Overall Satisfaction with HireVue
We use HireVue for most of our recruitment projects (GMs, CEOs, CFOs and administrative support), both external and internal. Some of our clients also use HireVue for onboarding new team members.
- HireVue is excellent for remote recruitment projects.
- It provides a level playing field - everyone gets the same questions without any interviewer bias.
- HireVue allows us to give more candidates the opportunity to sell themselves than we would be able to provide if we met with everyone face to face immediately.
- The lack of queues or immediate feedback is challenging for some candidates, particularly those who are discussing support roles.
- Although I can't quote any figures, we have won recruitment projects on the basis of our use of HireVue, including a number of roles that we have managed interstate.
HireVue is excellent for high level roles, remote roles (FIFO included), where there is a time difference and/or high volumes of candidates. It is more challenging to get support candidates engaged - it is way out of the comfort zone for many of them, and can actually be a barrier to some candidates that otherwise appear to be very good. I would also be less likely to use it when I have approached a candidate, or where candidates are extremely scarce.