- Email segmentation- the email segmentation feature is the standout thing that sets Hubspot apart from other marketing software tools to me. Getting consumers to open emails these days is the #1 marketing tool, and by delivering content in context, information they can trust and use, you become a valued partner and they become a brand ambassador.
- Content marketing advice- the automatic prompts in the blog template enables users to seamlessly create valuable content. It's really hard to mess up if you're using Hubspot's dashboard and creating consistent content.
- Reporting: Hubspot's reporting tools are very in depth and would satisfy any client looking to know where traffic comes from and what pages are their most popular.
- Reporting: I'd like to be able to see unique monthly visitors, something that Google can easily report.
- List sorting: I'd like to be able to sort the list by column right on the customer dashboard. Date added, forms downloaded, etc
- Positive: using Hubspot has helped us qualify leads much better. Before we would have a exploratory call or two with a prospect and then send a budget and proposal. Hubspot has helped us turn cold leads into warm and push them down a funnel, not necessarily faster, but more qualified so we aren't giving away our secrets to anyone!
- Positive: from blogging 3x/week, our Google page rank has increased exponentially. We have jumped for multiple keywords and search terms to the first page.
We're drinking the Kool-Aid. As a marketing firm, we see content/inbound marketing as the future. We are now all publishers. I believe we have only scratched the surface of this realm and are looking forward to the new tricks and tools Hubspot brings to its partners.
If you're in a business where people might Google your product or service, I'd suggest you need to jump headfirst into content marketing. Hubspot is a great tool for that, but it's expensive. If the colleague has unlimited funds, then I would definitely suggest Hubspot for the assistance, customer support and email segmentation it provides. If the funds are limited, then I would suggest still getting into the game, but using a number of free tools to help. They won't get all the benefits, but they'll still be able to get the online conversation going.