Easy to use, yet powerful
April 07, 2020
Easy to use, yet powerful
Score 9 out of 10
Overall Satisfaction with Jamf Pro
We use Jamf Pro to manage our Apple devices (160 MacOS, 100 iOS). All the devices in the company are managed through Jamf Pro. It helps us managing endpoint security, software updates, App patches through policies, and configuration profiles.
- Manage endpoint security
- Software updates and patches
- The User interface was vastly overhauled but still needs improvement at some points, I do not worry as it is a work in progress.
- Automating the patch management will help also.
- We would seriously spend a lot more time on day-to-day device management without it.
- We would probably have to hire another member to the team if we did not have a Mobley's device management tool.
- We are able to manage and track devices that are in our offices all around the globe without having a local IT for every country.
Some MDM do windows and Mac management, but not many of these do either Mac and Windows management well. Mosyle is a serious outsider, budget-wise, but still needs a lot of work on several features. Workspace ONE is very powerful but really not easy to set up and use. Jamf Pro is at a higher price point compared to its competitors, but every member of my team that had to use it has been proficient and productive in a matter of days.
Really amazing support that employs amazing people. I did not have to contact support often as a lot is discussed on the Jamf nation forum, but every time I had to go to the support I got a quick result and if an issue needed support time for resolution, I was kept informed all along and I feel that they would not rest until the issue is fixed ;)
Do you think Jamf Pro delivers good value for the price?
Are you happy with Jamf Pro's feature set?
Did Jamf Pro live up to sales and marketing promises?
Did implementation of Jamf Pro go as expected?
Would you buy Jamf Pro again?
Jamf Pro shines when you need a tool that is really simple to use, yet has everything to do more elaborate and powerful management tasks. I like that I can monitor my fleet at a glance and apply some policies very quickly, but if I need to deploy scripts or such, almost everything is possible. Jamf can manage a small business fleet of devices and allow them to enforce security and policies. But you can also do very powerful stuff if you start connecting to its API and for instance, get notifications for all sorts of events, automate a lot of repetitive tasks such as inventory, etc. The support is excellent and there is a huge public community of experts that can help on very specific requests.