Overall Satisfaction with HireVue
The support services department has used HireVue as a second pass screening of applicants before determining whether to bring them in for a face to face interview. Some questions are designed to ensure that applicants will meet job requirements. Other video based questions give the candidate an opportunity to present themselves in ways that a resume cannot.
- Video based answers.
- Maintaining a thorough record of applicants.
- Collaborating as part of a hiring panel.
- Time saver.
- HireVue obviously isn't designed to replace recruiting efforts and we've ultimately decided to partner with a recruiting agency who can both recruit and vet candidates so we aren't actively using it at this time.
- Notes can be recorded based on impressions as you're viewing an interview. I like that, but would like to see better reporting capability to review those notes afterwards.
- Improved turnaround time with responses to direct applicants.
- Management time savings.
Frankly, I haven't used other competitors' products, though we have used recruiting agencies. HireVue accomplishes what it's designed to do and I've been impressed by the limited interaction I've had with their staff.
Naturally, you lack the benefit of dialogue that occurs in a face to face interview. When vetting technical skills/knowledge, it's more difficult to determine whether answers are genuine - there are some options, namely video and time limits, but we chose not to use it as a replacement for face to face interviews before final decisions are made.