress them to fit file size limits
- They are innovative, and are doing it well. Long gone are the days of bad Skype connections and blurred faces.
- Not at a desk? Phew! No problem - their focus on mobile sets them apart and makes it easy and convenient.
- Their customer service is paramount when you are a small company or initially taking on such a long endeavor.
- HireVue is such a great product, however its integration with Greenhouse ATS leaves something to be desired and there are a lot of manual workouts for something that could be seamless. One repeated request is that a hiring manager should be able to view the employee's resume in both systems. But to make that happen - HR needs to download it from the ATS and upload it to HireVue.
- The systems themselves don't integrate that well. We love reschedule - but it doesn't work directly with HireVue - but it does work great with the ATS.
- MORE FREEDOM! Their coaching is great - but once in a while we want to create and be able to change what is in an automatic email. Maybe it is a one time manage, or a way for us to experiment with targeted messaging to stay inline with out recruitment campaigns. They are on the way though as we can now personalize reminders and invitations.
This product also helps us with hiring marketers and other sales positions that will be remote for our clients. It's a large amount of money to bring someone from California to Florida, so when our clients can see a full candidate profile, it is easier for them to justify flying that individual in to their organization.
- They have a phenomenal customer support team. They answer the phone 24/7 and help my candidates with any technical difficulties. They are so nice to my candidates and make them feel like part of the team.
- The video is very user friendly. In this market we have a variety of ages for candidates who take the video interview. Old or young, our candidates find this to be a very user friendly program.
- The video quality is amazing. When you receive a completed video interview it is not "grainy." It comes over crystal clear and it all around is professional looking.
- I would like to be able to add more than one person to a video at once. Yes it's easy now, I just think it would be easier to blast through all of the info then hit "save."
- Not sure why it says "save" instead of "send" when sending out a video interview.
- I'm really trying to find weaknesses and that is why tried to be picky... If I had one more weakness I'd say I want a way to delete old users from showing up. Archiving is not good enough. There should be a delete button.
- Strong support during implementation.
- Consultative support post-implementation, offering best practices to increase Net Promoter Scores.
- Easy to use recruitment solution, accessible via a variety of technical platforms (e.g. phone, tablet).
- Robust reporting to gauge key data around NPS, drop off rates, completion time trends, etc.
- None as of yet - we are one year into our partnership.
1. Does your company have the appropriate bandwidth to stream the videos?
2. How should your company brand the platform to align with your talent brand and overall company culture?
3. How do I create the process to yield a high completion rate?
4. How do I engage with the candidate via the on-demand feature to encourage them to use the built in resources to best prepare for the on-demand interview?
- The Hirevue software is fairly intuitive and easy to use.
- The technical support is always available; the staff are very knowledgeable about the product.
- The Hirevue features are flexible to meet the individual needs of each hiring manager and position.
- We have not been able to successfully complete a live interview with HireVue due to poor sound quality and/or echoing. While they've attempted to work with us in addressing this, in the end, it has been easier to simply schedule a Google Hangout.
- Allows us to see the candidate in a setting where they have to "think on the fly."
- Gives us a physical view of how they conduct themselves in front of a client.
- Not sure, but I don't think HireVue gives candidates great instructions on how to maximize the quality of their video -- I think this would help candidates and observers like me so that video quality/lighting, etc. doesn't get in the way of making a great impression.
- Great customization options for creating interviews. You can customize each interview to fit your opening and the client's needs.
- Good customer service when issues or questions need to be answered.
- You can customize landing pages with your company's brand.
- Great template of interview questions to choose from or you can make your own.
- Some candidates are intimidated to take it so maybe doing a more engaging introductory/ instructional video would help. The one they currently use is good but it could be updated.
- Filters out candidates that have done well on the resume but aren't a good fit for the job.
- Organizes and keeps record of those we've interviewed already so it's easy to remember who we've already considered.
- Allows us to develop our own questions and video responses which can be quickly viewed from my office at work or at home.
- Sometimes videos come through that don't have audio or something is messed up on the video. It would be nice if the system would detect this and let the user know before completing. (Maybe it already does and the user is lacking?).
- Don't show all the user ratings on an individual until you have given a rating. I think sometimes we are swayed by how our peers review someone. I think it would be helpful to not see any of this feedback until the reviews have been completed. So showing the rating and comments after all reviewers have had the chance to complete the review.
- Allows for a standardized screening process where it's not left up to the one person that would traditionally be doing the phone screen.
- Provides the benefits of a Skype/Video interview but in a much more efficient way because both parties can interact on their own accord.
- Gives insight into how a candidate conducts themselves verbally & visually.
- Some candidates find it a bit uncomfortable to record themselves and have mentioned that it's a bit impersonal.
- Using it as the sole tool for screening candidates can have negative impacts as some candidates might not perform well while recording themselves and need human interaction.
- Candidates may shy away from following through with the interview process if they don't have a webcam readily accessible.
- Identifying a candidate's presentation and ability to communicate well.
- HireVue allows the hiring managers sit out for the first round of interviews and select who stood out in the video interviews and hand pick those individuals for additional interviews.
- Shortens the interview process by weeks, no longer are we trying to coordinate schedules for the first rounds of interviews.
- It would be nice to see a video posted online that shows how the interview process works with HireVue, we spend a lot of time explaining this to our candidates and even our client companies.
- More support in getting our client companies onboard with the product. Best practices to keep them engaged in the process.
- Tutorial walking new users thru the process of creating their first interview.
- HireVue allows recruiters and hiring managers to give time to other areas of responsibility because they are not spending additional time on the phone screening multiple candidates. They can also discontinue watching a digital interview if they feel the candidate is not a good fit. It is not so easy to end a phone call or an in person interview.
- HireVue gives the candidate a way to make a more compelling presentation of their experiences and what they bring to the position than a traditional phone screen would.
- HireVue allows for collaboration between multiple departments and hiring managers without having to schedule multiple phone screens. We have had candidates complete a digital interview for one position but after viewing it felt they may fit better in another role. Rather than having to schedule another interview we simply assign the interview to the hiring manager from the other department.
- HireVue is an excellent way for companies to distinguish themselves from other employers. The landing page has great corporate branding that can give insight to corporate values and culture. Additionally in an age that is becoming increasingly digital, a company that uses HireVue can show candidates that they are innovators and ahead of the curve. This works especially well with millennial candidates.
- I have found it difficult to contact HireVue for customer support. I had sent several requests that were not answered and when I finally did get someone I did not feel that they were able to help me.
- Flexibility on how to review the completed digital interviews
- App tools for both candidates and hiring managers are really easy to use
- All around great tool that is being adopted by many other companies
- The technology is continually improved, which we believe is critical for a software provider!
- Customer service (from our account manager) has been attentive and top-rate.
- The technology saves us time, money and headaches - so delivers on the brand promise
- Pricing of the product is 'mysterious' - this is probably not an issue for corporates, but is a turn-off for private enterprises.
- Clients who are looking to up their recruitment process have loved HireVue.
- Clients who are looking for a better strategy love HireVue.
- Clients who are looking to save money on flying candidates in love HireVue.
- Better reporting
- Creating their own ATS
- The technology is seamless for candidates and works well on mobile devices or anything with a webcam.
- The ability for candidates to complete their prescreen interview 24/7 provides the flexibility that our candidates need and appreciate.
- You can tailor your questions for all positions.
- Ability to include a welcoming/closing message for candidates.
- Reporting could be better.
- I did a HireVue myself and with this I thought that the instructions that they provided had enough detail to understand what to do with the Interview. This is a strength because we don't get any questions back from the candidate before the interview is completed. Its nice not having a ton of emails coming back having questions on how to complete it.
- When the candidate has the right video software, HireVue's video quality is pretty descent. We have had no problem on HireVue's end when it comes to video and sound quality. If we do it usually is on the candidates side.
- It is very simple to send HireVues out to the candidates and we get notifications when they are completed which is a really nice feature.
- Sometimes candidates need a reminder email about the HireVue to complete it. It would be nice on the front page of each position to be able to send out reminder emails if they haven't completed it with just one click.
- I don't know if HireVue does this or not but having a training webinar on how to use the product every once in a while would be nice. We have new managers come in that need to use it and it would be nice to have them attend one and figure out how to use it. Plus I wouldn't mind a refresher every once in while.
- Provides consistency to the interview process.
- It allows us to keep the whole application process digital.
- The process for the user to get into the interview could be streamlined better. It can be complicated, especially for those with little technology skills.
- I would like to be able to edit the questions in a current position without having to create a new position from scratch. Especially just be able to change the time limits etc.
- OpenVue - I like the OpenVue option so that I can put the link in postings to help speed up the interview process.
- On Demand - this has helped us so that candidates can do the interviews at their convenience and we do not have to set up a time to do an interview. In some cases, we are able to take days off the interview process.
- Duplicate a Hirevue position - there are many times that we do a launch and want to keep the location separated in HireVue. It would be nice to be able to duplicate a position and change the name.
- Search options - maybe I need to learn better, but it doesn't seem that there is a good way to filter through and find people that were not hired. I do know that part of the issue is the data we put into it.
- Gives the reviewer a sense of the potential candidate that could be representing the company in various parts of the country.
- It is a good tool but there is always room for improvement for the user friendly type people.
HireVue Scorecard Summary
HireVue is transforming the way companies discover and hire the best talent with its AI-driven Hiring Intelligence platform. Combining predictive, validated industrial/organizational science with artificial intelligence allows recruiting professionals to augment human decision-making in the hiring process, delivering higher quality talent, faster. HireVue has hosted over six million interviews for more than 700 customers worldwide, including more than one-third of the Fortune 100 and leading brands such as Vodafone, Nike, Intel, Hilton, HealthSouth, Qantas and Carnival Cruise Lines.
For more information, visit www.hirevue.com.
HireVue Support Options
|Free Version||Paid Version|
|Video Tutorials / Webinar|
HireVue Technical Details
|Mobile Application:||Apple iOS, Android, Mobile Web|
|Supported Languages:||English, Spanish (Latin American), Portuguese, Portuguese (Brazilian), German, French, French (Canadian), Italian, Finnish, Chinese (Traditional), Chinese (Simplified), Indonesian Bahasa, Turkish, Russian, Dutch, Thai, Japanese|