Overall Satisfaction with Intacct
Intacct is our central accounting system and time tracking system. It is mainly used by our accounting department, but other areas use Intacct. All employees use it for time tracking, and certain users are beginning to use the product in a project manager type role. Intacct addresses all of our accounting needs while also helping to provide project insight to our project managers.
- Continually upgrades and no current risk of becoming obsolete.
- Can be used as an ERP system.
- Very user friendly, and easy to learn, yet can be customized to handle complex transactions.
- Weak custom report writer (though financial report writer works wonderfully).
- Invoicing needs improvement and flexibility, though is constantly being upgraded to meet customer needs.
- Work needs to be done to streamline consolidations and limit the number of eliminations needed.
- Consolidation to one system, less redundant information.
- Less server maintenance due to the Cloud.
- Reduction of reports done outside system.
Intacct tailored a sales tactic specifically for our company to show what the system can specifically do for us, while NetSuite did not. I also liked the ability for Intacct to allow different softwares to be easily bolted on to the system while NetSuite appeared to not have the same ease of conversion.
Intacct is great for a mid size or growing business. The system is geared a little bit more towards the SaaS or non profit business model, but our company is in services and has decent functionability. Perfect also for a growing company since you can expect the product to grow as does your company.