Jamf is Awesome.
November 01, 2018
Jamf is Awesome.
Score 10 out of 10
Overall Satisfaction with Jamf Pro
We use Jamf Pro to manage all our Macs. The combination of Jamf and DEP makes provisioning much easier. We also regularly audit the endpoints for software compliance, security settings, and configurations. We employ a number of configuration profiles to be assured of correct/preferred settings. Jamf Pro is a wonderful tool for pulling specified reports.
- Deploy configuration profiles to assure correct settings.
- Execute a number of extension attributes to audit very specific settings and conditions.
- Regular status reporting on policy progress.
- There are a couple interface changes that would improve data visibility.
- Enforcing consistency across all views would improve the product. (i.e. some list views have a checkbox where multiple items can be selected before leaving the screen--other views have an "add" button for an item which requires you to go back in to select another item.
- I feel there has been a positive effect on the ROI (for the purchase and maintenance of Jamf Pro. Jamf pro reduces the number of technicians needed for Provisioning. software installation and routine maintenance of the fleet of Macintosh computers.
- There is a positive effect on the ROI for the Macintosh computers because they can be upgraded and maintained (nearly) automatically. thus extending their useful life and customer (user) satisfaction.
- We can better manage the computer lifecycle with Jamf.
Jamf Pro is a must in any organization where they want to actively manage their Macs. If the company doesn't assign an appropriate amount of resources to "managing the Jamf platform" then they will end up with a tool that reports the condition of their computers as they fall behind on compliance.