Overall Satisfaction with IBM Connections
We are currently using IBM Connections for communication across all departments. It has been great being able to collaborate across the board. In our department, we have been able to quickly and efficiently share important information, saving valuable time. The files on IBM Connections work great as a cloud and will soon replace our shared drives. As a company of 300+, the communities have brought unique individuals together that wouldn't have found each other without it.
- Files app - Excellent for a replacement of shared drives. Using a cloud based system is the way of the future.
- Communities - We use this in our department for an easy to access centralized hub of information. For the company, we have used this to start a Couch to 5K which has increased efficiency and morale.
- Search function - Fast way to find what you're looking for! A task that could sometimes take hours tracking down through traditional methods, finding what you're looking for has never been easier!
- Files - It would be nice to have an option of folders within folders for easier organization.
- Iphone App - Would love to see a chat function on the app (love the chat function through the website with Sametime)
- Our consumer support team has been able to communicate information faster which helps reduce the time it takes to get information to our consumers.
- We have used the Communities to start a Couch to 5K, bringing over 20 employees together, which has brought morale up, increased efficiency, and made the work place a better place overall!
- Our President uses IBM Connections to get out important information in a timely manner. Getting the overall plan and vision out this way helps increase employee efficiency and morale!
IBM Connections is much more advantageous than a simple cloud storage, such as Dropbox. Dropbox is simple and easy to use, however it does not offer all the features IBM Connections has. The additional abilities of IBM Connections make it a great tool for companies and departments. For this reason, we use IBM Connections.
Overall, IBM Connections is a big asset to our company. As more people learn how to use it, the communication through divisions has increased dramatically. The ability to share information and access it anywhere (opposed to a shared drive, which we can only access while on the network) has been a huge improvement for us. Using wiki for common problems has freed up the IT department to focus on more important tasks.
IBM Connections is an excellent tool when a department or company needs to share a lot of information between other departments or individuals. Using IBM Connections for company wide updates are much more convenient than email blasting. The only downside to IBM Connections I could see is if someone doesn't have frequent access to a computer (ex. manufacturer, warehouse, etc.).