Overall Satisfaction with iSpring Suite
We have SMEs throughout the organization that provides fundamental course content in PowerPoint. Everybody has PowerPoint. With iSpring, our team can take these plain PPTs and quickly enhance them into engaging, SCORM compliant courses we publish to the LMS. iSpring is continually adding new features, content, and resources to help us build better courses. And iSpring Support is some of the best I have encountered, they obviously love their product and their customers.
- Based on PowerPoint, it leverages all of that tool but also brings a LOT of new features.
- Publish SCORM compliant, HTML5 courses for most any LMS.
- Technical support is awesome.
- Frequent free webinars with important eLearning industry topics.
- iSpring folder structure must be maintained, need rigorous best practices.
- Online collaboration is limited.
- Printing of complete courses, including nested interactions and quizzes, is not possible.
- No native text-to-speech capability.
- streamline publishing our annual compliance courses.
- Easy learning curve since it's based on PPT.
- Excellent technical support whenever a glitch shows up, or just to show us how to do something more easily.
Do you think iSpring Suite delivers good value for the price?
Are you happy with iSpring Suite's feature set?
Did iSpring Suite live up to sales and marketing promises?
Did implementation of iSpring Suite go as expected?
Would you buy iSpring Suite again?