At my former employer I was responsible for the implementation of iApplicants. They had no ATS system previously. I assisted our implementation manager in setting the system up based on our company needs, trained the recruiters in using it and developed the reference materials for our team. I also as the lead recruiter utilized it daily to manage our applicant flow.
- I think posting jobs is particularly easy, our prior system was time consuming and complicated. With iApplicants we reduced our time to post new positions from roughly 3-4 hours down to approximately 15 minutes depending on the number of sites you wanted to push the postings to.
- The applicant screening questions were the best feature for a team with a large number of requisitions and a limited number of recruiters. This simple feature allowed us to sort through hundreds of candidates in a matter of minutes and identify the top 5-10 to forward to the hiring manager for review.
- I like having the ability to set up access in the system for hiring managers to review candidates at their convenience. It reduces the need for active communication between the recruiter and the hiring manager regarding the status of incoming resumes.
- The version we used didn't have the look and feel of more sophisticated ATS systems, which often feel more user friendly. It would be nice if it had less of a database format.
- The posting feature utilized a third party which was great but didn't post to real time and required some follow up administratively. The feature of posting from the system is fantastic and the number of options is great but for sites that require manual entry and approval just knowing you are waiting on a third party company to manually enter those postings, have them approved and then verify they have actually been posted live requires a bit more follow up than I prefer.
- We had a posting delete and no technical explanation as to why or how. It took someone several days to realize it was gone which lost traction and was alarming when we realized that the technical support team had no idea how it happened or what could prevent it from happening again. Needless to say that led to having to verify all postings were active daily for several weeks after which was time consuming when you have 30 open requisitions at a time.
- Our recruiting team were all contractors costing between $30-$40/hour and the idea of new positions taking 3-4 hours to post to all of our required sites was extremely costly in addition to the cost per ad. The reduction in time to post one position a month paid for the system each month.
- The previous system we used was manual and time consuming iApplicants allowed us to increase the speed of our lead conversion, reduce the time our requisitions were open and provide better customer service to our hiring managers through better applicant flow.
- The ROI was tremendous, the reduction in time to fill open positions, reduce cost of contractor hours spent on administrative tasks and the ability to source candidates from previous applicants in our database made iApplicants the best investment for our team in 2013.
I've tested several vendor ATS systems to find iApplicants, used several systems developed for prior employers and used Taleo. iApplicants, for the investment is definitely worth the cost.
The system does what we needed it to do and has allowed us to become more efficient in our recruiting efforts.
Evaluation and Selection
Problems get solved
Kept well informed
No escalation required
Immediate help available
Support understands my problem
Support cares about my success
Quick Initial Response
Yes - We had a requisition delete with no record of it other than the print out showing where it was posted. The issue couldn't be resolved because technical support had no idea what happened. We did not have the capability of deleting positions.
My VP was very demanding and often unrealistic so the support team often had requests that were made with unrealistic turnaround times, delivery expectations outside of the realm of the systems capability and yet they always handled the requests quickly and with professionalism.
Like to use
Easy to use
Technical support not required
Quick to learn
Feel confident using