December 09, 2015
Score 8 out of 10
Overall Satisfaction with HireVue
We utilize HireVue for candidate interviews. The candidate will record a video interview and our recruiting and onboarding team reviews them. We have six prerecorded questions (little video clips) and the candidate has a two minute window to record their answers for each question. We review hundreds of videos from candidates across the country.
- Easily allows us to customize our interview instructions, notes, preferences, etc.
- Creates a fairly easy to use mobile interface for interviewing. Without video interviewing, our interview process would be slow and cumbersome.
- Nice features set up for review purposes, such as auto-advance (to the next question) and the option to show a 'roll' of all videos that need to be reviewed.
- HireVue is integrated with our custom ATS system, so there may be some integration issues there, but overall, there are too many steps needed to 'pass' an interview after reviewing it. Would love to see a single click accept which triggers the next steps in the process.
- Many candidates are confused by the practice time period vs. the actual recording period and we end up with 'blank' recordings. Either clearer instructions are needed, removing the practice option for every question, or a more obvious way to show the candidate what is being recorded and what is not.
- Perhaps another integration issue, but we don't always see the results of the video interviews right after they are recorded. We've had to go back into the HireVue website to retrieve 'lost' videos at a candidates request (which we never would have found on our own).
HireVue is well suited:
- If you want to include a video option during your interview process, especially if you get LOTS of applicants and want to narrow it down, this is a great product. We have a high drop off rate of people who never complete the interview, but since our role involves a certain amount of tech-savviness, we appreciate this benchmark. Keep in mind you may need to offer another interview channel if you ask for a video interview.
- If you have standard questions you want to ask all of your applicants.
- If you want to assess verbal communication skill as part of your job requirement.